PDA

View Full Version : Play off picture

illusionone
11-30-2003, 03:49 PM
Does anybody know what has to happen for the bills to make the playoffs (other than the obvious bills win their last 5 games)

SABURZFAN
11-30-2003, 03:57 PM
:scratch:

ummmmm.......teams ahead of us in the standings have to lose??????:snicker2:

Michael82
11-30-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
:scratch:

ummmmm.......teams ahead of us in the standings have to lose??????:snicker2:

The Colts did! :snicker:

ublinkwescore
11-30-2003, 04:12 PM
We need losses by the broncos, fins, Jets, Ravens (I think), Cleveland, and Houston, and it would be nice if we swept the Pats and they finished 9-7 too because that would make us the division winners provided we tie with the Fish and the Pats sweep them.

OpIv37
11-30-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
We need losses by the broncos, fins, Jets, Ravens (I think), Cleveland, and Houston, and it would be nice if we swept the Pats and they finished 9-7 too because that would make us the division winners provided we tie with the Fish and the Pats sweep them.

Didn't the pats win their 10th today?

mybills
11-30-2003, 05:25 PM
I have no idea what it will take, but if Miami beats the Pats next week (which I think they will) that would slap NE in the face and damage their division stats should Miami win this week. I'm :pray:ing that happens, because Miami is more likely to choke at the end than NE! :snicker:

Typ0
11-30-2003, 05:46 PM
it's all over....put a fork in us.

BiLLSRuLE
12-01-2003, 01:31 AM
1 Kansas City (West Champions) 11-1
2 New England (East Champions) 10-2
3 Tennessee (South Champions) 9-2
4 Cincinnati (North Champions) 7-5
5 Indianapolis (Wild Card) 9-3
6 Miami (Wild Card) 8-4

Baltimore 7-5
Denver 7-5
Houston 5-7
Buffalo 5-7

Patrick76777
12-01-2003, 09:07 AM
What we need.

CIN – 9-7
At Balt – L
SF – W
At Stl – L
Cle – W

Bal – 10-6
Cin – W
At Oak – L
At Cle – W
Pit – W

Buf – 9-7 (4-2 division)
NYJ – Win
At Ten – Win
Mia – Win
At NE – Win

Mia – 9-7 (3-3 division)
At NE – L
Phi – L
At Buf – L
NYJ – W

Hou – 6-8
At J-ville – W
At TB – L
Ten - L
Ind – L

Den – 8-8
KC – L
Cle – W
At Ind – L
At GB – L

Again, It’s not yet at the point where it’s beyond the realm of possibility. If we had just won on of the last 3 games, we’d be in great shape. We really need Miami and Denver to take a dump. We could still possibly sneak in if Denver finishes 2-2, but we need Miami to finish 1-3. Both teams have a tough final 4.

The most improbable think would be us finishing 4-0. It will be tough to win in Tennessee and New England.

The perfect week 14 would be as follows

NE over Miami
KC over Denver
Baltimore over Cincinnati
Buffalo over NY Jets.

Not that all of this needs to happen, this just represents the perfect situation.

If that were to happen and we could somehow beat Tennessee and Philly can go down to Miami and win, we’d actually go from being out of it, to being in great shape. We could be a week 16 win over Miami away from having a win and in situation against New England in week 17.

It doesn’t look great now, but a lot could chance if we win the next 2.

Phins054
12-01-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by OpIv37
Didn't the pats win their 10th today?

Yeah...I think NE has the division wrapped up unless they have a major slide. I still don't believe they are as good as their record...

DraftBoy
12-01-2003, 09:25 AM
Im agreeing with a fin fan I cant believe it. But I do agree as much as we say the division is the strongest in the NFL. It most certainly is not this year with the Jets loss of Pennington, Our over-hype, the Dolphins usual ups and downs, and the Patsies injury problem. Just not a good year. I think the Patsies will lose in round 1 if they dont get the bye.

EM Bills Fan 80
12-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Boy it sure would have been nice to beat Indy and Houston. Indy would be 8-4, Houston would be 4-8, we would be 7-5, and with a win over the Jets and a Indy loss to the Titans we'd both be 8-4 and we have the tie breaker with them. Ahhhhh the last 2 weeks killed us!

Patrick76777
12-01-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by EM Bills Fan 80
Boy it sure would have been nice to beat Indy and Houston. Indy would be 8-4, Houston would be 4-8, we would be 7-5, and with a win over the Jets and a Indy loss to the Titans we'd both be 8-4 and we have the tie breaker with them. Ahhhhh the last 2 weeks killed us!

Great point.

Throne Logic
12-01-2003, 11:26 AM
How to make the playoffs:

We need to get better coaches this off-season and win more than 10 games next year.

Dolphinatic
12-01-2003, 01:56 PM
Assuming Buffalo wins its last four, finishing 9-7 overall and 7-5 in the AFC…

Miami must finish 1-3 (or worse). Any three losses would work, though obviously you're already counting on one in Buffalo. So really, Miami needs to lose two of its other three.

Denver must lose twice to AFC opponents. This would even up final AFC records (7-5) and give Buffalo the tiebreak edge in record vs. common opponents (Bengals, Chiefs, Patriots, Colts). Since Denver plays three AFC games before closing in Green Bay, two Bronco wins in the next three weeks eliminates Buffalo.

The AFC North runner-up (Bengals or Ravens) must have at least seven losses too. One will get a sixth when they play this weekend, barring a tie. Buffalo would win a two-way 9-7 wildcard tiebreak with either Baltimore (AFC record) or Cincinnati (head-to-head win), as well as three-way ties with either team and Denver. I don’t think it matters too much who wins the Bengals-Ravens game, but Cincinnati has to visit St. Louis two weeks later so if I were a Bills fan I’d probably want Baltimore to win this weekend, figuring the Bengals should lose another one anyway. Neither team’s schedule looks especially difficult after next week, otherwise.

Houston probably needs to lose one more, although in a three-way Bills-Texans-Broncos tie the Bills-Texans game would be tossed out and Houston would be eliminated by AFC record (6-6), followed by Buffalo winning the wildcard via common-game record. So Houston could conceivably win out and not cost Buffalo a wildcard. Here’s a fun twist: three Denver losses could create a two-way Bills-Texans tiebreak that you’d lose, while two Denver losses could create a three-way tie that you’d win.

I haven’t figured out three-way ties with the Texans and Bengals/Ravens, or four-way ties. I have also ignored the possibility that the Colts could lose their last four. I doubt a 9-7 wildcard will be available anyway, but of course you never know.

justasportsfan
12-01-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Im agreeing with a fin fan I cant believe it. But I do agree as much as we say the division is the strongest in the NFL. It most certainly is not this year with the Jets loss of Pennington, Our over-hype, the Dolphins usual ups and downs, and the Patsies injury problem. Just not a good year. I think the Patsies will lose in round 1 if they dont get the bye.

This hasn't been a good year for NY teams(granted that the other so called NY teams play in NJ) Giants, Jets and Bills :down: