PDA

View Full Version : Bills get a day off

The Spaz
12-02-2003, 10:08 AM
According to the Buffalo News the Buffalo Bills will receive an additional day off as reward for there performance against the "Mighty Giants"(sarcasm). Well I guess there goes that day to catch up on the Jets as they have a short week. I just can't beleive the Bills would get a day off for having 1 win in the last month. It's obvious this team as well as the coaching staff needs as much practice as anyone in the NFL but I guess the coaching staff is just proving our points right!:mad::chuk: :whip:

PS. This is total BS, fire them now!!!!!!!:chuk:

Ð
12-02-2003, 10:26 AM
I think the Player's association has Tuesdays written in as the standard day off for all NFL teams.

Late in the season, all teams need time to recover from injuries etc.. A team that was contending might consider doing film study, etc. before a key divisional game, but you would do more hurt to team morale than help to preparation by cancelling the day off for the Bills.

The Spaz
12-02-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Ð
I think the Player's association has Tuesdays written in as the standard day off for all NFL teams.

Late in the season, all teams need time to recover from injuries etc.. A team that was contending might consider doing film study, etc. before a key divisional game, but you would do more hurt to team morale than help to preparation by cancelling the day off for the Bills.

This is true but the way the buffal News puts it it was an addtional day off.:idunno:

Moulds80
12-02-2003, 10:29 AM
A day off in the NFL most likely means no practice, but I would bet they are watching films, going over gameplans and have team meetings, maybe even working out for the healthier players. Deep in the season, as D stated, most teams need a day off (or even two) to get healthier

The Spaz
12-02-2003, 10:31 AM
This team sucks period coaching staff and all and they get rewarded. That's just great I great I guess.

Moulds80
12-02-2003, 10:38 AM
Why not give them the day off? It isnt like we are playoff bound this year...

yle
12-02-2003, 10:43 AM
They gave them Monday off in addition to the usual Tuesday. With all the injuries they have, only a few guys would be practicing anyway.

RedEyE
12-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Exactly Yledust. The entire team seems to be nursing ailments. A couple days rest is just what the doctor ordered. Obviously there isn't any stress in the locker room about making the playoffs.

justasportsfan
12-02-2003, 12:37 PM
During that day off , Gilbride was seen trying to game plan via Maden 2003. :shakeno:

The Spaz
12-02-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
During that day off , Gilbride was seen trying to game plan via Maden 2003. :shakeno:

I wouldn't doubt it!:ape: :chuk: :scared:

The_Philster
12-02-2003, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by The Spaz
I wouldn't doubt it!:ape: :chuk: :scared:
The way I've seen some people talk, they think that would be a good thing. :cynic:

HenryRules
12-02-2003, 06:59 PM
My impression from reading the article was that a Monday off after a victory was something they had planned since the beginning of the season. If they've been consistent with it all year, I see no problem with that.

Plus, a lot of the team's problems lately have been confidence related (I think) ... giving them some time to relax could be helpful.

Dozerdog
12-02-2003, 07:09 PM

I think it was Madden 95'- even Madden 2003 makes adjustments

stuckincincy
12-02-2003, 07:23 PM
I think it's just a PR stunt by GW, to attempt gain a modicum of support from players in an atempt to save his pretty a**.

Far-fetched, yes. but a wild-card possibility still exists.