X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

What was that?!

This was a great game for the Bills, but it makes you wonder why haven't we seen this earlier in the season? Drew Bledsoe looked sharp and was finding everybody. He even threw a bunch of passes for more than 20 yards, including a sweet 24 yard TD to Dave Moore! We run the ball 33 times and mix it up with pump fakes, reverses, and a bunch of playaction! Damn! I didn't know Gilbride knew how to call a good game...but DAMN! Hell, he even ran the clock down successfully at the end of the game. 6:54 to go and he ran the ball on every single down! Plus to make the game even better...the defense had 5 sacks, a 1 forced fumble! Let's keep this up and kick the **** out of the Jets!
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

What, no Gilbride should have ran the ball more thread?

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

I'm just stunned
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
        RUSHING
        ATT YDS TD LG
        T. Henry 26 113 1 32
        R. Neufeld 1 14 0 14
        J. Reed 1 14 0 14
        J. Burns 5 13 0 9
        D. Bledsoe 2 -1 0 0
        A. Van Pelt 1 -2 0 -2
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

33 times????was KG even there today?
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Here's the SHOCKER OF THE DAY......

Buffalo Bills at 06:54
            1-10-BUF34 (6:54) T.Henry right end to BUF 42 for 8 yards (O.Stoutmire).
            2-2-BUF42 (6:12) T.Henry left guard to BUF 45 for 3 yards (O.Umenyiora, K.Hamilton).
            1-10-BUF45 (5:29) T.Henry right end to BUF 46 for 1 yard (L.Legree, D.Jones).
            2-9-BUF46 (4:45) T.Henry left tackle to 50 for 4 yards (K.Hamilton).
            3-5-50 (4:31) J.Burns left end to NYG 41 for 9 yards (M.Barrow, O.Stoutmire).
            1-10-NYG41 (3:48) J.Burns left end to NYG 37 for 4 yards (K.Hamilton, L.Legree).
            2-6-NYG37 (3:07) J.Burns right tackle to NYG 35 for 2 yards (C.Griffin).
            3-4-NYG35 (2:21) J.Burns left guard to NYG 35 for no gain (D.Jones, K.Hamilton).
            4-4-NYG35 (2:00) R.Neufeld left end to NYG 21 for 14 yards (D.Jones). End around.
            1-10-NYG21 (1:30) J.Burns left tackle to NYG 23 for -2 yards (K.Washington).
            2-12-NYG23 (:39) A.Van Pelt kneels to NYG 25 for -2 yards.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN

33 times????was KG even there today?
              That's what I was wondering.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster

RUSHING
                ATT YDS TD LG
                T. Henry 26 113 1 32
                R. Neufeld 1 14 0 14
                J. Reed 1 14 0 14
                J. Burns 5 13 0 9
                D. Bledsoe 2 -1 0 0
                A. Van Pelt 1 -2 0 -2

Why are you showing me the rushing stats? It was a joke.

By the way,
                The first half:
                10 runs
                27 passes

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Nope, the passing was working...why change? They went to the run at the end to run the clock down and it worked.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

By the way,
                    The first half:
                    10 runs
                    27 passes
                    i'm impressed that we ran the ball as many times as we did in the 2nd half.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                      i'm impressed that we ran the ball as many times as we did in the 2nd half.
                      Me too!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                        Sab and TD are insignificant
                        • Sep 2002

KG and GW both still gotta go at the end of the season.

There are many coaches out there that are doing more with a less talent laiden team (a couple are in the playoff hunt - like the Bungles).
                        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Some of Buffalo's success has to be chalked up to the Giants' ineptitude. Buffalo was also the beneficiary of some questionable calls by officials. Some of the run calls in the second half had a lot to do with the fact that Bledsoe was out of the game.

Still, Bledsoe did seem to regain some confidence, and with it some accuracy. He's had a lot of poor throws in recent games, but there seemed to be fewer today, and as the game went on there were fewer and fewer bad throws. Hats off to TH again for another solid effort. After a poor start to the season, he has a legitimate shot at matching his yardage total from last year. I think he's within 35 of a 1,000 yard season now.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

um, top two Head Coaches in danger of losing their job...

drum roll please....

Williams & Fassel.

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mike32282
                              Here's the SHOCKER OF THE DAY......

Buffalo Bills at 06:54
                              1-10-BUF34 (6:54) T.Henry right end to BUF 42 for 8 yards (O.Stoutmire).
                              2-2-BUF42 (6:12) T.Henry left guard to BUF 45 for 3 yards (O.Umenyiora, K.Hamilton).
                              1-10-BUF45 (5:29) T.Henry right end to BUF 46 for 1 yard (L.Legree, D.Jones).
                              2-9-BUF46 (4:45) T.Henry left tackle to 50 for 4 yards (K.Hamilton).
                              3-5-50 (4:31) J.Burns left end to NYG 41 for 9 yards (M.Barrow, O.Stoutmire).
                              1-10-NYG41 (3:48) J.Burns left end to NYG 37 for 4 yards (K.Hamilton, L.Legree).
                              2-6-NYG37 (3:07) J.Burns right tackle to NYG 35 for 2 yards (C.Griffin).
                              3-4-NYG35 (2:21) J.Burns left guard to NYG 35 for no gain (D.Jones, K.Hamilton).
                              4-4-NYG35 (2:00) R.Neufeld left end to NYG 21 for 14 yards (D.Jones). End around.
                              1-10-NYG21 (1:30) J.Burns left tackle to NYG 23 for -2 yards (K.Washington).
                              2-12-NYG23 (:39) A.Van Pelt kneels to NYG 25 for -2 yards.
                              Let's not get all goofy over the fact that we ran 33 times. We ran 23 times until our final drive- with a backup qb in the game and we are killing the clock. Then we run 10 times in a row to end it - it skews the numbers a bit.

However- nice to see them finally gobble the clock up

Comment

Working...
                              X