Interesting thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Interesting thought

During the Rams game, they brought up this interesting point on the QB situation.

Bulger is an RFA- If the Rams tender him- he will get $1.9 million- if another team matches then they will be compensated with a 1st and 3rd round pick.

Warner is signed to a large deal, but they made the point that the Rams are willing (even if Warner isn't) of bringing both back. Warner wants to be a #1, but he's not the type who will create issues if he is brought back.

Now it's fairly obvious the Rams will peddle him for picks in the offseason- but unlike the Bledsoe situation in NE, the Rams don't feel the need to unload him.Also, as long as Warner is on the roster, they won't sign Bulger to a huge deal- like the Pats did with Tom Brady. They can't afford it.

I'm thinking a team might hijack Bulger instead. Do what Washington did to the Jets with Morton & Coles, give up a draft pick and sign the guy. In this deep draft, is Bulger worth it?

If the Bills were picking much higher, I'd give it some consideration. If I'm the Green Bay Packers looking to replace a retiting Favre, I'd do it as well.

As far as the Bills go, I'm not sold on giving up that much in this rich draft to do that
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

No way. The Rams will keep Bulger and cut or trade Warner. Kurt is a scrub, but winning MVP's will get him a job somewhere.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Fairway To Green
      • Jul 2002

I'm not sold on Bulger yet. He had a ton of ints and thats playing half his games in a dome and playing with great WR's and a very good OL.

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

not sold on Bulgar either, but would hijack him in a heartbeat. same with Warner.
        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

I'd take either over Bledsoe for sure but I would not want to give up a #1 pick for either of them.

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

Bulgar's tough to read. has a good Oline and the best receiver in the league. not sure how much of a leader he is, or if he could adapt to other offensive schemes and still be as proficient. still would take him, and would consider giving up a #1 draft.
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

CIN has a situation coming up.

Kitna has certainly had a fine year. 1st pick Carson Palmer hasn't had a snap all year. He was elevated to #2 qb for a few games, replacing Shane Matthews (who also has seen zero playing time...all snaps this year have been Kitna's).

Matthews came over from the 'Skins, where he was subjected to Spurrier's quarterback merry-go-round.

Now, I'm not saying that Kitna or Matthews are going to be bounced in some fashion. But I suspect that Mr. Potatoe Head (owner Mike Brown) is not happy that Palmer isn't playing yet. thru the years, he's always insisted that the 1st rounders play whether or not they're ready. Like David Klingler and Akili Smith.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

I think the Bills should grab Bulger a.s.a.p. if they can. With AVP leaving, and the other two...ah nevamind!
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                X