PDA

View Full Version : Earth to Eric

BillsFever
11-29-2003, 12:09 PM
''I want to do everything I can to get out there and play,'' Moulds said as the Bills (4-7) prepare to face the New York Giants (4-7) at the Meadowlands on Sunday. ''Even if it's to get out there and dictate coverage a little bit because (opponents) don't know that I'm fully hurt, so I can help other guys get open.''

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/332/sports/Injury_relegates_Moulds_to_sec:.shtml?tbdInjury_relegates_Moulds_to_sec:.shtml

What the hell was he thinking? If they didn't know before then they know now. :shakeno:

Dozerdog
11-29-2003, 12:44 PM
...Or maybe that's what they want the opposition to think.....;)

BillsFever
11-29-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
...Or maybe that's what they want the opposition to think.....;)

I hope there is something to it. That wouldn't be the brightest thing to announce :lol:

Who knows with the way he is playing though. I know he's injured but I see him throwing his arms up in the air looking for a PI call almost every time he is thrown too. Sometimes the ball isn't even there yet. I remember one play where he probably could've caught a ball but instead he was throwing him arms up at the ref for a flag :idunno:

I feel we really need to get a gamebreaker WR this year. Eric is good but he is no Owens, Moss, Holt or Harrison. These guys can dominate and take over a game. I don't get that feeling with Moulds. He is good but he isn't Top 5 material IMHO.

Them guys are a threat to take it all the way whenever they catch the ball. How often have you seen that from Moulds over the years? Moulds has only had double digit TD's in one or two years if I'm correct?

Moulds is definitely a #1 but he isn't a dominator. I wish we could've gotten Harrison over him in the draft. We couldn't but just think if we had Moulds and Owens over the years. Somehow Owens was a 3rd round pick in the same draft.

The_Philster
11-30-2003, 03:47 AM
CBs, other WRs, and GMs around the league disagree with you on Moulds' ability. They make him out to be #2 out of the draft class of 96...behind only Harrison and ahead of Owens.

saviorbledsoe
11-30-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever

I hope there is something to it. That wouldn't be the brightest thing to announce :lol:

Who knows with the way he is playing though. I know he's injured but I see him throwing his arms up in the air looking for a PI call almost every time he is thrown too. Sometimes the ball isn't even there yet. I remember one play where he probably could've caught a ball but instead he was throwing him arms up at the ref for a flag :idunno:

I feel we really need to get a gamebreaker WR this year. Eric is good but he is no Owens, Moss, Holt or Harrison. These guys can dominate and take over a game. I don't get that feeling with Moulds. He is good but he isn't Top 5 material IMHO.

Them guys are a threat to take it all the way whenever they catch the ball. How often have you seen that from Moulds over the years? Moulds has only had double digit TD's in one or two years if I'm correct?

Moulds is definitely a #1 but he isn't a dominator. I wish we could've gotten Harrison over him in the draft. We couldn't but just think if we had Moulds and Owens over the years. Somehow Owens was a 3rd round pick in the same draft.

Dude are you even a Bills Fan at all?????? You hate Drew Bledsoe, you dont like Eric Moulds.........why dont you go for the trifecta and tell us you dont like Travis Henry. You are such a closet PHINS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!

BillsFever
11-30-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Dude are you even a Bills Fan at all?????? You hate Drew Bledsoe, you dont like Eric Moulds.........why dont you go for the trifecta and tell us you dont like Travis Henry. You are such a closet PHINS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I say I hated Eric Moulds? Did I say he sucked? Nope them words never came out of my mouth.

I just noted that he isn't a gamebreaker type of WR. Don't tell me you think he is? How often does he catch the ball, juke a couple defenders and take it 70 yards to the house over the years? That's what I thought.

Them other guys can do them kind of things and that's the kind of WR I would like to have. I never once said Eric sucked I said he wasn't as good as them guys.

Just because somebody plays for the Bills it doesn't make them the best player at their position in the NFL.

saviorbledsoe
11-30-2003, 10:04 AM

Did I say I hated Eric Moulds? Did I say he sucked? Nope them words never came out of my mouth.

I just noted that he isn't a gamebreaker type of WR. Don't tell me you think he is? How often does he catch the ball, juke a couple defenders and take it 70 yards to the house over the years? That's what I thought.

