PDA

View Full Version : Ponder this-

Dozerdog
11-28-2003, 03:31 PM
The Pats have 2 #1's, 2 #2's a 3, & 2 #4's

If the Bills are drafting #5 to 10 overall, and if they offer a couple of the high picks for a desireable player like Sean Taylor or Gallery, would you grab a bunch of picks in this deep draft or go fo r the stud?

This doesn't have to be the Pats, either. If Eli Manning is there and someone wants him bad enough, do you pull the trigger on trading down?

Novacane
11-28-2003, 03:35 PM
If Eli Manning is there I think I may grab him. I think he is as sure of a bet as you are gonna get in the draft as far as QB of the future. I guess it all depends on what TD does in FA before the draft.

Dozerdog
11-28-2003, 03:40 PM
I'm thinking that the positions the Bills want to fill the most- DE, OL- have excellent talent that can be had middle/late first round.

I'd rather get 2 top 50 picks for a lower #1, 2 #1's if it's a top 8 pick

Mr. Miyagi
11-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Unless we lose out the rest of the way, no way we'll have a chance on Eli.

He's known to be the best QB in the draft.

Which other teams with a bad record are looking for a QB?

Jets have Pennington - no
Cleveland - maybe
Pittsburgh - yes
Jacksonville has Leftwich - no
Houston has Carr - no
Oakland - yes
San Diego - if Brees is not the answer, yes
Giants - Collins looks to hang around
Washington has Ramsey - no
Chicago has Grossman - no
Detroit has Harrington - no
Atlanta has Vick - obviously not
Arizona - maybe

Looks to me we'll be up against Cleveland, Oakland, Pittsburgh, San Diego, and Arizona. I think only San Diego, Oakland and Arizona will have a high enough pick to beat us to it.

My money is on Oakland getting him. But I hope we do first.

Novacane
11-28-2003, 03:53 PM
I think Eli will be gone when the Bills draft too. Arizona may end up with a better/same record as us. I can't see that happening with Oakland and San Diego. Both of them should take Manning. I think Brees sucks.

Dozerdog
11-28-2003, 03:56 PM
I think you both are missing the point of the thread- would you trade down and give up on a stud player to fill a bunch of holes in the top 2 rounds?

Do you go for the stud??

Novacane
11-28-2003, 03:57 PM
I'm not missing the point................I already said I think I'd take Manning if he was there.

Novacane
11-28-2003, 03:58 PM
............................he's the only one. If he was gone I'd hope we trade down.

Dozerdog
11-28-2003, 04:01 PM
So would you be comfortable if the Pats wanted Sean Taylor. a force you would have to face twice a season, for 2 of their #1's?

Mad Bomber
11-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Three words...

I WANT GALLERY!

'Nuff said.....

Novacane
11-28-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
So would you be comfortable if the Pats wanted Sean Taylor. a force you would have to face twice a season, for 2 of their #1's?

Yea. Whose to say Taylor is going to be great in the NFL. Good chance but no sure thing.

DraftBoy
11-28-2003, 06:43 PM
to answer your question more to the point Dozer, yes I would pass on the stud to pickup more picks in the top 2 rounds. Round 1 player that high would be a big payday, and alot of guys weve gotten recently have been round 2 steals. Peerless Price, Josh Reed. 3 2nds, and 2 3rds would do nicely to help us fill our needs (OL, DE, CB, WR, QB) So yea I would trade down even if it meant losing out on Taylor or Manning.

Tatonka
11-28-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Mad Bomber
Three words...

I WANT GALLERY!

'Nuff said.....

we need a center and a guard.. not a tackle.

personally.. i dont care how much of a "lock" peyton 2 is ... i would not drop a super high pick and a TON of money on a qb... way way way to risky... there are more 1st round qb busts than there are success stories.. look around the league.. how many high first round studs do you see playing right now?

i am not 100% sure, but i didnt think that taylor was gonna go that high.. i was thinking around pick 15. am i way off?

DraftBoy
11-28-2003, 06:55 PM
well we will be picking around 15 I would think. between 8 and 15, and its not unheard of for a Safety to go that high, especially with Reed and Williams doing so well.

Tatonka
11-28-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
well we will be picking around 15 I would think. between 8 and 15, and its not unheard of for a Safety to go that high, especially with Reed and Williams doing so well.

well, as far as i can see, there are NO DE's that are worth taking at 8-15 where we will be picking. and really no Centers or Guards... why not take a stud at safety... hopefully we will get lucky and he will fall right into our laps. if that is the case.. i wouldnt trade down .. no way.

Mad Bomber
11-28-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

we need a center and a guard.. not a tackle.

personally.. i dont care how much of a

I agree that we need interior linemen (maybe D. Woody?)....but if a stud like Gallery is available, we should get him...

Bufftp
11-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Mad Bomber

I agree that we need interior linemen (maybe D. Woody?)....but if a stud like Gallery is available, we should get him...
gallery would add some add some attitude to the line............ :sumo: