PDA

View Full Version : Draft King Mock- 2 days old

MelK
11-29-2003, 02:27 PM
2004 NFL Mock Draft

Last Updated November 26, 2003

Of course it's impossible to know how teams will finish this season. And, keeping that in mind, here's a first round mock draft executed with a projected order. If you feel that your favorite team was jilted, don't take it personally. It's merely a projection.

1. Atlanta Falcons - Roy Williams, WR, Texas
2. San Diego Chargers - Tommie Harris, DT, Oklahoma
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Rashaun Woods, WR, Oklahoma State
4. Arizona Cardinals - Eli Manning, QB, Ole Miss
5. Detroit Lions - Steven Jackson, RB, Oregon State
6. Oakland Raiders - Vince Wilfork, DT, Miami
7. New York Giants - Robert Gallery, OT, Iowa
8. Cleveland Browns - Reggie Williams, WR, Washington
9. Chicago Bears - Marcus Tubbs, DT, Texas
10. Houston Texans - Shawn Andrews, OT, Arkansas
11. Washington Redskins - Will Smith, DE, Ohio State
12. Buffalo Bills - Kellen Winslow, TE, Miami
13. New Orleans Saints - D.J. Williams, OLB, Miami
14. Pittsburgh Steelers - Ben Troupe, TE, Florida
15. San Francisco 49ers - Derrick Strait, CB, Oklahoma
16. New York Jets - Lee Evans, WR, Wisconsin
17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Kevin Jones, RB, Virginia Tech
18. Cincinnati Bengals - Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan
19. Denver Broncos - David Pollack, DE, Georgia
20. Green Bay Packers - Sean Taylor, S, Miami
21. New England Patriots (from Baltimore Ravens) - Chris Perry, RB, Michigan
22. Seattle Seahawks - Chris Gamble, CB, Ohio State
23. Miami Dolphins - Nat Dorsey, OT, Georgia Tech
24. Minnesota Vikings - DeAngelo Hall, CB, Virginia Tech
25. Philadelphia Eagles - Michael Clayton, WR, LSU
26. New England Patriots - Jonathan Vilma, LB, Miami
27. Dallas Cowboys - Michael Turner, RB, Northern Illinois
28. Indianapolis Colts - Dunta Robinson, CB, South Carolina
29. Carolina Panthers - Nathan Vasher, CB, Texas
30. Tennessee Titans - J.P. Losman, QB, Tulane
31. St. Louis Rams - Karlos Dansby, OLB, Auburn
32. Kansas City Chiefs - Michael Jenkins, WR, Ohio State

If the players fell the way they did here, I'd still skip TE Wnslow. I'd gran Taylor or even go for Vernon Carey- even though Ingtar doesn't like Guards going that high. I think Carey is athletic and versatile enough (can play tackle as well) to fill a need here. Trading down would be an option as well

DraftBoy
11-29-2003, 06:28 PM
I dont want another Shockey. Hes got great talent but no brains.

Depending on whether we resign Winfield why dont we take Straight, or Jackson. Pollack also would be nice. Taylor also is an option but if we get him Id rather have Winfield resigned so we arent losing two key tackling DB's in Pierson and Winfield.

nolimit
11-29-2003, 06:32 PM
I think Kellen winslow is the answer to alot of our problems on offense! I know people have a problem with his attitude but the kid has got skills! I forget who said it, but by drafting winslow he alone would make our offense 100% better without changing a thing from this years line up!

If he is there, TD will take him!

Jan Reimers
11-30-2003, 09:10 AM
We have far greater needs than TE, to wit, DE, OL, QB, WR. Therefore, TD will probably take Winslow and ignore our more pressing problems as he did last year.

Dozerdog
11-30-2003, 09:17 AM
Are you in favor of drafting average talent to fill a need or drafting a superstar if he's available?

Drafting an average player for need just means you will be drafting that position again "for need" in a few years- Top 5 players don't come often - especially when you consider where we were drafting and who's available

Jan Reimers
11-30-2003, 09:27 AM
How about a superstar QB, WR, DE, DT or FS, i.e., a superstar at a position that we really need?

clumping platelets
11-30-2003, 10:06 AM
Sean Taylor :up:

Dozerdog
11-30-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
We have far greater needs than TE, to wit, DE, OL, QB, WR. Therefore, TD will probably take Winslow and ignore our more pressing problems as he did last year.

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
How about a superstar QB, WR, DE, DT or FS, i.e., a superstar at a position that we really need?

Obviously, if the position of need has a superstar- take the guy.

But you're complaining about McGahee getting picked instead of us going after a need position- did you want a William Joseph instead? He can't get off the bench.

If you were TD, who was your "Superstar QB, WR, DE, DT or FS" that we were to pick at 22?

clumping platelets
11-30-2003, 10:19 AM
If you use hindsight and look back at the rest of the 1st rd after McGahee, only one player has made an impact and that is LB Nick Barnett with the Packers. 1st pick in rd 2, OL Steinbach has played well, BUT then you go all the way down to pick #54 of the draft to find another player who has had any true impact, WR Anquan Boldin.

The draft is not for 1 season, it's for the long term. It's easy to look back and say we should have drafted so and so. :shakeno:

Dozerdog
11-30-2003, 10:22 AM
Isn't Hamlin (S)with Seattle having a good season? I know he started right away and had a good first half of the season

clumping platelets
11-30-2003, 10:24 AM
I actually think his playing time has decreased, however, I believe most of the attention going his way was due to some of his hits on receivers.

yle
11-30-2003, 02:00 PM
There is no reason we can't at least get a really good guard or center in the first half of the draft. If we can't get a stud (DE, or WR) we need to fix the lines. If you can't protect the QB, and you can't create pressure with your front 4, that is where you have to draft first.