Them other guys can do them kind of things and that's the kind of WR I would like to have. I never once said Eric sucked I said he wasn't as good as them guys.

Just because somebody plays for the Bills it doesn't make them the best player at their position in the NFL.

Did you happen to watch Bills football last year at all or were you in a comma? Not a game breaker huh? Im glad i got a laugh today :lolcry:

BillsFever
11-30-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
CBs, other WRs, and GMs around the league disagree with you on Moulds' ability. They make him out to be #2 out of the draft class of 96...behind only Harrison and ahead of Owens.

Oh and I guess you talked to most of these guys and that's what they stated to you? These are professionals not Jills Cheerleaders you can stalk around to every charity gathering.

Harrison
G Rec Yds Y/G Avg Lng YAC 1stD TD
118 727 9624 81.6 13.2 79 3.4 486 80

Owens

117 573 8310 71.0 14.5 79 5.7 395 78

Moulds

118 486 7032 59.6 14.5 84 4.7 322 39

Harrison and Owens have more receptions, more yards, more first downs, and TWICE AS MANY TD'S. Yeah I'd say their stats are just a little better over the years.

The_Philster
11-30-2003, 10:12 AM
Drop the personal attacks, Feve!! Just because I am disagreeing with you is no need to act like this is usenet! I read the November 23rd edition of Bills Digest...but I suppose it's biased because it's Bills Digest :rolleyes:

BillsFever
11-30-2003, 10:13 AM
Did you happen to watch Bills football last year at all or were you in a comma? Not a game breaker huh? Im glad i got a laugh today :lolcry:

You are a friggin moron dude. Do you judge everybody's career by one season or one game? Yeah Moulds was GREAT last year. Besides last year 1998 was the only other year he TORE IT UP. Last year was his ONLY year with double digit TD's. Harrison and Owens have 4 years of double digit TD's.

I guess Moulds is still better then these guys because he plays for the Bills?

I'm not gonna sit here and get in a fight about whether Moulds is good or not. That isn't the debate here. The debate is whether he is a dominating threat like the other guys. Career stats will show that he isn't up to their level.

BAM
11-30-2003, 10:16 AM
Moulds not a gamebreaker? Somebodys on the crizzack !!

:lol:

BillsFever
11-30-2003, 10:18 AM
Drop the personal attacks, Feve!! Just because I am disagreeing with you is no need to act like this is usenet! I read the November 23rd edition of Bills Digest...but I suppose it's biased because it's Bills Digest :rolleyes:

Lighten the hell up. You're too thin skinned dude and uptight all the time.

People can say crap to me all the time about mine and others thoughts on Drew but do we cry about it? It's all in good fun.

Dozerdog
11-30-2003, 10:20 AM
OK- everybody lighten up please.

Thanks!

Let's beat the crap out of the Giants- they are skidding like we are. One win won't cure all but it will lighten the mood a bit

BillsFever
11-30-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
Moulds not a gamebreaker? Somebodys on the crizzack !!

:lol:

You don't know what a gamebreaker is then. A gamebreaker is somebody who is a threat to take it to the house whenever he catches the ball.

39 TD's in 8 years is hardly enough to consider somebody a gamebreaker. Is he a good steady WR? You damn right he is. Is he a gamebreaker and a dominating WR like Moss, Harrison, Owens, or Holt? Not even close. Them guys can dominate a game.

The_Philster
11-30-2003, 10:21 AM
I'm hardly uptight. Making a personal attack when you're arguing a point doesn't help your point. I commented on what you said but, unlike others, I've made no attacks on your fandom or anything else.

BillsFever
11-30-2003, 10:26 AM
I'm hardly uptight. Making a personal attack when you're arguing a point doesn't help your point. I commented on what you said but, unlike others, I've made no attacks on your fandom or anything else.

Fire away at it I don't care. I'm not gonna lose any sleep at night over it.

Sorry maybe I did get a little carried away. You didn't deserve to be attacked but others do sometimes.

helmetguy
11-30-2003, 10:27 AM
There are some people who just can't differentiate between Fantasy League/ Video Game football and real football. Who wouldn't love to have a guy who can break a 70-yard catch and run on every play; not to mention the "franchise QB" that hits 80% of his passes (but, with the receiver just mentioned, shouldn't the QB hit on 100%?). Add to that mix a Running back that averages 10 yards per carry and a TE that can tie up TWO D-linemen onevery down. That's what the more persistant carpaholics seem to be preaching. The person in question on this thread has gone the extra mile to basically proclaim himself as the player evaluation expert, directly disputing what those in the business of football are in consensus about regarding players' abilities, etc.

