PDA

View Full Version : Another early Mock Draft

MelK
11-29-2003, 02:18 PM
This Mock must have been done a while back. But what the hey- it's a slow day

1. Arizona Cardinals - Steven Jackson, RB Oregon State
Arizona could be looking for a quarterback in the draft, but I don't think any warrant a selection in the first half of the first round. The Cardinals need impact players, and Jackson is the best all-around running back in college.

2. Chicago Bears - Vince Wilfork, DT Miami (Fla)
Wilfork still looks like the best defensive tackle, but he's been playing a little soft and looks to be a little out of shape. The Bears need a big body in front of linebacker Brian Urlacher to take advantage of his strengths.

3. San Diego Chargers - Tommie Harris, DT Oklamoma
This might be a little high for Harris, but he is a legitimate top-10 pick and defensive tackle is one of the Chargers' biggest needs.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars - Roy Williams, WR Texas
Williams has played a little soft this year, and it is debatable whether he or Michael Clayton is the best receiver in the nation. The Jaguars need to surround rookie quarterback Byron Leftwich with as many weapons as possible, so I think they'll take the best receiver available.

5. Cincinnati Bengals - Marlin Jackson, CB Michigan
I thought the Bengals might pull a surprise and take Terence Newman with the first pick last year. In 2004, I think Marvin Lewis will go after a No.1 cornerback if one of the top-two defensive tackles are already gone.

6. Houston Texans - Robert Gallery, OT Iowa
I think the Texans would like to snag a big nose tackle, but I doubt Wilfork will drop this far. The Texans should grab the best offensive tackle in the draft if they can't get a quality defensive tackle with this pick.

7. New York Jets - Michael Clayton, WR LSU
Michael Clayton may be considered the best receiver in the country by the time the draft rolls around. The Jets need a new No.1 receiver, so they will probably take the best available here... and there should be a good one around when the Jets pick.

8. Detroit Lions - Sean Taylor, S Miami
Detroit needs help in a lot of areas, and a play-making safety is high on their list. Taylor is a big-play guy and possibly the best defensive back in the draft.

9. New Orleans Saints - DeAngleo Hall, CB Virginia Tech
The Saints are giving up more than 300 yards per game through the air, so help in the defensive backfield only makes sense. Hall has tremendous speed, a 38-inch vertical jump, and all the tools to be a shut-down corner in the NFL.

10. Atlanta Falcons - Reggie Williams, WR Washington
In my opinion, there's not much difference in the talent of the top-three receivers. The Falcons need to give Mike Vick more weapons and I think they will pick a receiver here if one of the top-three are still around.

11. Oakland Raiders - Randy Starks, DT Maryland
The Raiders all of a sudden have a lot of holes to fill and I think they will look at the defensive side of the ball early.

12. Cleveland Browns - Kellen Winslow Jr., TE Miami
Offensive line is more of a need, but a talent like Winslow would be tough to pass on at this point.

13. New England Patriots (from Baltimore) - Shawn Andrews, OT Arkansas The Pats have suffered a lot of injuries on the defensive side of the ball, but I look for them to shore up the offensive line if Andrews is available.

14. Green Bay Packers - DeMarco NcNeil, DT Auburn
Defensive tackle is the Packers biggest need. If one of the top guys is still available here, they won't get any further. This is a no-brainer in my opinion.

15. Washington Redskins - Antwan Odom, DE Alabama
Odom's stock is soaring right now, and he may end up in the top-10 if he decides to enter the draft in 2004. Defensive linemen should be a priority for the Redskins.

16. Philadelphia Eagles - D.J. Williams, OLB Miami (Fla)
The Eagles should try to find McNabb a bona fide receiver so we can end all this foolish talk about how he is overrated, but if the best linebacker in the draft is still on the board, they probably won't let him get by.

17. Buffalo Bills - Rashaun Woods, WR Oklahoma State
Even if Reed proves he can fill the No. 2 role, the Bills still need to add another receiver.

18 Pittsburgh Steelers - Eli Manning, QB Mississippi
The Steelers need serious help in their secondary, but they also need to start thinking about their future at quarterback. I'm not sure the top QB will slip this far, but at this time, I don't see any that are worth a top-ten pick.

19. New York Giants - Vernon Carey, OT/OG Miami
The Giants need a lot of help on the offensive line, and Carey can play either guard or tackle.

20. New England Patriots - Kevin Jones, RB Virginia Tech
Jones would give the Patriots a home run hitter at running back.

21. San Francisco 49ers - Ernest Wilford, WR Virginia Tech
Wilford is finally getting the attention he deserves.

22. Dallas Cowboys - David Pollack, DE Georgia
The Cowboys defense would really shine with a decent pass rush.

23. St. Louis Rams - Antonio Perkins, CB Oklahoma
Perkins has been getting a lot of well-deserved attention lately and he could eventually move into the top-ten. He'd certainly give the Rams secondary a boost.

24. Seattle Seahawks - Claude Harriott, DE Pittsburgh
Harriott is very quick and would give the Seahawks a pure pass rusher

25. Denver Broncos - Chris Gamble, CB Ohio State
Gamble still needs to polish his skills a bit, but he would certainly be a welcome addition to the Broncos secondary.

26. Indianapolis Colts - Rod Davis, MLB Souther Mississippi
Defensive tackle is a bigger need, but Davis is probably a better value (and fills a need) than any of the DTs still on the board.

27. Carolina Panthers - Derrick Strait, CB Oklahoma
Strait may have been a first-round pick had he come out in 2003.

28. Miami Dolphins - Ben Roethlisberger, QB Miami (Ohio)
The Dolphins should be looking for a wide receiver early in the draft, but this kid is too talented to pass up at this spot. I could see Miami trading this pick with a team like Arizona in the early second round that needs a QB. They could still get a good receiver early in the second.

29. Minnesota Vikings - Dunta Robinson, CB South Carolina
The Vikings defense has played well in the early going, but I think they would be best served to pick up a true No.1 corner.

30. Tennessee Titans - Nat Dorsey, OT Georgia
OLB Karlos Dansby is a possibility here, but the Titans biggest need is probably at offensive tackle. They also need to consider a running back on the first day of the draft.

31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Fred Gibson, WR Georgia
The Bucs could use an infusion of youth at wide receiver, although they could elect to go with a defensive tackle if they allow Warren Sapp to walk at the end of the season.

32. Kansas City Chiefs - Darnell Dockett, DT Florida State
If there is a wide receiver worth a first-round pick still available here, I'd look for the Chiefs to go in that direction. A solid defensive tackle would do a lot for a defense that has shown significant improvement thus far.

MelK
11-29-2003, 02:19 PM
The Link-

http://football.about.com/cs/nfldraft/a/bl_mockdraft.htm

SoCalBillsFan
11-29-2003, 05:40 PM
no way stephen jackson is the number 1 pick in the draft.

lunatic_bills_fan
11-29-2003, 06:13 PM
This is the most hillarious one Ive seen yet, If Will Smith doesnt go in the first round, I'll buy the entire zone a drink.