PDA

View Full Version : Call me a Bills Fan

IHateTheDullphins
12-03-2003, 12:35 PM
Call me a Bills fan
But I see a great point in winning the remaining games this season.

Winning might ensure Williams job, but Gillbride is gone. Do we want that? Hell Yes!

Short term sacrifice, long term gain.

Win now while the time is right.

Tank? No. Welcome losses? Hell No.

I said this in a post but this, IMO, is new-thread worthy.

Sorry, folks, but Winning is the only way I see the future being salvaged much faster.

zone
12-03-2003, 12:42 PM
:bf1:

mybills
12-03-2003, 01:16 PM
Bills fan! ;)

The Natrix
12-03-2003, 01:43 PM
:bf1:

yle
12-03-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

IHateTheDullphins
12-03-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by yledust

:evil:

You're on my Buddy list.:bigwave:

Rude American
12-03-2003, 02:05 PM
Only a moron would want Williams back. IHateTheDullphins want Williams back. Therefore IHateTheDullphins is a moron.

I win. But that's not really saying much since he's a little boy.

SABURZFAN
12-03-2003, 02:06 PM
:deadhorse

zone
12-03-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Rude American
Only a moron would want Williams back. IHateTheDullphins want Williams back. Therefore IHateTheDullphins is a moron.

I win. But that's not really saying much since he's a little boy.

your the winner :stupid:

IHateTheDullphins
12-03-2003, 02:14 PM
Hey Rude, Do you like tapes or CDs better?

Michael82
12-03-2003, 02:54 PM
Are you high? Winning could ensure that Williams stays? That would be HELL!!!! :mad:

Demon
12-03-2003, 02:57 PM
OMG! People are losing their minds. We beat the FREAKING NY GIANTS for gods sake. Some COLLEGE TEAMS could beat the GIANTS! We beat a horrible team, and people think we might win more or even make the playoffs? This team is NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS and will be LUCKY to win another game. Although, i think we'll beat Miami if it's cold.

Eli Manning, i'm waiting for you!

Michael82
12-03-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Demon
OMG! People are losing their minds. We beat the FREAKING NY GIANTS for gods sake. Some COLLEGE TEAMS could beat the GIANTS! We beat a horrible team, and people think we might win more or even make the playoffs? This team is NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS and will be LUCKY to win another game. Although, i think we'll beat Miami if it's cold.

Eli Manning, i'm waiting for you!

Finally someone with some common sense! :up:

BTW, I totally agree with you about Manning...but I fear that 6 wins will be too low of a draft pick. We wouldnt be in the top 10 :(

IHateTheDullphins
12-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Mike-I don't want williams to stay after this season, let alone the rest of this one.

Demon-:huh:

justasportsfan
12-03-2003, 03:09 PM
I think we ill go 3-1 for the rest of the season.

The Natrix
12-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Demon, who said Buffalo will win out? I don't think they will, but I hope they do. Even if it means GW or no Sean Taylor.

Michael82
12-03-2003, 03:16 PM
I see a great point in winning the remaining games this season.

Winning might ensure Williams job, but Gillbride is gone. Do we want that? Hell Yes!

:scratch:

The Natrix
12-03-2003, 03:17 PM
the bills make me want to shout!

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 03:49 PM
guys.. this is getting really silly..

no one want the bills to actually lose.. alot of us just dont care is they win right now.. that is it.. that is all.. get over it, IHATE, there is no need to start another thread about it..

sucks to have all these people fighting on the board.. that is how message boards turn to trash..

you root for the bills however you want.. and i will root for the bills however i want.. and jaded can go root for the cowboys.. like she wants.. :puke:

just no sense in making more posts like this.. rude is not going to change, not that he needs too.. and nor are you.. or your clones..

mods.. lets just start moving all this crap.. they are just turning into threads full of insults...

:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :deadhorse

Valerie
12-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka guys.. this is getting really silly..

sucks to have all these people fighting on the board.. that is how message boards turn to trash..

you root for the bills however you want.. and i will root for the bills however i want.. and jaded can go root for the cowboys.. like she wants.. :puke:

mods.. lets just start moving all this crap.. they are just turning into threads full of insults...

:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :deadhorse
I agree with you on points one and two, Tatonka. That's what I was trying to say in Rude's thread. It's silly and sad that Bills fans are turning on each other.

As for me rooting for the Cowboys, it's okay now that they're done playing the Bills. :) I will root for both the Bills and the Cowboys from here on out! :)

As for your last point, I agree with you on that one too. :) These threads are turning into insult contests and it's pointless to argue about things we have absolutely no control over.

DraftBoy
12-03-2003, 04:15 PM
:spam: Im in complete agreement with Tatonka.

:spam: :spam: :stupid:

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 04:33 PM
i come here because i feel like i am talking with friends.. i have talked to a couple of you over the phone an even helped one of you with some insurance problems.. ;) ... my wife thinks it is silly to consider people that i have never met and just talk w/ on message boards friends.. but after you share all the ups and downs that we have as bills fans and some of the good convesations we have in the twilight zone.. it is hard not to.. i just dont want to argue about this crap..

prior to this, i had no problem with IHATE, or Stampeed, or Zone, or any of the rest of you.. i just dont like being called a fairweather fan.. i have been a dedicated hardcore fan for over 15 years of my life.. i have missed one game in the past 11 years.. i put in my time researching draft picks for my favorite team and i put in my time posting tens of thousands of posts on this message board and others in the past talking about the bills.. so dont tell me that i am a fairweather fan..

i simply see a positive to the bills situation if they lose (aka - sean taylor).. and a i see a possible long term negative if the bills win (aka - greg and gilbride keeping their jobs for another year)... just because i am a bills fan doesnt mean i have to wear rose colored glasses and scream GO BILLS all the time.. and it doesnt mean that i have to go into every game convinced that the bills are going to win. it doesnt make anyone less of a fan by critisising them.

:peacesign :punk:

The Spaz
12-03-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i come here because i feel like i am talking with friends.. i have talked to a couple of you over the phone an even helped one of you with some insurance problems.. ;) ... my wife thinks it is silly to consider people that i have never met and just talk w/ on message boards friends.. but after you share all the ups and downs that we have as bills fans and some of the good convesations we have in the twilight zone.. it is hard not to.. i just dont want to argue about this crap..

prior to this, i had no problem with IHATE, or Stampeed, or Zone, or any of the rest of you.. i just dont like being called a fairweather fan.. i have been a dedicated hardcore fan for over 15 years of my life.. i have missed one game in the past 11 years.. i put in my time researching draft picks for my favorite team and i put in my time posting tens of thousands of posts on this message board and others in the past talking about the bills.. so dont tell me that i am a fairweather fan..

i simply see a positive to the bills situation if they lose (aka - sean taylor).. and a i see a possible long term negative if the bills win (aka - greg and gilbride keeping their jobs for another year)... just because i am a bills fan doesnt mean i have to wear rose colored glasses and scream GO BILLS all the time.. and it doesnt mean that i have to go into every game convinced that the bills are going to win. it doesnt make anyone less of a fan by critisising them.

You sound a lot like me!:):beer::bf1:

BillsMan80
12-03-2003, 04:48 PM
Well, Jaded, I'll have to root for the Eagles and Bills since we're done playing them. E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!!!!

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 04:55 PM
i like watching the seahawks.. i pull for them.. mainly because i have their qb and wr on my fantasy team.. but i pull for them over anyone but the bills of coarse.

jaded crossed a line though when she rooted for the boys over the bills. :D

BAM
12-03-2003, 04:58 PM
anyone that would root against the bills and call him/herself a fan is a dumba$$. IMO.

Good post IHate, you G-Damn Bills Fan ! :D

I also agree that there have been far too many of these sorts of threads. :down:

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
anyone that would root against the bills and call him/herself a fan is a dumba$$. IMO.

