PDA

View Full Version : Brady League MVP?

juice
12-02-2003, 10:39 AM
If the Pats beat the Fins this week to clinch the AFC-East, he (BRADY) starts to look like the favorite and would probably get alot of votes from Bills fans. They look like the class of the AFC and might be the odds on favorite to win it all. Between KC,Tenn., and these guys I have to say BB has his guys sold more on the team concept. Brady MVP because he's the only star on his entire team, besides the coach. ACC BEASTS OF THE EAST

fabolouspaul
12-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Kitna MVP!
22 tds 9 ints 2811 yards

Brady
15 tds 12ints 2887 yards

Moulds80
12-02-2003, 10:48 AM
Tough call really. McNair is playing well as expected, Priest Holmes is running a much, Jamal Lewis is having a fantastic year, Trent Green has the KC Offense moving, Can't forget about Dante Hall even though he is a special teamer, Travis Henry may even be thrown into the mix, but that is a long shot. Brady however does look like the front runner for MVP because of th eleadership he brought to the Pats when everyone was dropping like flies. They are doing so much, and this without Colvin, their biggest offseason acquistion (sp?). Blast, I hate being in Pats country...:cynic:

Michael82
12-02-2003, 11:07 AM
Brady the MVP? :puke:

juice
12-02-2003, 12:19 PM
If Brady could play like a MVP this week and help the Bills stay alive I'd give him the vote of confidence for representing the AFC-East in the pro bowl as well as the MVP. ACC

Michael82
12-02-2003, 12:51 PM
He's pulled a lot of tricks out of the bag to win all these games...but he should NOT be considered an MVP this season. No WAY! What about the tough Pats defense that stepped it up when the players got injured? What about their top notch special teams? Brady barely won a few games this year and hasn't had great stats. I think Manning or McNair deserve it more.

STAMPY
12-02-2003, 12:54 PM
hell no... its simple AIR MCNAIR is the MVP... NE is the ugliest team in the league... the defense wins those games brady throws away too many ints. ITS SIMPLE STEVE MCNAIR!!!

STAMPY
12-02-2003, 12:55 PM
the guy is so under rated look watr hes done last 2 seasons

Jeff1220
12-02-2003, 01:49 PM
Ray Lewis should be considered as well. That guy is probably a bigger team leader than any other player in the NFL. The Ravens emulate Ray. That, and he makes huge plays all the time.

stuckincincy
12-02-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by fabolouspaul
Kitna MVP!
22 tds 9 ints 2811 yards

Brady
15 tds 12ints 2887 yards

Kitna...may well be. He's 2nd in td's, manning has 23.

Tossed nine in the last 4 games. Has a 7 win 2 loss record in the last nine games. B'gals lead the league in drives over 5 minutes, and lead in drives over 7 minutes.

Lewis should be coach-of-the-year.

Big keys for 'em:

New coach.

2nd rounder LG Eric Steinback. Who the bill's and others ignored. If he wasn't a lineman he would be Rookie of the year.

Heavy utilization of the TE's.

Wr's with glue pots for hands.

Deepest DL in the league.

Astute FA pick-ups by Lewis. DL's Thornton, Cleamons, Powell, LB Hardy, CB Tory James, plus kickers.

Dumped 24 from the 2002 squad.

Because of DL, blitz only 5 to 6 times a game.

Run run run...

Great play from former 2nd or 3rd rounder (I forget), FS/SS Mark Roman.

After 12 years of livin' here, I'm as surprised as anyone...
I picked 'em at 4-12...

TedMock
12-02-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
NE is the ugliest team in the league...

You got that right. We're much more handsome.

TedMock
12-02-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
Ray Lewis should be considered as well. That guy is probably a bigger team leader than any other player in the NFL. The Ravens emulate Ray. That, and he makes huge plays all the time.

Agreed. Everybody wants to give Billick so much credit anytime the Ravens play well. Truthfully, Ray Lewis is the guy that motivates the rest of that team. When they won the SB it was Ray Lewis and the defense along with an outstanding DC by the name of Marvin Lewis. Billick was the "offensive genius" brought in as HC. Well, we're still waiting for a great offense. Jamaal Lewis is an absolute beast but other than him the offense is less than frightening.

mybills
12-02-2003, 03:19 PM
The Patrilucks are not going to beat Miami.

caveboy
12-02-2003, 03:36 PM
I HATE THE PATRIOTS. Brady MVP? No way. Bellisuck should get any credit for NE's success. He's done far more with injured guys in their line-up IMO. Without his coaching, they'd be nowhere and Brady would end up looking like Drew.

I think Brady has less affect on his team than Favre does. Favre is carrying that team, has been for the past few years. That's an MVP. Not who has the best stats, but what player can you least do without that your team could NOT survive without.

Priest Holmes has great numbers, but I say he's more a part of Vermeil's system than the only component that makes it work.

;-]

N.E. – Average players, great coach.

Ray Lewis would've been a possible choice IMO for potential MVP, but let's see where they finish out first.