PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding the Bills - The Draft- Rd 3

Dozerdog
12-01-2003, 08:22 PM
Last Poll!

After picking your coach, Spending $10 Million on your FA's, and Drafting for 2 rounds- time to finish off rebuilding the Bills with your round 3 pick.

The second day of the draft is a complete crap shoot- usually going after the best available players on the board.

Dozerdog
12-01-2003, 08:48 PM
So- what kind of team did you Build????

saviorbledsoe
12-01-2003, 08:57 PM
Rebuild???????? Come on! Try "tweak"

DraftBoy
12-01-2003, 09:00 PM
QB 3rd round-Josh Harris

HenryRules
12-01-2003, 09:10 PM
I go for a TE in round 3 ... I'd be happy with any of them and don't expect much next year from any either.

I think we have bigger needs in the first 2 rounds (middle OL and S), but am not a big fan of any of our TE's on the current roster (I think they're all about 25-35th best TE's in the league and hope for something better.

Dozerdog
12-01-2003, 09:24 PM
I went with a DT in round 2, hoping AJ Ricker - C Missouri falls to round 3. However, I wouldn't feel bad about Ricker in Rd 2

Tatonka
12-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Rivers.. or harris.. harris impressed me this week..

but rivers..

DraftBoy
12-01-2003, 10:58 PM
Harris impressed you this week wait till Thurs. night in the grudge match vs. Miami (OH). I fully expect Harris to stomp a mud hole in the Miami D.

The Spaz
12-01-2003, 11:14 PM
Well here's my scenario:

Coach-Kirk Ferentz

FA signings-Resign Winfield or get Champ Bailey, Sign Damien Woody, Matt Stinchcomb.

Our O-line would then be Mike Williams, Ruben Brown, Damien Woody, Jonas Jennings, Matt Stinchcomb:up:

Draft Rd.1-Sean Taylor

Draft Rd.2-Marcus Tubbs, Darnell Dockett

Draft Rd.3-Phillip Rivers.

This is my dream and wish at least half comes true particularly coach Kirk Ferentz and Sean Taylor!:beer::)

RedEyE
12-01-2003, 11:49 PM
Here's my team scenerio:

Coach: Dick LeBeau

FA: DE Jevon Kearse, WR Dennis Northcutt and C Jerry Fontenot

RD 1: CB Chris Gamble

RD 2: QB Casey Clausen

RD 3A & B: Best OL talent and Best DL talent

Tatonka
12-01-2003, 11:53 PM
http://205.134.177.140/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33286&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

my dream scenario

:D

Dozerdog
12-02-2003, 12:00 AM
I wound up with

Nick Saban

Winfield Resigns, get DE Wistrom, and eitherC- Woodey or a mid level talent at Guard like Villarial ,

Draft Sean Taylor, best available DT, and if Woodey gets away get Center AJ Ricker in Rd 3 - If it's Woodey who signs instead of Villariel, then we move Teague to guard then get a Rivers or Claussen in Rd 3

DraftBoy
12-02-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Here's my team scenerio:

Coach: Dick LeBeau

FA: DE Jevon Kearse, WR Dennis Northcutt and C Jerry Fontenot

RD 1: CB Chris Gamble

RD 2: QB Casey Clausen

RD 3A & B: Best OL talent and Best DL talent

Clausen in rd 2? No way in hell he goes before round 4! Hes a waste of a pick that early. Never has done anything really special or won the big game. Hes a gamer but nothing that makes you say wow. Sign Kears, I can see that f he takes a 4 million paycut. Northcutt is fast but do you really think he can beat out Reed or Shaw? Fontenot is a gimmy signing, kinda like a late in the game signing to at least grab somebody.

RedEyE
12-02-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Winfield_26

Clausen in rd 2? No way in hell he goes before round 4! Hes a waste of a pick that early. Never has done anything really special or won the big game. Hes a gamer but nothing that makes you say wow. Sign Kears, I can see that f he takes a 4 million paycut. Northcutt is fast but do you really think he can beat out Reed or Shaw? Fontenot is a gimmy signing, kinda like a late in the game signing to at least grab somebody.

You make your picks, I'll make mine.

ryven
12-02-2003, 07:48 AM
went with a QB here dont know who will be avalible but we need a QB to develop or we could pick up a center. but in the fourth I would go for a center.

SABURZFAN
12-02-2003, 08:17 AM
wasn't troupe in the round 2 poll?

R. Rich
12-02-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
So- what kind of team did you Build????

Coach: Nick Saban (tough choice over Walt Harris though).

Free Agents:

DE Eric Hicks
C Cory Withrow
WR Dennis Northcutt
CB Antoine Winfield (re-signed)

Draft:

1st: S Sean Taylor (Univ. of Miami)
2nd: G Stephen Peterman (LSU)
3rd: QB Phillip Rivers (NC State)

Not bad. I would hope that by taking Rivers, I don't lose G Chris Kemoeatu of Utah, who I have targeted at the third pick in most of my scenarios (we need guard talent AND depth!).

QB 3rd round-Josh Harris

Harris impressed you this week wait till Thurs. night in the grudge match vs. Miami (OH). I fully expect Harris to stomp a mud hole in the Miami D.

Bowling Green was crushed by Roethlisberger the last time. What's changed? I think it will be closer this time, but the Red Hawks (my brother's alma mater) will win.

HenryRules
12-02-2003, 06:48 PM
Missed the summary part for my choices:

Coach - TBD. I am not excited about hiring any of the candidates.
Free Agents - CB Vincent, DE Hicks, and WR Jackson
1st Round - S Taylor
2nd Round - G (either one)
3rd Round - TE (any of them).

Dozerdog
12-02-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
wasn't troupe in the round 2 poll?

Yes- there are a number of folks who appear more than once- because they could go in round 2- they could go in round 3.

Dozerdog
12-05-2003, 08:40 AM
Wow- with picks spread out by position in the first and second rounds- the overwelming choice here is QB- Phil Rivers to be specific. With FA picking up some OL, and possibly a pick in Rd 2, and Defensive help in FA and Rd 1, somewant to bring in a TE.

No defensive positions were picked.

R. Rich
12-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by R. Rich
Bowling Green was crushed by Roethlisberger the last time. What's changed? I think it will be closer this time, but the Red Hawks (my brother's alma mater) will win.

Big Ben tore up BG again! What a game; 440 yards with 250 or so in the first half? Wow.

Dozerdog
12-05-2003, 10:16 AM
I thinkwhomever drafts Josh Harris should get him to NFL Europe THIS YEAR.