PDA

View Full Version : It's draft day and the clock is ticking

BillsFever
12-01-2003, 12:22 AM
Detroit calls you up on the phone. They figure they already have 2 ex-Bills RB's that suck, they midas well get the good one this time.

They offer you their Top 5 pick for Travis Henry and your lower 3rd round pick. Do you make the trade?

Dozerdog
12-01-2003, 12:37 AM
Nope - Throw in Shawn Bryson and I'll think about it :snicker:

BillsFever
12-01-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Nope - Throw in Shawn Bryson and I'll think about it :snicker:

:lol:

XNOUGHT
12-01-2003, 01:15 AM
Detroit would NEVER do it.

SABURZFAN
12-01-2003, 02:44 AM
why would we give up a 1000 yard rusher AND a 3rd rounder for a top 5?

The_Philster
12-01-2003, 03:06 AM
Not a chance. McGahee hasn't proven squat in the NFL and all drafting a top 5 pick gets you is the ability to pay a higher salary.

R. Rich
12-01-2003, 06:36 AM
If we do make a trade in the first, I think we should trade DOWN like we did the year we got Clements and Henry. Getting a lower first and an additional 2nd rounder would be real nice.

Patrick76777
12-01-2003, 08:31 AM
I'd give them Willis!

THATHURMANATOR
12-01-2003, 08:33 AM
No way

Brian Griese Rulz
12-01-2003, 08:41 AM
If Detroit is stupid enough to offer a top 5 and a 3rd rounder for Henry, Donahoe would be nuts not to take it.

Michael82
12-01-2003, 09:01 AM
Hell no! We currently have one of the grittiest, toughest players in the league and once he gets 30 more yards...he will have back to back 1,000 yard seasons and is a top notch RB. He will always fight for the yards and would be a great 1,2 punch with McGahee next year. We don't know what McGahee looks like yet and can not trust him to take the full workload until we see him. Again, why trade your 2nd best offensive player on the team? :scratch:

DraftBoy
12-01-2003, 09:15 AM
Nope, not willing to trade the loan brightspot on offense.

Dozerdog
12-01-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever
Detroit calls you up on the phone. They figure they already have 2 ex-Bills RB's that suck, they midas well get the good one this time.

They offer you their Top 5 pick for Travis Henry and your lower 3rd round pick. Do you make the trade?

Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
If Detroit is stupid enough to offer a top 5 and a 3rd rounder for Henry, Donahoe would be nuts not to take it.

BGR- We give up TH AND the 3rd rounder for the top 5 pick - no way

Moulds80
12-01-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever

My question to you is what kind of a tool would you be if you took that one? For the whole season I've read that Travis Henry needs to be traded...Willis McGahee is the future...blah blah ****ing blah and now I'm sick of it.

Travis Henry is the only piece of brightness this offense can call their own. The guy is a machine. He is going to have back to back 1,000 yard seasons, sat out some games this year because of bad ribs and a cracked fibula (or bruised...can't remember which) and STILL wants to play. I know alot of people who would just throw in the towel after having two of those injuries in the same year. I played with cracked ribs, they hurt, but Henry kept plugging out there and you are willing to trade him for a top 5 pick? Are you crazy!?! Henry is a proven NFL running back, and if the Bills were stupid enough to trade him then I hope it bites them in the ass. The guy is only in his 3rd year and two of those years have been over 1,000 yards (providing he can gain 30 in 4 games). His fumblings has stopped (has only fumbled 3 times this year...lost 0). You trade Travis Henry and McGahee fails...then what? You traded a proven NFL running back who has only had 3 years under his belt for a top 5 draft pick and a chance to see a 2nd year player, who hasnt even played a game yet, start as your running back? Pathetic. If Detriot ever called me up and proposed that, I would fly to Detroit and punch their GM in the face for having such disrespect and offering such a ****ty trade. I wipe my hands clean with you kind sir...:peace:

yle
12-01-2003, 10:17 AM
No way. Winning teams need a solid backup RB, which we do not have. I would definitely keep them both for the year and figure it out later.

Dozerdog
12-01-2003, 11:27 AM
I'd trade McG or Henry for Charlie Rogers straght up

The Spaz
12-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I'd trade McG or Henry for Charlie Rogers straght up

Charlie Rodgers or Charles Rodgers?:sumo: :snicker: :lol:

The_Philster
12-01-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Charlie Rodgers or Charles Rodgers?:sumo: :snicker: :lol:

I'd say it's likely he meant Charles Rodgers...the Detroit WR. Our former KR was re-signed by the Fish last week after being cut earlier in the month.