PDA

View Full Version : Do We have enough money for Peerless?

Alluro
10-03-2002, 03:31 PM
Howard Simon on WNSA just said that Peerless is gone at the end of the year. Do we not have the cap room to retain him? It would suck if peerless has a dominant year and then is forced to move on.

Novacane
10-03-2002, 03:35 PM
We have the $$$. I believe we are going to be 15-20 million under the cap. He is probably going to demand to much and TD is not going to get us in cap jail again.

On a side note............don't put too much stock in what Howard simon or anyone associated with empire says.

4thAndLong
10-03-2002, 03:37 PM
Dont put any money on what those "experts" say. They dont know more than a BJ['s Bag Boy.

Alluro
10-03-2002, 03:38 PM
If we can get a RB like fred taylor, i would let peerless walk...if not, keep him at all costs (of course, assuming he keeps playing at this high level)

4thAndLong
10-03-2002, 03:39 PM
FRED TAYLOR EARNED THE NICKNAME FRAGILE FRED FOR A REASON. HE GETS INJURED EVERY YEAR.

Why pay HUGE money for a RB that will be gone for 3/4 of the year? Doesn't make any sense to me, and bringing an injury prone player to the north doesn't help his condition too much

Novacane
10-03-2002, 03:41 PM
Let em talk. I would almost gurantee TD will not even consider Fred Taylor.

ublinkwescore
10-03-2002, 03:45 PM
Why would we even think about Fred Taylor? I wouldn't even want to see Marshall Faulk up here - I'm content with Henry and Bryson. Unfortunately this is a PASS FIRST offense. We abandon the run because no one can stop us passing.