PDA

View Full Version : Shockey out - what a dumbass

Dozerdog
11-29-2003, 09:04 AM
Fot the Jeremy Shockey lovers- this guy is a complete idiot. He disobeyed team orders to rest, and instead aggrevated his injury "working out"

There is a fine line between playing with fire and enthusiasm, and pure stupidity

November 29, 2003 -- Jeremy Shockey's latest stupid decision may leave the Giants short-handed tomorrow afternoon.
Shockey's availability for the 1 p.m. game against Buffalo is highly in doubt after the Giant tight end missed practice again yesterday due to his balky left knee.

The second-year pro aggravated the knee when he disobeyed Jim Fassel's direct orders Monday and worked out strenuously despite being inactive for the Tampa Bay game.

Fassel indicated Shockey - as well as injured left tackle Luke Petitgout - could be scratched as early as this morning's practice. But the Giant coach also left open the possibility that Shockey would play against the Bills at Giants Stadium.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/43307.htm

mybills
11-29-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

There is a fine line between playing with fire and enthusiasm, and pure stupidity

Sort of like a QB practicing with a concussion? :rolleyes:

Dozerdog
11-29-2003, 09:21 AM
If I recall, Bledsoe sat out practices until he was cleared by the team doctors and a neurologist.

Shockey was told to sit and disobeyed orders. What is the comparison?

mybills
11-29-2003, 09:29 AM
He may have been cleared by the doctors, but he wasn't feeling well and he practiced anyway. At this point, he's still feeling fuzzy, and he still wants to play tomorrow. Maybe he's as thick headed as Shockey! :idunno:

Moulds80
11-29-2003, 11:11 AM
That redneck! I hate Shockey, I'm glad he isnt on a football field. Ya Shockey, drop another TD pass and laughy ou over-rated piece of ****.

Dozerdog
11-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by mybills
He may have been cleared by the doctors, but he wasn't feeling well and he practiced anyway. At this point, he's still feeling fuzzy, and he still wants to play tomorrow. Maybe he's as thick headed as Shockey! :idunno:

I guess that makes Eric Moulds and Travis Henry idiots too then. :rolleyes:

mybills
11-29-2003, 02:33 PM

I guess that makes Eric Moulds and Travis Henry idiots too then. :rolleyes:

Now you're catching on! ;)

MelK
11-29-2003, 03:55 PM
Players have to play with some injuries- otherwise you would need rosters with 80 players on them.

Shockey disobeying his coaches and medical advisers shows how a thick head can overcome talent. I don't see how anything could be gained from ignoring the advice of the Giant's staff other than an ego boost. Now his employer will be paying him a hefty check not to play this weekend.

One of Marv Levy's and Bill Polian's requirements when drafting players were that the prospect had to have charachter. They might have bickered with each other in the locker room and in the press, but they were stand up players on the field- always looking for the team goal. (for the most part) That character gave the club the ability to return continuously from adversity- "They Circled The Wagons".

Shockey's dismal second half performance in last year's 49er playoff game is proof. He was too busy throwing ice or whatever into the crowd to stay focused- and then dropped a critical TD pass that would have salted it away.

Gimmie a smart, stand up guy (who may lack some attributes) like Steve Tasker over this clown any day.

SABURZFAN
11-29-2003, 04:53 PM
i like shockey.i wish we had him.

stuckincincy
11-29-2003, 10:58 PM
Just a feeling, but I think Shockey won't be in the league a real long time.

Dozerdog
11-29-2003, 11:01 PM
Brian Bosworth comes to mind-

Can't wait for that first action/biker movie to come out

Dozerdog
11-29-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
i like shockey.i wish we had him.

Just curious, saburz- If he were a Bill, and he injured himself foolishly doing something the Bills told him not to do- and was unavailable to play this weekend- wouldn't you be pissed?

SABURZFAN
11-30-2003, 12:04 AM

Just curious, saburz- If he were a Bill, and he injured himself foolishly doing something the Bills told him not to do- and was unavailable to play this weekend- wouldn't you be pissed?

of course.