Good post IHate, you G-Damn Bills Fan ! :D

I also agree that there have been far too many of these sorts of threads. :down:

who is rooting against the bills?

BAM
12-03-2003, 05:05 PM
a bunch of people. anyone that wants us to lose the rest of the games this season for a few spots up on draft day. obviously you have to root against our boys for them to lose :shakeno:

really though, i don't care what anyone does ;) everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and my opinion is that if you want us to lose the rest of our games you are a dumba$$ :D

:gobills:

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
a bunch of people. anyone that wants us to lose the rest of the games this season, obviously you have to root against our boys for them to lose

really though, i don't care what anyone does ;) everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and my opinion is that if you want us to lose the rest of our games you are a dumba$$ :D

who is rooting for us to lose? i have stated this numerous times.. and i think you are reading into this too much.. none of us that take the time to post here on this bills board are watching games hoping we actually lose.. hoping bledsoe throws a pick, hoping henry fumbles.. no one is rooting against them. but a lot of us see a positive to the fact that the bills are as bad as they are this year..

your a dumbass if you cant get that. :D

BAM
12-03-2003, 05:11 PM

who is rooting for us to lose? i have stated this numerous times.. and i think you are reading into this too much.. none of us that take the time to post here on this bills board are watching games hoping we actually lose.. hoping bledsoe throws a pick, hoping henry fumbles.. no one is rooting against them. but a lot of us see a positive to the fact that the bills are as bad as they are this year..

your a dumbass if you cant get that. :D

:up: right

The_Philster
12-03-2003, 05:55 PM
It's a positive that we WILL unload Williams and Gilbride but the idea that a higher draft spot is a positive is up for debate, IMO

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 05:58 PM
if it means getting sean taylor.. then it is a positive :D

The_Philster
12-03-2003, 05:59 PM
As long as he produces the results we want. I loved Ki-Jana Carter coming out of Penn State...thought he would do great things for the Bengals.........

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 06:06 PM
sean taylor is one of the safest picks on the board.. imho.. but what the hell do i know.. :D

shelby
12-03-2003, 06:41 PM
:yikes:

Zoners are a part of my dysfunctional family. Can't we all just get along?:wail:

The_Philster
12-03-2003, 07:33 PM
sean taylor is one of the safest picks on the board.. imho.. but what the hell do i know.. :D

If we pick him, I hope you're right. Actually, I hope all our draft picks pan out no matter who they are. I've just seen enough wasted picks at the higher slots to be wary.

DraftBoy
12-03-2003, 11:19 PM

Alot more than some others! :D :idea:

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Alot more than some others! :D :idea:

:bravo:

SABURZFAN
12-04-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by shelby

Zoners are a part of my dysfunctional family. Can't we all just get along?:wail:

NO!!!!!!:mad:

shelby
12-04-2003, 04:39 AM
:peace:

zone
12-04-2003, 07:05 AM

Tatonka.... I totally see your point, and my threads were not meant to bash you, my problem was not with what you were saying. Although I do not agree with you I see your point. We are not going to the super bowl, let alone the playoffs, and winning the rest might put some kind of idea in TD head that GW,and KG can get the job done with a few additions. I don't belive that will happen, hell I do not think KG will have a job anywere in the league next season after he has wasted this years talent.

The point that I was trying to make, is 1)There are definate possitives to winning anytime, expecially if you have a squad that for the most part will hopefully be here agian next year. The confidence, and chemistry it gives your ball club is something that you can not get any other way then with a W.
2) Rude started a post saying call me a non-bills fan

I see no point in winning anymore this season.
Short term sacrifice, long term gain.
Lose now while the time is right.
Welcome losses? Yes.
Sorry, folks, but losing is the only way I see the future being salvaged much faster.

now a fan roots for a team through thick and thin, Rooting for the team to do poorly is in complete oposition of rooting for your team. can you see what I am saying?

