PDA

View Full Version : What about Magahee?

SoCalBillsFan
11-30-2003, 11:51 PM
WEll, the season is essentially over. Eventually magahee is gonna get to play. How are we gonna resolve this running back situation? Look at how Henry is playing, cracked fibula and all. The guy is playing with the most heart of anyone right now. He's cut back on the fumbling big time (knock on wood). Why should he lose his spot?

Dozerdog
12-01-2003, 12:03 AM
Who says he will?

Next Season both will be healthy- and Both should get a huge dosage of the ball. Henry is proving right now that McG was a great pick- When Henry got knocked out- we had no sufficient back up. Now we have a two fisted attack.

Brian Griese Rulz
12-01-2003, 12:06 AM
The better Henry plays the higher the Draft Pick we can get for him. This team needs a stud DE. And a CB since AW will most likely be gone.

BillsFever
12-01-2003, 12:09 AM
I doubt McGahee will sniff the field this year. If he does it will be very few carries.

Keep Henry and MaGahee next year. Keep Henry as the starter unless McGahee is playing to good to keep on the bench.

Run Henry about 20-25 times and give MaGahee about 10 carries to start the season off. If McGahee shows he is the gamebreaker he was touted to be then increase his role and use the two of them to our benefit.

If MaGahee looks like the man then trade Henry after next season. Donahoe didn't draft him for nothing. He's gonna get a shot.

I wouldn't even be surprised to see TD use a 3rd round pick on a RB in this years draft if one slips. Incorporate another good back as a backup plan. If we traded Henry and MaGahee didn't cut it or got injured then we could have somebody else to step in and take his place.

Groom that RB and either keep him as a backup to McGahee after Henry is dealt away. If MaGahee didn't pan out then maybe he could be the starter.

Henry and MaGahee aren't both gonna be here for more then 1 year. We're gonna need a RB when we trade MaGahee or Henry after next year. You can never have enough good RB's.

STAMPY
12-01-2003, 01:10 PM
i like travis, i rather trade mgahee i don't care if i never seen him play... travis plays hard and is a barry sanders type back, not saying he's equal to him just his style

STAMPY
12-01-2003, 01:11 PM
i believe there should be more loyalty in sports, call me crazy

justasportsfan
12-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
When Henry got knocked out- we had no sufficient back up. Now we have a two fisted attack.

I beg to differ. Morris and Burns could thrive w/ any other team that wants to run the ball. We have depth but no coaches.

Teams are running well w/ their 2nd and 3rd rb because they have a running system.

TigerJ
12-01-2003, 02:47 PM
Assuming McGahee gets little if any playing time in the remaining four games, I think Buffalo has to plan on carrying both next year. The cost really isn't an issue. TH has some trade value, but McGahee has to be regarded as a question mark. Next summer and fall, I think it is the very pinnacle of idiocy to judge McGahee on the basis of TH's play this fall, in particular his toughness to play through injury. The Bills should let them compete, and the better back ought to get more playing time. If McGahee proves to be the kind of RB the Bills thought he could be when they drafted him, I don't think there is any question. They will keep him and trade TH. It's nothing against TH. McGahee just has more tools. You've got to do what's best for the team.

STAMPY
12-01-2003, 03:29 PM
what are these tools?

ublinkwescore
12-01-2003, 03:37 PM
The ability to break one for instance?

Valerie
12-01-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE i believe there should be more loyalty in sports, call me crazy
I don't think you're crazy for saying that, BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE. I agree with you! :) I hate how players move from team to team in search of the biggest pay check.:$: It's all about money and not loyalty. Even coaches float around from team to team. I hate it too!

Valerie
12-01-2003, 03:47 PM
And, I still think Magahee was a stupid first round pick.

BAM
12-01-2003, 03:55 PM
McGahee will make a great third down back for the next couple seasons :up: Don't look for him to unseat Henry anytime soon, this guy is too much of a workhorse.

TedMock
12-01-2003, 03:56 PM
I love Henry, the guy's a warrior. I also know that if McGahee comes back healthy he's a game breaker. He's not a small back like some people think, he's a big boy who breaks tackles with sick speed. His speed is the biggest tool that Henry lacks. Henry broke one yesterday for 32 yards before being caught and I loved it. With McGahee, he's not getting caught and it's a TD. Now, he may not ever come back to that form. Good news is that we have them both next season. It doesn't hurt to have two quality RB's, it's not like a QB controversy. So let's hope we have a run oriented coach next year and we can all sit back and enjoy what may be the best rushing backfield in the NFL.

caveboy
12-01-2003, 04:03 PM
The wild card here is who's coaching and who's OC next year. If we get a guy in here that loves to run, then we're set. Dreaming herem but imagine a double dose of TH or WM. Defenses would get worn down. But in the past, we've also had a glut at the FB/RB position, only to see the Bills NOT commit to the run. Bryson/Morris/A.Smith comes to mind.

But if Magahee ever realizes his 'potential' (nod to RJ), then I'd think we'd all agree he would make a more exciting back than TH. TH seems more like a drive-into-the-line power back. The little I''ve seen of Magahee makes me think he might resemble B. Sanders more. Not too mention, what team in recent memory has two stellar backs. Someone might have to go.

As far as drafting another RB, oh man, don't know about that. Rather build the O-line through the draft first. We have enough weapons behind the line – just need more ON the line.

DraftBoy
12-01-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
i like travis, i rather trade mgahee i don't care if i never seen him play... travis plays hard and is a barry sanders type back, not saying he's equal to him just his style

Barry Sanders type?? I remeber Barry dancing alot more and juking people out of their shoes and breaking ankles, not just lowering his head and running your ass over. Granted I love his style and I got nothing against Henry but if Willis returns to form, he will be our starter here for a long time. If you wanna see the way a team deals with a big time RB and a 1st round pick look at ATL. They got Dunn and Duckett. Id consider McG to be more like Dunn and Duckett to be like Henry it took a few weeks to figure out how to use them correctly but they did and now Dunn is done for the season but no big deal since they go TJ. Its good to now worry about our RB situation anymore.

HenryRules
12-01-2003, 06:10 PM
I agree with W26 ... Henry is more in the Emmitt Smith mould than Barry Sanders. Personally, I think Henry/Smith are the anti-Sanders, which is one reason I love them - Sanders was talented, but probably the only person in history who can be successful with that style.

Sanders could juke and dance, but due to his dancing, he also got caught in the backfield for a lot of negative plays. Henry, when used properly, rams right up to the line and seldom (last game being the exception that proves the rule) gets caught for negative plays - but doesn't break the big ones as often as Sanders.

Jeff1220
12-01-2003, 06:36 PM
Henry doesn't smash it up through as much as he just seems to make tacklers slip off of him (due to his nice stiff arm and strength). McGahee, in college, had more finesse that TH, but is BY NO MEANS, a finesse back. He has size, speed and shiftiness. They are quite different, but if they can play nicely together, the Bills could have a very special backfield next year.

DraftBoy
12-01-2003, 07:10 PM
Well said Jeff, I concur 100%

helmetguy
12-01-2003, 08:04 PM
Besides, McGahee adds the outlet pass catching ability that Henry doesn't seem to have. At least, that's what his college career looked like.