PDA

View Full Version : Nate Clements

Billsbabee
12-01-2003, 07:29 AM
the guy just plains scares me on returns. No more for him please!

caveboy
12-01-2003, 07:53 AM
I might agree that he may not be the guy, but only because he doesn't seem to make much yardage on return, not for fumbling. He had one miscue that I saw, but otherwise seemed to be able to handle catches in heavy traffic.

I prefer him to Brown's 'amazing speed'. Brown dances around like his first name is James and ends up netting only 5 yards.

Let's put Morris in next week.

Billsbabee
12-01-2003, 08:02 AM
Agreed, let's try Morris. He's done it before for us and something tells me he'd be the better bet. Clements doesn't scare me for anything in particular that he did yesterday, I just feel he's more of a gambler and we can't afford gambles in those situations. Mr. Amazing Speed does nothing for me either.

DraftBoy
12-01-2003, 09:19 AM
Brown is avg 4.4 yds per return from his 25 returns and Clements is avg. 4.0 on his 5 returns. I agree its time to make a switch and I suggest Terrence McGee he hasnt returned any punts all season and is avg. 20.0 per kick return. Or Morris who is avg. 28.5 per kick return but only has returned 4 kicks.

STAMPY
12-01-2003, 03:59 PM
i like mr speed antonio brown, give him some more time, he's still a rookie

BAM
12-01-2003, 04:04 PM
McGee looks just as fast as A.B.

DraftBoy
12-01-2003, 04:06 PM
Actually hes not even close to the same speed. McGee never broke a 4.35 40, while Brown ran a 4.28. Also Brown is not a rookie he has a year of exp under his belt. Granted its his first year as a starter, and Im very happy with his KO returns. He needs time for PR, maybe we should give McGee some time back there too, while hes not as fast he seems to be able to avoid people better.

caveboy
12-01-2003, 04:11 PM
Speed is great and all, Brown has shown it in flashes, but it seems like too many times he runs east-west and gives coverage teams time to surround him.

saviorbledsoe
12-01-2003, 04:44 PM
I think its the unit that isnt giving A.Brown that 2 seconds to get going vertically and burn some people. If they give him the initial blocking I think he could be a Dante Hall for us.

juice
12-02-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Actually hes not even close to the same speed. McGee never broke a 4.35 40, while Brown ran a 4.28. Also Brown is not a rookie he has a year of exp under his belt. Granted its his first year as a starter, and Im very happy with his KO returns. He needs time for PR, maybe we should give McGee some time back there too, while hes not as fast he seems to be able to avoid people better.

Thats pretty damn close, Blazing speed is blazing speed, but initially punt returns are vision then the speed kicks in after the returner has found the lane. Brown maybe lacks the vision. ACC

juice
12-02-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Billsbabee
the guy just plains scares me on returns. No more for him please!

What if he gets hurt? A blown out knee could be a long term headache. ACC

DraftBoy
12-02-2003, 04:08 PM
Vision is one thing, blocking is another. Again we arent coached and we dont have film of the blocking schemes so we are left here to guess at why our PR sucks. It seems to me that he has the vision b.c hes not to shabby as a KR. Granted he hasnt broke one yet but everytime he touches it I get the feeling he could take it coast to coast.

The Spaz
12-02-2003, 04:10 PM
Vision is one thing, blocking is another. Again we arent coached and we dont have film of the blocking schemes so we are left here to guess at why our PR sucks. It seems to me that he has the vision b.c hes not to shabby as a KR. Granted he hasnt broke one yet but everytime he touches it I get the feeling he could take it coast to coast.

Yeah Brown had something like a 45 or so yard KR last week but it was called back for holding!:mad:

HenryRules
12-02-2003, 09:28 PM

Agree completely. We've had how many different punt returners in the last few years? All have been supposed to be good until they come here. There's never anywhere for our returners to go.

With our blocking, I really don't mind our returner running east-west instead of north-south. It's our only chance of breaking a big one and I'd rather take the chance of hainvg one or two game-changing returns in a season than gaining an extra yard or two on each return.

Turf
12-02-2003, 10:25 PM
I'm suprised Shaw nevered returned a punt. He was brought in with that idea. Of course nothing suprises me anymore with this bunch of bumbling coaches.

Stewie
12-03-2003, 11:42 AM
We need shaw too much as a 3rd wr... if he got injured we'd be even more SOL with our wideout corp