PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe update

mybills
11-29-2003, 09:13 AM
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (Nov. 28, 2003) -- Bills quarterback Drew Bledsoe is prepared to play against Giants despite experiencing a few lingering post-concussion symptoms after practicing Friday, Nov. 28.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BUF/6873671

BillsFever
11-29-2003, 10:47 AM
Here's an excuse for Bledsoe lovers as to why Drew will stink it up again this Sunday. Hey at least it's something different :idunno:

Moulds80
11-29-2003, 11:10 AM
The guy could easily just sit out and let AVP run the offense, but no...Bledsoe is going out there with a few lingering post-concussion symptoms and is going to play. That has some guts to it dont ya think?

BillsFever
11-29-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Moulds80
The guy could easily just sit out and let AVP run the offense, but no...Bledsoe is going out there with a few lingering post-concussion symptoms and is going to play. That has some guts to it dont ya think?

He probably isn't worried about knocking anymore screws loose since they all fell out a few years ago.

Drew has been pathetic. If he sat and AVP had marginal success it would make him look even more like a bum then he already is. He will not let that happen.

Last time he missed a game due to injury he lost his job. He won't even take the chance of a scrub like AVP showing him up and making him look bad again.

Dozerdog
11-29-2003, 12:48 PM
Here we go again with the segregation of Bills fans-

"You Bledsoe Lovers" and attaching a stigma to it. Rooting for the QB is a bad thing I guess.

Go ahead and be critical- you have the right- I'm not going to label you any less of a fan. But I guess if you can't agree to disagree- you have to be labled a "lover"

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31550&highlight=lovers

The_Philster
11-29-2003, 01:18 PM
name-calling is juvenile...I just discount that kind of stupidity myself. If people have to name-call to get their points across, how much credibility does their opinion really have?

BillsFever
11-29-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Here we go again with the segregation of Bills fans-

"You Bledsoe Lovers" and attaching a stigma to it. Rooting for the QB is a bad thing I guess.

Go ahead and be critical- you have the right- I'm not going to label you any less of a fan. But I guess if you can't agree to disagree- you have to be labled a "lover"

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31550&highlight=lovers

I root on Drew to be a good QB. There is nothing I'd love more then for Drew to become a "franchise" QB and tear up the league for the next 4 years and get ripped on for bashing him and being wrong for 4 years.

The bad thing is most of his career(epecially the last 4) he hasn't shown anything to give somebody without blind faith hope that he could be a good QB.

The truth is this guy is a career .500 QB. His TD/TO ratio is almost 50/50 in his career. Every year in the league his QB rating has been considerably worse in the 2nd half of the year. He has a significantly worse losing record in the 2nd half in his career. He's only won 17 games out of his last 53 attempts. He has been in the Top 4 of most sacked QB's in the league over the last 4 years. He has 14 TD's and over 30 TO's in his last 18 games.

I don't wanna hear about his padded stats last year either or his first 7 games of the year when he was inspired to play football. A lot of QB's would have some pretty good stats if they passed over 600+ times in a season. He was true to form in the 2nd half when he crumbled and had 8 TD's and 15 TO's the last 9 games of the year.

When the same thing happens over the course of time with 3 different coaches, and god knows how many OC's it's considered a trend and not a funk. I guess all these coaches, WR's, and OL sucked? Even Bill Belichek?

Dozerdog
11-29-2003, 01:34 PM
All good points- but if we can get him to take a pay cut and get an OC who knows how to call plays- I'll be willing to give him one more shot.

BillsFever
11-29-2003, 01:48 PM
Bledsoe didn't scare me in New England. When they signed him to that contract a couple years ago I laughed and drooled at the thought of the Pats screwing up their cap for a loser like Bledsoe. I knew they were no serious threat as long as he was there.

When we traded for him I was cautiously optimitic from Donahoe's blind faith. I fell into the hype when he came out and tore it up at the start of the year.

I was waiting for the New England game and see how he played in that game and handled the adversity the rest of the year. I knew if he stunk it up he would stink it up for the rest of the year. Bledsoe can't overcome adversity.

He has been a different QB since that game. The fire he had the first 7 games has yet to be seen again. An inspired Drew Bledsoe can be very lethal. The problem is he doesn't stay inspired for long.

The game has passed Bledsoe by. It's time for him to hang it up and to ride back to Montana in the limo he pulled into Buffalo with.

saviorbledsoe
11-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Im sure they felt pretty bad when that bum took them to the Superbowl in 96 or when his leadership and skills in the championship game gave them a Superbowl Championship in 2001.

Maybe you should take a limo back to wherever you came from and leave us alone!

mybills
11-29-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Im sure they felt pretty bad when that bum took them to the Superbowl in 96 or when his leadership and skills in the championship game gave them a Superbowl Championship in 2001.

96 - D
01- Luck
:evil:

but getting back to the topic, something tells me he won't last the whole game. Maybe even sit out after the first quarter. If you've ever had a concussion (I have) it isn't pleasant. Can he be 100% ok in less than two days? Maybe, but I doubt it. I think any QB that suffers a concussion should skip at least a week. JMO.

MelK
11-29-2003, 03:14 PM
From what I understand, the cuncussion occured last Sunday- not 2 days ago

He reported that he was feeling headaches after the game and on the Monday day off. Tuesday is a film study day, and only until Wed- the first day of physical practice- did he sit out - he sat thursday- and after being thouroughly examined on Friday did he return.

He will have close eyes on him for sure- they don't want to repeat the Kurt Warner disaster the Rams had week #1

mybills
11-29-2003, 03:31 PM
Melk, you misunderstood me, as it says in the article he was still feeling effects after Fri's practice..I meant less than 2 days till game time.

MelK
11-29-2003, 03:40 PM
my bad- sorry

BillsFever
11-29-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe

Maybe you should take a limo back to wherever you came from and leave us alone!

Oh wow one good season and a 105 yards passing in a victory and all of a sudden that makes up for the other 10 years?

If I had a limo I wouldn't be here anyway so that's a mute point.

BillsFever
11-29-2003, 07:52 PM
Hey Trent Dilfer WON a Super Bowl. I think we should sign him for 8 million dollars a year.