PDA

View Full Version : Callahan will be available

Tatonka
12-01-2003, 07:07 PM
i personally like bill callahan.. he friggen blew up yesterday in his press confrence..

much like the classic jim mora quote "PLAYOFFS!.. YOUR TALKING ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS!?!?!"

callahan said "We've got to be the dumbest team in America in terms of playing the game. I'm highly critical because of the way we give games away -- we give 'em away! Period. It's embarrassing, and I represent that. And I apologize for that.

"If that's the best we can do, it's a sad product."

i thought it was good to see a coach call a spade a spade.. unfortunately for him, Al Davis's two favorite players, tim brown and charles woodson, who were already having issues with the coach, are coming out to the media and saying they wont stand for that.. it will end up costing the guy his job..

thing is.. a coach like Parcells has said the SAME THING at least 10 different times, but he is the great Parcells, so he will never be challenged for saying such things..

i would like to have a guy like him here and wouldnt be unhappy with him as the head coach.

DraftBoy
12-01-2003, 07:09 PM
A little fire would be nice, I think he or Lovie Smith could do a great job here. Though I think we will go with somebody new or from the college ranks.

STAMPY
12-01-2003, 07:34 PM
are u kidding me, callahan sucks, his players got no respect for him. that team was built by gruden

The Spaz
12-01-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
are u kidding me, callahan sucks, his players got no respect for him. that team was built by gruden
The only one you hear running his mouth is loud mouth Charles Woodson who obviously wants out of Oakland anyway.

Tatonka
12-01-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
The only one you hear running his mouth is loud mouth Charles Woodson who obviously wants out of Oakland anyway.

exactly.. and callahan is not in a position to run that team anyway.. the owner ran off jon gruden, and he will end up firing another good coach this year because he is too scared to upset a loudmouth cornerback who has been overrated his whole career.

Tatonka
12-01-2003, 08:11 PM
a coach needs the backing of the owner and the gm.. callahan has gotten none of that.. it could have been squashed with the players had the upper level guys backed him.. but that is the way the raiders work...

Tatonka
12-01-2003, 08:13 PM
and on top of that.. to blame the raiders bad season on callahan is not accurate imho.. they have suffered NUMEROUS injuries to the best players on the team.. gannon, porter, and the defense has been torn up too..

Novacane
12-01-2003, 09:29 PM
May as well keep GW if they are going to hire Callahan. Same guy, just "experts" on differant sides of the ball.

I sure hope we don't get him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cordog
12-01-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
May as well keep GW if they are going to hire Callahan. Same guy, just "experts" on differant sides of the ball.

I sure hope we don't get him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats like comparing apples and oranges. Callahan took his team to the Super Bowl last year. You can say Gruden built it and what not, but he did get them there, something Gruden didnt do with the Raiders and Callahan did it as a rookie HC. You can say the players dont respect him and everything, but those same players were *****ing the same way about Gruden after he left.

cordog
12-01-2003, 11:38 PM
and its nice to see a HC speak his mind instead of just saying "we didnt execute".

Al Davis is the same jackass that fired Shanahan too, and look what he did

Tatonka
12-01-2003, 11:40 PM
yeah.. al davis let shanahan and gruden both go.. so his "evaluation" of talent at the coaching position really means, in the words of the great jim mora, "diddly poo"

cordog
12-02-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
yeah.. al davis let shanahan and gruden both go.. so his "evaluation" of talent at the coaching position really means, in the words of the great jim mora, "diddly poo"

his "evaluation" of coaching talent let 3 super bowls walk out the door.

SoCalBillsFan
12-02-2003, 01:37 AM
Callahan can run an offense. I'm all for it.

Historian
12-02-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i would like to have a guy like him here and wouldnt be unhappy with him as the head coach.

That's interesting Tatonka, as last year, Larry Felser felt the Bucs had hired the wrong guy, that being Gruden...as opposed to Callahan, who was the "hot" assistant. He compared the move to the Bills hiring John Rauch (Coach of the Raiders SB 2 team) as opposed to hiring the "hot" young assistant at the time....Jonh Madden.

Just an observation. I don't personally know much about him, other than that his Raiders kicked out butts last year.