One other thing:

"Oh and I guess you talked to most of these guys and that's what they stated to you? These are professionals not Jills Cheerleaders you can stalk around to every charity gathering."

This type of posting has got to stop. Make your point intelligently, without the demeaning personal attacks. There was NO call for this kind of crap. One of your bretheren couldn't get the hint and he's now gone from here. You know of whom I speak and to whom I am speaking to. This kind of post is simply ignorant-even by your minimal standard!!!

The_Philster
11-30-2003, 10:38 AM
Fire away at it I don't care. I'm not gonna lose any sleep at night over it.
It's not my style. I left usenet to get away from it

BillsFever
11-30-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy
There are some people who just can't differentiate between Fantasy League/ Video Game football and real football. Who wouldn't love to have a guy who can break a 70-yard catch and run on every play; not to mention the "franchise QB" that hits 80% of his passes (but, with the receiver just mentioned, shouldn't the QB hit on 100%?). Add to that mix a Running back that averages 10 yards per carry and a TE that can tie up TWO D-linemen onevery down. That's what the more persistant carpaholics seem to be preaching. The person in question on this thread has gone the extra mile to basically proclaim himself as the player evaluation expert, directly disputing what those in the business of football are in consensus about regarding players' abilities, etc.

One other thing:

"Oh and I guess you talked to most of these guys and that's what they stated to you? These are professionals not Jills Cheerleaders you can stalk around to every charity gathering."

This type of posting has got to stop. Make your point intelligently, without the demeaning personal attacks. There was NO call for this kind of crap. One of your bretheren couldn't get the hint and he's now gone from here. You know of whom I speak and to whom I am speaking to. This kind of post is simply ignorant-even by your minimal standard!!!

I didn't say I'm the player evaulation expert. If I'm the expert then all of you are just as much of experts as I am.

I didn't attack ANYBODY in this post until I was attacked. I stated that we need another WR(which we do) hopefully like Moss, Harrison, Owens, and Holt.

I stated Moulds hasn't had the production as them other WR's over the years. I posted stats to prove it. I never said he sucked. I never attacked anybody. I stated he wasn't as good as them guys and I GOT ATTACKED FIRST. The stats prove he isn't as good as them guys. He has found the EZ half as many times in his career. There is no way to dispute that fact.

I see other "Drew Lovers" attacking the "Non-Bills Fan Drew Bashers" but nothing rarely ever gets said to them. I guess if you agree on the point with the person it's ok. If you disagree with them then a little smack is a bad thing. I see now.

BillsFever
11-30-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy
This kind of post is simply ignorant-even by your minimal standard!!!

Quit with the personal attacks man before I have you kicked off of here like you know who.

Sorry my "minimal standards" aren't up to your level. You are just so much better then me. I'm sorry King Helmet.

The Spaz
11-30-2003, 10:42 AM
Quit with the ****** dividing we all have opinions and are Buffalo Bills fans period! This ***** is really ****** stupid!

The_Philster
11-30-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Quit with the ****** dividing we all have opinions and are Buffalo Bills fans perioid! This ***** is really ****** stupid!

:bf1:

BillsFever
11-30-2003, 10:49 AM
Oh and Mr. (I'm too good for others and I don't attack them) Helmetguy. I've seen times where you have called people tools and moreless called them morons, idiots, ect. You aren't as blatant at it but you still lead onto it. Don't act like you're an angel over everybody else.

saviorbledsoe
11-30-2003, 10:55 AM
"Everybody is Wrong but me........." I hate Bledsoe, I hate Moulds....Fire EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! They all SUCK!!! You are ALL WRONG!!!!!!!!!! Im not crying SHUTUP YOU Pee Pee heads :(

ROFLMAO

Dozerdog
11-30-2003, 10:59 AM
OK- time to blow the whistle on this one.

Thread closed -

BillsFever
11-30-2003, 10:59 AM
"Everybody is Wrong but me........." I hate Bledsoe, I hate Moulds....Fire EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! They all SUCK!!! You are ALL WRONG!!!!!!!!!! Im not crying SHUTUP YOU Pee Pee heads :(

ROFLMAO

Did anybody hear something?