PDA

View Full Version : Sign FRED TAYLOR in the offseason !

Alluro
10-03-2002, 11:55 AM
I am starting the fred taylor to the bills Bandwagon. Would anyone else like to hop on?

Fred is a free agent and the Bills will have major money to spend. Donahoe would be a fool not to make a push for the best pure runner in football.

SABURZFAN
10-03-2002, 12:13 PM
we need D-line help.

THATHURMANATOR
10-03-2002, 12:17 PM
Fred Taylor is one of my favorite non bill and would be a great addition except for the fact that he will want big money and that is one of the most injury prone players of recent memory. I also think Henry will develop into a solid back. We should focus on defense next year!

The Natrix
10-03-2002, 12:20 PM
I love Fred Taylor, but lets not give up on Henry.

He is only in his 2nd year and I am not sure you can even count last year as a year, when he was running behind the worst O-line in NFL history.

Although I don't think Henry will ever be as good as Taylor, I think he can and will be a solid starter for us for years to come. If I change my mind about this, at the seasons end, then I am all for going after FT.

Although, no matter what Henry does, I would still much rather see a big time DT signed before a RB, and without a #1 pick, f'agy is probably the way to go with a DT

Also, Jacksonville will probably give him a good offer (assuming he continues to play at his current level) since he is proving to be the whole team down there

clumping platelets
10-03-2002, 12:25 PM
DL

Novacane
10-03-2002, 12:26 PM
I'd pass on Taylor. Our Offense is good enough. We need D help.

4thAndLong
10-03-2002, 03:10 PM
This is the same guy who said trade for Moss.

No way do we sign fragile fred. He'll get injured, again. He'll want big $$, he may be as good as Faulk, but he gets injured way too much.

RedEyE
10-03-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by 4thAndLong
This is the same guy who said trade for Moss.

No way do we sign fragile fred. He'll get injured, again. He'll want big $$, he may be as good as Faulk, but he gets injured way too much.

Fragile Fred ~ THAT SAYS IT ALL.

jdbillsfan
10-03-2002, 03:31 PM
I am not sure how accurate this list is, but it has some interesting names. I didn't see Fred Taylor. Takeo Spikes would be pretty cool.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/2003fa.htm

Alluro
10-03-2002, 03:34 PM
I can see it now...instead of us signing him, fred signs with New England and makes them an unbeatable force and we will not have a chance for the next 4 to 5 seasons.

Alluro
10-03-2002, 03:34 PM
I think Taylor's is a player option

casdhf
10-03-2002, 03:35 PM
why?

The_Philster
10-03-2002, 03:54 PM
We need DL help. Fred Taylor is more injury-prone than Rob Johnson...which fits, considering we traded away the pick that drafted Taylor FOR RJ.
At least he's not a cancer, I guess.

Novacane
10-03-2002, 03:59 PM
Taylor will resign with the Jags.

RedEyE
10-03-2002, 03:59 PM
Ok say we sign Taylor, then he gets hurt and the Bills end up using Travis Henry anyway. What's the point?

I say we let the season play it's self out, then review options IF they need reviewing. I think a lot of you will be changing your minds about Henry once the season is completed.

iceblizzard69
10-03-2002, 04:00 PM
I would love it if the Bills wasted a ton of money on a player who is always injured.

WG
10-03-2002, 04:04 PM
Agreed. We need D help and if we focus on that and fix it, even w/ what we have, we'll be much better poised to do well than w/ only an average D and Taylor. Besides, injury prone is right. He's never started a full season.

Besides Henry still has some time although it's fast running out.

There're other options as well.

Novacane
10-03-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I would love it if the Bills wasted a ton of money on a player who is always injured.

I am sure you would!

Drewpac
10-03-2002, 04:51 PM
"Besides Henry still has some time although it's fast running out."

That's such a ridiculous comment. Henry is averaging 4.2 ypc. When was the last time a Bills' back did that. What does everyone expect from him. Did you all really think he was going to run 1500 yards? The guy is only 4 games into his second season and he has shown alot of improvement (obviously besides the fumbles). He's become a much better receiver and blocker in just one offseason. Give the guy a break. At least he doesn't close his eyes and run straight into the line like everybody's favorite back-up Shawn Bryson.

I agree that Taylor is a great talent but he's never played a full season in his career. He's not worth the risk. Can we at least give Henry a full year before we evaluate him?

