PDA

View Full Version : Gameball and Goats

justasportsfan
11-30-2003, 03:44 PM
Gameball:
Henry- McGahee has a tall order trying to take the job away from Henry. He's back to getting extra yards but without the fumbles. Making tacklers miss and still breaks through them.

WR's- Better hands today than in the past. Reed- This to me was the best game he's played. We still need a reciever to stretch this field.

Drew- There were times when he held the ball too long but that throw to Moore was what made Drew a great qb. I hope to see more of those than bonehead plays.

The Entire D- Milloy, Spikes, Williams and Shobel played like we expect them to. Shobel can be great if given a Good DE opposite him. This D gave Collins pressure a lot today. Great coaching calls.

Gilbride- I don't know if he had anything to do with it (:D) but we ran the ball well. There were times when I questioned his running schemes but not to take anything away from Henry, the Giants D was missing tackles all day.

GW- Although I think you're gone, congratulations on one of your few road game wins .

Special team- Not great but decent. Moorman was solid as usual.

GOATS-

OL- what's up with those holding calls? Good run game but not great. Henry had to break a lot of tackles and pass protection wasn't good.

justasportsfan
11-30-2003, 03:50 PM
Oh yeah. We needed this win facing the Jets next week.

Coaches made a good call pulling out Drew when they did. Funny thing is w/ Van Pelt in there , we were forced to run and we did a good job at it. I wonder why the coaches didn't try to run more often this season. :snicker:

helmetguy
11-30-2003, 07:54 PM
Haven't we been asking that question since Week 3?

Mad Bomber
11-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Game Balls:
1) Reed (I can't believe I'm saying this!)
2) Shaw (Again, I can't believe)
3) Henry....the guy is a STUD, playing with a broken leg

Goats:
None, since we FINALLY WON!!!!!

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

helmetguy
11-30-2003, 08:19 PM
Game balls all around! WR's had some drops...BUT WERE FINALLY GETTING OPEN; even threat of run was good enough to induce NY to overplay it. Lots of good things done well today.

Special recognition: Aaron Schoebel. Playing way above the expected developmental curve!

(Damn it's great to post about a win for once!)

juice
11-30-2003, 10:40 PM
Schoebel played with intensity powering past blockers, and Reese had 6 solo tackles continues to stay active and covers well. Ga. Tech upset

caveboy
12-01-2003, 07:50 AM
Game Balls:

1) Henry. Imagine if we actually had a line that blocked better, he'd be a 125-150+ ypg back.

2) Overall defense - except for the one deep miscue resulting in the Gints only score.

3) ST punting and coverage.

Game goats:

1) O-line penalties - are ya' kidding me????

2) STOP RUNNING THE DRAW OUT OF THE SHOTGUN IN THE BACKFIELD.

3) Drew's lack of touch with his screen passes.