PDA

View Full Version : Tie Breakers

chubluv
11-30-2003, 07:08 PM
I need to set up tie breakers in my one league I run. There could be 3 teams tied for the last 2 playoff spots. They are in different divisons, but they have played each other twice each.

So my real ? is can I still use head 2 head as the first tie breaker ?And if not what do you think a good option would be?

I'm thinking point differental in the head 2 head games, points scored in the head 2 head games or points overall scored for the year.

Thanks for the help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BillsFever
11-30-2003, 07:22 PM
I'd go with overall points not just by matchup. Anybody can get lucky in any given week. Total points is the only true TB IMHO.

chubluv
11-30-2003, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the advise

Dozerdog
11-30-2003, 11:20 PM
Most FFL's use points to determine tie breaks.

Another option is to do it "Deer Hunter" style. Get the tied owners around a table, put one in the chamber, spin, and pass it around....the loser...well...you get hte idea

Gunzlingr
12-01-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Most FFL's use points to determine tie breaks.

Another option is to do it "Deer Hunter" style. Get the tied owners around a table, put one in the chamber, spin, and pass it around....the loser...well...you get hte idea

That worked in our league last year. The bullet riccoched killing all but one guy. Then we had our man!

clumping platelets
12-02-2003, 09:58 AM
:couch: