PDA

View Full Version : What I'm looking for in the draft this year

BillsFever
11-29-2003, 01:06 PM
Of course FA is gonna dictate our draft needs but as of right now this is what I'm looking for. This is assuming we'll be drafting anywhere from 5-10 and no trades.

If Eli happened to be there you take him and never think twice. He probably won't be though. Roy Williams will also be gone.

1a- DT, Vince Wilfork
1b- DT, Tommie Harris
1c- WR, Reggie Williams
1d- FS, Sean Taylor

Big Pat and Fat Sam aren't getting any younger. With another stud DT we can keep all 3 fresh and groom one of these guys to step in as the starter in a couple years. If not who do we have when these guys are finished? It's not the biggest need right now but it's the most bang for the buck. WR's, OG's, and FS's can be had in later rounds. DT's hit the wall about 31-32 and Pat and Sam are fast approaching that wall. I know we need a DE but I don't think any of them are worthy of a Top 10 and doesn't have stud written all over them.

2nd Round

If a top QB slipped then we should take him. If not then the best talent available between a WR, OG, and C

3rd Round(We will have 2 high 3rd round picks)

WR, OG, C, OR FS depending on value and who we drafted in the 2nd round.

4th Round

Same as the 3rd round

Rounds 5-7

Whichever player has the most potential. 75% of it is luck after this point. Most times you will miss but other times you may hit the jackpot. The most you can expect from these rounds are good role players. There are usually a few steals from these rounds every year. You just have to find them.

Dozerdog
11-29-2003, 01:12 PM
Not Bad!:up:

A lot has to do with the new coach and his philosophy, which one of the dozen teams between 3-5 wins sucks the most down the stretch, and as you pointed out- the salcap cuts and free agent signings.