PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent Kickers/Long Snappers

Michael82
11-30-2003, 04:28 PM
Here's a list that I found in Pro Football Weekly!

Kickers:
Gary Anderson - Tennessee (UFA)
Doug Brien - NY Jets (UFA)
Steve Christie - San Diego (UFA)
Jay Feely - Atlanta (RFA)
Shayne Graham - Cincinnati (RFA)
Bill Gramatica - Arizona (RFA)
John Kasay - Carolina (UFA)
Owen Pochman - San Fransisco (RFA)
Wade Richey - Baltimore (UFA)
Matt Stover - Baltimore (UFA)

Long-Snappers:
Ethan Albright - Washington (UFA)
David Binn - San Diego (UFA)
Kendall Gammon - Kansas City (UFA)
Joe Maese - Baltimore (RFA)
Ed Perry - Miami (UFA)
Mike Schneck - Pittsburgh (UFA)

Michael82
11-30-2003, 04:29 PM
So, now the question is....who do you want? Is there anyone on this list that we should sign?

:feedback:

Michael82
11-30-2003, 04:29 PM
I'd LOVE to see TD sign Matt Stover to a contract. He can kick field goals better than Lindell can! :shakeno:

The_Philster
11-30-2003, 04:30 PM
Don't see it happening. Lindell has a lengthy deal. They'll give him at least another year.

Michael82
11-30-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Don't see it happening. Lindell has a lengthy deal. They'll give him at least another year.

Yeah, but it sucks...he looks horrible lately. His kickoffs are pretty good, but his kicks have been bad lately. do you blame him or the long snapper? or the holder? :scratch:

OpIv37
11-30-2003, 04:44 PM
I've never been impressed with Lindell's kickoffs. As far as the guys on that list- I DON'T want Christie back. Don't get me wrong- he had several great years in Buffalo, which is probably the toughest place to kick in the NFL. But at the end of his tenure here all his distance was gone, and that was at least two years ago (possibly longer- I don't remember at the moment).

Lindell's not the greatest but he's not the worst- there's other issues this team needs to address before spending millions on a FA kicker.

Michael82
11-30-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
I've never been impressed with Lindell's kickoffs. As far as the guys on that list- I DON'T want Christie back. Don't get me wrong- he had several great years in Buffalo, which is probably the toughest place to kick in the NFL. But at the end of his tenure here all his distance was gone, and that was at least two years ago (possibly longer- I don't remember at the moment).

Lindell's not the greatest but he's not the worst- there's other issues this team needs to address before spending millions on a FA kicker.

Maybe it is time to finally draft a kicker in the later rounds. :D

The Spaz
11-30-2003, 05:58 PM
Were with Lindell for the long haul. We signed him for what, 3 or 4 years? We may not like him but he's here.

TigerJ
11-30-2003, 10:42 PM
It's all about the bonus. What was Lindell's? If it was big, the cap hit would be unpleasant. If it was modest, he could be released without much of a problem.

Dozerdog
12-01-2003, 12:46 AM
I think you want change just for the sake of change.

There are only 5-6 elite kickers in the league- and a dozen has-beens. the rest are pretty much interchangeable.

Vanderjact has pulled off some miracle kicks in some crazy conditions. . He'd be my guy if cap & money were not an object.

EM Bills Fan 80
12-01-2003, 01:29 AM
If Lindell was to be released, My first choice would be Stover. I dont see him leaving Baltimore though. Next would be Feely, followed by Bill Gramatica

saviorbledsoe
12-01-2003, 06:15 AM
Let Moorman kickoff

The_Philster
12-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Let Moorman kickoff

I've been wondering why they haven't been doing that all along. :scratch: Sure he wasn't super at it in 2001 but he was OK at it...and that was coming off an NFL Europe season. At the very least, could it hurt to try?