I just love the NFL network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I just love the NFL network

Reviewing the Calls- - Looking at the Moulds near-fumble

Eisen:

Speaking of knees, fascinating play in the New York Giants-Buffalo Bills game. Eric Moulds, on his knees, making a grab, and that's when a Giants player, a defender, comes in and nails him, dislodges the ball. The Giants recovered, thought they had a fumble, but it was not ruled a fumble. What happened there Mike?

Pereira:

Well, a lot of people here in New York thought that was a fumble. It was a big play. You know, it's the end of the first quarter, 0-0, so a momentum change here. Johnny Harris makes a good play here on Eric Moulds and you can see him hit Eric and the ball will come out. But the interesting rule here is that Moulds is down on the ground. Now he's still not down by contact, but here's the key. As soon as Johnny Harris touches him, play's over because his knees are on the ground. So therefore, no matter what happens after that, it's irrelevant, and it can't be a fumble.
  • Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

This is great- they do a segment each week where they sit down with a League official and they bring up the tough & controversial calls and ask for an explanation.

From what I've seen- the NFL has been quite frank, open, & honest in admitting blown calls. The Clock blunder in the Seattle-Baltimore game, and others. They even admit when they screw up.

Refreshing

They also have a greaty show on Sunday morning- where instead of giving the plain old highlights you have seen on ESPN, but they actually highlight the players that are projected to go in the draft.

Neat stuff!

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Quiet! I need satellite back in the worst way!:blowtop:

Comment

• Billsbabee

I haven't had much of a chance to check the network out and was wondering what the feedback was from people who have. Thanks for the info

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

I like the Hi Def game of the week. DirecTV plays it on HD channel 84 every Wed night!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology
            I like the Hi Def game of the week. DirecTV plays it on HD channel 84 every Wed night!
            That was just awesome. It's like a Super Bowl highlight film each week!

I know both the Pats and Colts have done miracles this season with injury-laden rosters.

Here is something I didn't know- and they pointed out . The Colts had a 1st and 1 with 45 seconds left. Two straight runs netted them zilch. Incomplete pass on 3rd, and then The Edge gets stuffed for the third time to end the game.

The reason?

Apparently- the Colts ran out of players!!! They had a back up TE inserted in at right guard because of injuries. Ted Washington collapsed the line hammering and filling the Center/Guard gap. Teddy must have had 80 -100 pound advantage on the poor bastard. If I was Dungy, maybe I would have put in one of my DT's in there and put beef on beef. One negative to that would be the threat of a false start- those O-Linemen have to be perfectly still- and DT's don't have to be.

Also, Willie McGintest was the main culprit in the final stop. He pointed out(and the NFL Films crew caught it) that Manning would pat his own ass as the check-off from a pass to a run- a signal to the RB's. McGintest spotted the signal and broke into the backfield- abandonong his TE responsibility.

In any event- It was one hell of a finish. One of the most entertaining games I've seen all season- ( I missed most of the Colt/Tampa MNF game- a close second)

Comment

Working...
            X