I am in no way saying that you personally are not a fan, I know your status here and you have only missed 1 game in a 15 year period, now that in my eyes gives you plenty of credibility. The negative posts were directed at the thread sarcastically saying call me a non bills fan, when that is exactlly what I think he is. He was posting all types of threads, and no sense posts 5 or 6 weeks ago saying he sees no point in watching the games, or coming on here and that he is never coming back. Then he just continues to post, making no sense ever and wants me to buy into him being this balls to the wall fan.

I don't care what anyone else thinks, and it does not even matter because what do you think is going to happen? Everyone on the bills are just going to be like... "hey everyone our I think we need to get someone as good as mike williams this year, lets throw the rest of the games." "sound good to you Travis?" "how about you Spikes?" "Milloy?" "Drew".... I mean get real, this team has had enough heart and class throughout this crap season to at the very least not point fingers at other players or at the coaches. Do you honestly think that even one of them is going to go out there and tank a game on purpose?

Tatonka
12-04-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by zone
Tatonka.... I totally see your point, and my threads were not meant to bash you, my problem was not with what you were saying. Although I do not agree with you I see your point. We are not going to the super bowl, let alone the playoffs, and winning the rest might put some kind of idea in TD head that GW,and KG can get the job done with a few additions. I don't belive that will happen, hell I do not think KG will have a job anywere in the league next season after he has wasted this years talent.

The point that I was trying to make, is 1)There are definate possitives to winning anytime, expecially if you have a squad that for the most part will hopefully be here agian next year. The confidence, and chemistry it gives your ball club is something that you can not get any other way then with a W.

now a fan roots for a team through thick and thin, Rooting for the team to do poorly is in complete oposition of rooting for your team. can you see what I am saying?

I am in no way saying that you personally are not a fan, I know your status here and you have only missed 1 game in a 15 year period, now that in my eyes gives you plenty of credibility. The negative posts were directed at the thread sarcastically saying call me a non bills fan, when that is exactlly what I think he is. He was posting all types of threads, and no sense posts 5 or 6 weeks ago saying he sees no point in watching the games, or coming on here and that he is never coming back. Then he just continues to post, making no sense ever and wants me to buy into him being this balls to the wall fan.

I don't care what anyone else thinks, and it does not even matter because what do you think is going to happen? Everyone on the bills are just going to be like... "hey everyone our I think we need to get someone as good as mike williams this year, lets throw the rest of the games." "sound good to you Travis?" "how about you Spikes?" "Milloy?" "Drew".... I mean get real, this team has had enough heart and class throughout this crap season to at the very least not point fingers at other players or at the coaches. Do you honestly think that even one of them is going to go out there and tank a game on purpose?

rude is just a very frustrated fan, like alot of us.. and shows it in a sarcastic, sometimes negative way.. and if you havent seen him post for years, i can understand the confusion with his post.. but believe it or not, he does want whats best for this team in the long run.. he wants the team to win...

he just sees things a different way.

IHateTheDullphins
12-04-2003, 08:06 AM

My thoughts exactly:up:

Tatonka- the only one who is blowing things out of proportion is you. And YES, there are people on these boards rooting for a loss. Anything I have posted has been directed at the MORONS that deserve them, you NOT being one of them. Nobody called YOU a fairweather fan, nobody, so I don't know where you are coming up with all this. I have thick skin so none of this crap bothers me, but maybe your skin isn't as thick. Like I said, you're ok by me and I've never had any problems with you, but I sure love chatting with that Rude American fella.:cheers: Try not to take things so damn personal. :gobills:

p.s. Do you know where I can get a pair of those rosy colored glasses?

Rude American
12-04-2003, 08:10 AM
I see things through untinted glasses. I guarantee if this team goes 7-9 or better that Williams and Gilbride stay. Donahoe will not concede that mistakes were made in bringing them here... not just yet. His rep is on the line here too. Winning and keeping things in tack is his saving grace.

As much as I want the team to succeed, I see it causing serious problems in the seasons to come. If we don't get things sorted out NOW, get new coaches in here NOW, then this team is doomed for years to come. Drew is at the end of the line. Then what? It'll officially be a re-building era after his tenure is up. He's our best short-term shot so lets get the right people in here who'll get the most out of this team.

We'd have done better - FAR better - with Wade P still at the helm.

justasportsfan
12-04-2003, 08:11 AM

He was posting all types of threads, and no sense posts 5 or 6 weeks ago saying he sees no point in watching the games, or coming on here and that he is never coming back. Then he just continues to post, making no sense ever and wants me to buy into him being this balls to the wall fan.

Know what Rude is all about. He's a chemist. They use him when they test a humans reaction with new chemicals. :snicker2:

Dozerdog
12-04-2003, 08:19 AM
I don' t get the "TD won't admit his mistake" baloney

Where do you guys ge thtis crap? I never see it printed anywhere. Like most football organizations, unless there is a complete disaster- a 1-15 year (not predicated on a cap cleansing) then most teams don't just swich coaches in mid season. It's a 16 game season where coaching and game planning are a huge portion of the game- you just don't yank the coaches unless you have an unmitigated disaster (player revolts, ect..) on your hands.

This isn't baseball or hockey where canning a guy is done "to give a team a boost".

You replace them at the end of the season. If you want Dan Snyder type management/ownership- then you will have serious credibility problems with future coaches, future players, agents- media- you name it.

TD is highly respected around the league- Changing head coaches probably would not have helped the Bills make the playoffs andwould have caused problems landing quality candidates down the road.

GW brought Gillbride in, not Tom Donahoe. When GW is not renewed, his coaches will be given walking papers(unless the new coach retains some)

Valerie
12-04-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by BillsMan80 Well, Jaded, I'll have to root for the Eagles and Bills since we're done playing them. E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!!!!
I guess you and I will be on opposite ends from here on out. I'm rooting for the Cowboys!!!! :)

Originally posted by Tatonkajaded crossed a line though when she rooted for the boys over the bills. :D
:D Better to cross a line than to sit on the fence. :up:

BillsMan80
12-04-2003, 08:43 AM
Cowboys suck. E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!!!! Fly Eagles Fly, On the road to victory!!! Eagles by 20 this weekend. Jaded, how about a ZB bet on this weekend's game, 5000 ZBs, no spread, if the Eagles win, I win, if Dallas wins, you win.

zone
12-04-2003, 08:46 AM
I see things through untinted glasses. I guarantee if this team goes 7-9 or better that Williams and Gilbride stay. Donahoe will not concede that mistakes were made in bringing them here... not just yet. His rep is on the line here too. Winning and keeping things in tack is his saving grace.

As much as I want the team to succeed, I see it causing serious problems in the seasons to come. If we don't get things sorted out NOW, get new coaches in here NOW, then this team is doomed for years to come. Drew is at the end of the line. Then what? It'll officially be a re-building era after his tenure is up. He's our best short-term shot so lets get the right people in here who'll get the most out of this team.

We'd have done better - FAR better - with Wade P still at the helm.

dude if you really think GW is going to get renewed whith his last 2 seasons being 8-8, and 7-9 you are smoking something way to harsh..... and if that was to happen then the problems of this team stem a lot futher than the HC.

Valerie
12-04-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by BillsMan80 Cowboys suck. E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!!!! Fly Eagles Fly, On the road to victory!!! Eagles by 20 this weekend. Jaded, how about a ZB bet on this weekend's game, 5000 ZBs, no spread, if the Eagles win, I win, if Dallas wins, you win.
How about a $500.00 bet? I can't afford $5,000.00 right now. I've been giving my money away like water lately! lol

Is $500 zonebucks a bet? :shake:

Tatonka
12-04-2003, 08:51 AM
dude if you really think GW is going to get renewed whith his last 2 seasons being 8-8, and 7-9 you are smoking something way to harsh..... and if that was to happen then the problems of this team stem a lot futher than the HC.

i am sorry to say.. but that is an absolute possibility..

