PDA

View Full Version : Man does that make me wonder....

Michael82
11-30-2003, 06:36 PM
The Chiefs were winning the game by 11 points and had covered the spread of -7. All they had to do was stop the Chargers from going down the field with 1:08 to go. Doug Flutie takes the team down the field and throws an 18-yard TD pass with 4 seconds to go. Chargers kick the extra point and have now beaten the spread. Chargers lose 28-24. This is the kind of thing that really makes me wonder about the NFL. i mean, come on....They had the game and the Chargers had no timeouts left. San Diego had to go 84 yards down the field with 1:08 and did it! :shakeno:

:madfire:

BillsFever
11-30-2003, 06:37 PM
You just never know.

Michael82
11-30-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
You just never know.

Yeah, but that isn't the 1st time that something like this happened. I know it probably isn't fixed...but sometimes it feels like it. :scared:

Tatonka
11-30-2003, 08:04 PM
why do you think the lights in vegas shine so bright?

Dozerdog
11-30-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
The Chiefs were winning the game by 11 points and had covered the spread of -7. All they had to do was stop the Chargers from going down the field with 1:08 to go. Doug Flutie takes the team down the field and throws an 18-yard TD pass with 4 seconds to go. Chargers kick the extra point and have now beaten the spread. Chargers lose 28-24. This is the kind of thing that really makes me wonder about the NFL. i mean, come on....They had the game and the Chargers had no timeouts left. San Diego had to go 84 yards down the field with 1:08 and did it! :shakeno:

:madfire:

Let's put your behind on that field. The game is all but over. You are thinking about the hot tub, your sore muscles, and just getting out of there without injury. Do you give a crap what the spread is or what covers? All you want is the W.

Think of it this way, Mikey- it's 7 hours and 57 minutes into an 8 hour shift at Wegmans. They told you to go dust the soup cans in aisle 12. You got most of them dusted except the split pea and the chicken noodle.

Are you going to worry if a half dozen cans go dusty? Do you care (or even know) the cashiers had placed bets on the over/under on cans you would dust off at 500, and you stopped at 498?

I doubt it. You just want to go home and sleep in.

If you can't afford to lose your wagers, then don't bet- or whine aboiut it.

Michael82
12-01-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
If you can't afford to lose your wagers, then don't bet- or whine aboiut it.

Get off my back! :mad: I was just messing around! Man, don't you have a sense of humor anymore? :shakeno:

You jump on me with every chance you have. :rolleyes:

Michael82
12-01-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
why do you think the lights in vegas shine so bright?

:lol:

Dozerdog
12-01-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Get off my back! :mad: I was just messing around! Man, don't you have a sense of humor anymore? :shakeno:

You jump on me with every chance you have. :rolleyes:

It's not you Mike- I jump on anyone who comes up with these ridiculous "conspiracy" theories.

People who can't accept the rational obvious reasons why stuff happends always come up with these silly theories why teams don't cover, or why teams lose important games, why players drop interceptions, why refs blow calls, tanking games for draft position.

Gamblers who lose are the head of the list. Of all sports, the NFL security department are like Nazi's when it comes to protecting their integrity. The NFL is a multi-BILLION dollar indusrty - one of the biggest in the nation (especially in the category of entertainment) and they won't allow some schmucks ruin it. Hell, they came damn close to tossing their biggest stars in the league in the 19060's- Hornung, Karas, & Namath- for either gambling /associating with- gamblers

Michael82
12-01-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
It's not you Mike- I jump on anyone who comes up with these ridiculous "conspiracy" theories.

People who can't accept the rational obvious reasons why stuff happends always come up with these silly theories why teams don't cover, or why teams lose important games, why players drop interceptions, why refs blow calls, tanking games for draft position.

Gamblers who lose are the head of the list. Of all sports, the NFL security department are like Nazi's when it comes to protecting their integrity. The NFL is a multi-BILLION dollar indusrty - one of the biggest in the nation (especially in the category of entertainment) and they won't allow some schmucks ruin it. Hell, they came damn close to tossing their biggest stars in the league in the 19060's- Hornung, Karas, & Namath- for either gambling /associating with- gamblers

Joe Namath? Really? I didn't know that. Hmmm. I know what you mean about the conspiracy theories. :D i was just a little pissed off that I was almost winning, but Flutie takes it 84 yards down the field for the TD. :mad: Oh well...there's always next week! :D

Dozerdog
12-01-2003, 09:06 AM
in 1969 Namath owned a bar /restauraunt in Manhattan and some of the folks who frequented the club were known gamblers.

The NFL put a gun to his head and told him it was his career in football or the bar. This after he won the super bowl!!! Namath being a rebel quit the NFL that summer- 45 days. he then caved in and dumped the bar.

Paul Hornung and Alex Karras, two of the biggest stars in the league in the early 1960's- were suspended 1 year (1963 I think) for admitting to gambling with bookies (not on their own teams)

http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/1969/0616_large.jpg