JefftheBillsfan
10-03-2002, 04:51 PM
taylor would be a bad idea IMO....he is more injured than RJ ever was. Henry will be fine.

RedEyE
10-03-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Drewpac
"Besides Henry still has some time although it's fast running out."

That's such a ridiculous comment. Henry is averaging 4.2 ypc. When was the last time a Bills' back did that. What does everyone expect from him. Did you all really think he was going to run 1500 yards? The guy is only 4 games into his second season and he has shown alot of improvement (obviously besides the fumbles). He's become a much better receiver and blocker in just one offseason. Give the guy a break. At least he doesn't close his eyes and run straight into the line like everybody's favorite back-up Shawn Bryson.

I agree that Taylor is a great talent but he's never played a full season in his career. He's not worth the risk. Can we at least give Henry a full year before we evaluate him?

Well said. I completely agree with all that you've said. However, Wys is right, if Henry fails to put up 1,000 yards rushing this year, I think that it's time to consider other alternatives. I am an avid Henry fan and believe that he will suprise the nay sayers of this board.

Dozerdog
10-03-2002, 05:14 PM
I have no Idea about Stacy Mack's contract, but I wouldn't mind him as depth.

Fred has to much that could go wrong with him.

casdhf
10-03-2002, 05:32 PM
I think depth at HB is really the last thing we should be looking for.

Drewpac
10-03-2002, 05:33 PM
Stacy Mack reminds me of Huntley. Not attitude wise, but in their running styles. We need to pick our back for the future and stick with him. I say Henry is the man. I agree, if he doesn't average over 3.7 ypc or gain 1000 yards then maybe it's time for a change. But, when you watch Henry with your own eyes and throw away all of the stats you can see that he is our best runner since TT. The guy has a knack for finding the holes and he's tough to tackle. I think he'll be a quality back in this league with somebody, hopefully the Bills.

JayWood
10-03-2002, 06:51 PM
Remember TD is rebuilding this team. Last offseason it was the offense, after this year we have to focus on the defense. Put the two together and you have a damn good football team going into the 2003 season. Forget about Taylor, we need help on the defense side of the ball!!

Tatonka
10-03-2002, 07:16 PM
look at the d tackles.. there are no good ones available next year.. we have to go draft.

lordofgun
10-03-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by jdbillsfan
I am not sure how accurate this list is, but it has some interesting names. I didn't see Fred Taylor. Takeo Spikes would be pretty cool.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/2003fa.htm

Welcome to the boards, JD!

casdhf
10-03-2002, 10:26 PM
Sign Vonnie Holliday!

ublinkwescore
10-04-2002, 09:32 PM
I've got a better Idea, why don't we forget about Fred Taylor, get Bledsoe an apprentice, or focus on keeping Price, and getting a Ted Washington or Cory Simon to put in next to Fat Williams. Maybe we can get our hands on a good pass rushing DE too if we're gonna have a lot of cap room at the end of this season.

God, I'm salivating over this season - Drew's just starting out in this Offense, and playing like an MVP. Wait till next year when he's gotten really comfortable in it, and we've got the supposed cap room to go get another big name (well not too big I hope) for our team, we'll be pencilled in for sure as the Superbowl champions in the offseason.

Alluro
10-05-2002, 04:07 AM
As much as I hate to say it, Ryan Leaf would be the perfect apprentice.

The_Philster
10-05-2002, 06:05 AM
OK, Alluro.....now I KNOW you're joking around with these ideas.

colin
10-05-2002, 07:13 PM
Other guys are gonna get cut too, some DT and/or DE will show up.

Typ0
10-05-2002, 08:53 PM
Who said Taylor is as good as Marshal Faulk? That is hillarious.

4thAndLong
10-06-2002, 07:35 AM
When healthy he is. Have you seen him play when he's healthy? Only if he could stay like that. He is a huge threat when in the game.

But, like I said, if he could only STAY in the game.

Typ0
10-06-2002, 08:19 AM
He is not nearly the threat Faulk is. Taylor is a great back...but he is a pure back. You will not see him line up at the LOS as a receiver. That ability makes Faulk quite an exception.

4thAndLong
10-06-2002, 09:02 AM
Yeah, but Faulk has that edge. He has had great receivers to benefit from. Not just 2...Rams have been deep at WR when Faulk did good. They had their 2 deep threats in Holt and Bruce, and had those slot receivers in Hakim and Proehl. Faulk's productivity has gone down because of losing those slot receivers.