Rude American
12-04-2003, 08:59 AM
Dozer, when I say now, I mean the near future... ie, at the seaon's end. It's clear nothing ever happens in football mid-season and nor did I ever say let's change the coaches before the next game. It's just a figure of speach. Get it?

It's also speculation. Why can't we speculate this "crap"? Is all specualtion "crap"? I didn't know this was a fact-based board only. I didn't realize we weren't allowed to speculate or voice
opinions.

Also, he IS responsible for Gilbride... indirectly, anyway. He brought in the wrong guy and he in turn brought in the wrong guy. In no other sport is an assistant coach so heavily factored into a team's success. Ultimately it falls on Donahoe to fix what he created.

Rude American
12-04-2003, 09:01 AM

Don't be so sure that the powers that be won't blame crap like injuries, lack of execution etc.

7-9 doesn't guarantee their dismissal.

Michael82
12-04-2003, 09:19 AM

Uhhh anyone who think Sean Taylor will be available PAST pick #10 is on crack. IMO, Taylor could possibly go in the top 5 picks and we won't have that. I heard he is a shoe in for the defensive player of the year and after the way he played against Pitt last week....he's going to drafted pretty high!

Michael82
12-04-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
How about a $500.00 bet? I can't afford $5,000.00 right now. I've been giving my money away like water lately! lol

Is $500 zonebucks a bet? :shake:

Don't forget...you are going to need $5,000 + $5,000 +$5,000 = $15,000 for when the Cowboys get knocked out of the playoffs and don't make the Super Bowl. :snicker:

Michael82
12-04-2003, 09:24 AM
Oh BTW BradAlanMiller, your post count is so :evil:

:madfire:

yle
12-04-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

TD is highly respected around the league- Changing head coaches probably would not have helped the Bills make the playoffs andwould have caused problems landing quality candidates down the road.

I agree. Keeping GW until the end of his contract might actually make the Bills more attractive to other coaches, because it reinforces that Donahoe will give you the time to work your plan.

Valerie
12-04-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282 Don't forget...you are going to need $5,000 + $5,000 +$5,000 = $15,000 for when the Cowboys get knocked out of the playoffs and don't make the Super Bowl. :snicker:
I know what my bets are, Mike! I don't need to be reminded of them. I made a $5,000 bet with you and Helmet. I totally forgot who the other person was. Do you know?

E-Klips
12-04-2003, 09:50 AM
I hope, for everyone's sake, that you're joking. Unless you're some type of high roller ( I know the type; I see them all the time in Vegas showing off), you should not make bets for thousands of dollars. Also, who would accept such a bet without seeing the money?

Valerie
12-04-2003, 09:53 AM
I'm betting with zonebucks, E-Klips. Geez, do you really think I'm that nuts? :lmao:

E-Klips
12-04-2003, 09:59 AM
Yes.

zone
12-04-2003, 10:01 AM
Don't be so sure that the powers that be won't blame crap like injuries, lack of execution etc.

7-9 doesn't guarantee their dismissal.

His contracted was not extended at the begining of this year, why do you think that is? Maybee to see how this season went. Do you really think that this season no matter what happens in the last couple of games, is a resume builder? GW is gone, there are plenty of coaches available that are proven. We took a chance on GW tons of top rated DC's have worked out well as head coaches, GW did not. That is the way it goes.

Originally posted by Dozerdog
Where do you guys ge thtis crap? I never see it printed anywhere.

exactly....

IHateTheDullphins
12-04-2003, 10:08 AM
GW is gone. Period.

juice
12-04-2003, 10:25 AM
"Anything short of a Playoff run will be a failure" , Bills team

IHateTheDullphins
12-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by juice

This says it all. KG, GW, have a nice life.

The_Philster
12-04-2003, 05:05 PM
GW is gone. Period.

Originally posted by juice

I don't think a 7-9 record gets them back here.