• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alluro
    You Don't Stand a Chance !
    • Jul 2002

status quo: Bledsoe at his best when the games mean jack

This bites...We are going to fall out of the Winslow sweepstakes here soon if we aren't careful. we are going to finish just good enough to not get an impact player in the draft and yet still not do anything on the season. damn it....damn it ! damn it ! damn it !....we are cursed
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Good God...can't you just enjoy a win? Besides, anyone who pays any attention to the NFL knows that high draft picks guarantee you only one thing...a heavy contract.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• helmetguy
      Touch the helmet for luck
      • Sep 2002

Winslow sweepstakes? HUH? If he's the "prize" I'll be much happier with the consolation!
      Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
      And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• fushetti
        President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
        • Feb 2003

Alluro, save it. I can say the same about Gregg Williams and Kevin Gilbrides coaching styles when it means jack. As many of us have said all along, when Bledsoe is given time, he rips teams to shreds. Evidenced today.
        "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
        Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

what is to enjoy really about the win though?.. it is about 2 weeks too late.. i did a hell of alot more flipping today during the game watching my fantasy teams and tracking bets because bledsoe eliminated us from the playoffs already.. i could give a crap what he does now.. he has a long way to go, even against **** competition, just to get his tds above his turnovers..

all i can do from todays game is be happy about the way that some players played that will be around next year when we try again.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mad Bomber
            • Jul 2002

Re: status quo: Bledsoe at his best when the games mean jack

Originally posted by Alluro
            This bites...We are going to fall out of the Winslow sweepstakes here soon if we aren't careful. we are going to finish just good enough to not get an impact player in the draft and yet still not do anything on the season. damn it....damn it ! damn it ! damn it !....we are cursed
            Holy S***! Complaining about a win?????????????????????? Give me a break!!! Hey HelmetGuy, if you're running out of places to stash the bodies, I've got an acre of virgin ground, and we can start with Alluro!

Comment

• helmetguy
              Touch the helmet for luck
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
              Hey HelmetGuy, if you're running out of places to stash the bodies, I've got an acre of virgin ground, and we can start with Alluro!
              Bomber to the rescue! I was wondering if anything would open up for KG and GW when it's "their turn." Thanx, Bud!
              Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
              And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Tatonka!
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                  Expert on Experts
                  • Jul 2002

if we draft kellen winslow i will cry. THe guy is overrated. Plus I want football players, not "soldiers."

Comment

• BillsFever
                    Mr. Predictament
                    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    what is to enjoy really about the win though?.. it is about 2 weeks too late.. i did a hell of alot more flipping today during the game watching my fantasy teams and tracking bets because bledsoe eliminated us from the playoffs already.. i could give a crap what he does now.. he has a long way to go, even against **** competition, just to get his tds above his turnovers..

all i can do from todays game is be happy about the way that some players played that will be around next year when we try again.

My thoughts exactly

Comment

• BillsFever
                      Mr. Predictament
                      • Feb 2003

I'd rather be 5-11 and get a Top 10 pick then 6-10 and getting the 15th pick.

I see us winning one more game. We don't have a chance against the Pats or Tenn. We'll win one between the Jets and Dolphins. I don't see us winning both of them.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Geesh..... Let's tank the season- then waste the pick on a TE -

Ridiculous.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever
                          I'd rather be 5-11 and get a Top 10 pick then 6-10 and getting the 15th pick.
                          I'd rather beat the Dolphins- because the are the Dolphins.

I could give a crap if it means we slip 3 draft spots. i watch football because I have a rooting interest. if I have no interest- I might as well as watch Ice capades or chess.

Losing for the sake of draft position? Maybe if we are 1-15 going up against a 2-14 team and a Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky is at stake

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

I just can't follow the twisted logic-

"I want to win- but to accomplish this- I want to lose, so later, I can win"

How about, we just work harder? You guys act like a lower draft pick is some sort of short cut or charity to a super bowl.

Look at the last 10 or so Super Bowl winners. How many did it because they stunk so bad they drafted a wonder-player high? Once you start losing for the sake of losing, you become the Arizona Cardinals. Look at the Bengals- they are barely over .500 and they are dancing in the streets. Losing became such a mind set it became natural to them.

Losing is a very difficult habit to break. Winning games now build the confidence and maturity of this team- let's not forget that there is a large portion of this roster that has never been on a winning NFL team. Let's teach them how to win now so they can win later.

Comment

• BillsFever
                              Mr. Predictament
                              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Losing for the sake of draft position? Maybe if we are 1-15 going up against a 2-14 team and a Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky is at stake
                              That's how I felt a couple years ago when we played the Panthers at home. If we would've lost that game we could've had Julius Peppers or even Joey Harrington. I'm not sold on Harrington yet but Peppers will be a stud for years if he can beat the piss man.

We could've found a RT in the later rounds. I would've loved to see Peppers on our line. AVP just had to make a comeback and win the game.

It almost seemed like the Panthers tanked the 2nd half. They played so bad it looked liked they gave it away. Instead we've spent 3 2nd round picks on DE's. Schobel is ok but Denny has shown nothing. Kelsay hasn't sniffed the field enough to know about him yet.

Peppers and two of them 2nd round picks would've been a lot better then what we have now. Nothing you can do about it now.

Comment

Working...
                              X