PDA

View Full Version : For those who laughed at the Phins week 1 loss..

PhinPhan1227
12-03-2003, 12:38 PM
...I just thought I'd make the suggestion that they compare the current W/L records for the Texans and the Bills. Still a laughing matter? BTW, don't take this as gloating...there's still a VERY good chance that Miami will miss the Playoffs. I just thought the irony was too good to pass up.

Ebenezer
12-03-2003, 12:39 PM
That's why they play 16...don't hold your breath...the calander just flipped to December...that is like kryptonite to the Fins.

PhinPhan1227
12-03-2003, 12:46 PM
Hey, fans were laughing their heads off in September, I can certainly enjoy the irony in December. Besides, you have to take the NFL one week at a time. The Dallas game was only one game of 16, but it was a blast!!!

IHateTheDullphins
12-03-2003, 12:51 PM
:blah:

justasportsfan
12-03-2003, 12:56 PM
You're 3 wks late P1227. What took you so long? Where you go, Cuba?

PhinPhan1227
12-03-2003, 01:03 PM
Just noticed that both teams have the same record. Heck, I can't keep up with the records of EVERY NFL team!!...;o)

Novacane
12-03-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
...I? BTW, don't take this as gloating...there's still a VERY good chance that Miami will miss the Playoffs. I just thought the irony was too good to pass up.

Thought you were one of the "we're going to the SB" finfans when I first saw your thread!. You guys will probably get in but I don't see the fins going very far.

SABURZFAN
12-03-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
You're 3 wks late P1227. What took you so long? Where you go, Cuba?

funny how they disappear when they were losing and then suddenly re-appear when they're winning.

Novacane
12-03-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
funny how they disappear when they were losing and then suddenly re-appear when they're winning.

Yep!

Novacane
12-03-2003, 02:15 PM

Yep! That means they will be gona again very soon!!!!!!!!!!

Dolphinatic
12-03-2003, 04:58 PM

I stop by here pretty much every week. I just don't post much outside of Bills-Fins game weeks.

I did enjoy the 'our season is back' posts in Sunday's game thread, for what that's worth.

stuckincincy
12-03-2003, 05:12 PM
Fins have a critical game vs. Pats. I'd like to see it on tv but it's not gonna happen. I've been given TEN packers games so far, followed by SIX bucs games and FIVE Minnie games.

BAM
12-03-2003, 05:38 PM
If the Fins play like they did vs. Dallas they'll be just fine. sadly

Marino13Phins
12-03-2003, 06:04 PM

I believe you are talking about bills fans. Since before the season started this board was packed with superbowl talk and how 8-8 seasons were over. Yet by week 4 the board was pretty much empty.

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins
I believe you are talking about bills fans. Since before the season started this board was packed with superbowl talk and how 8-8 seasons were over. Yet by week 4 the board was pretty much empty.

hey.. do you hear that? it the phone..

its the grim reaper.. his name is december.. and he is looking for the dolphins..

Marino13Phins
12-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Not this year. Looks like he got to the bills a little earlier then normal this year huh? Week 3 or 4 was it?

BAM
12-03-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

hey.. do you hear that? it the phone..

its the grim reaper.. his name is december.. and he is looking for the dolphins..

:lol!:

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 06:14 PM
Not this year.

rofl.. yeah.. i have never heard a fish fan say that before huh.. we will just see how they hold up for 3 divisional matchups.. i am banking that they fold.. again.. if you lose this weekend.. i guarentee you that your season is over.. the media will eat it up... it will creep back in the players heads.. and the next thing you know.. your playing golf.

stuckincincy
12-03-2003, 06:21 PM
Coitus Interruptus, noun: to be, or be like the Miami Dolphins esp. in December. To titilate people but come up short at the end. See also Wanny, swoon, or Jimmie.

Marino13Phins
12-03-2003, 07:40 PM
Just watch, if u need to know how ask any bills player. They are usually sitting home watching football on Sundays.

stuckincincy
12-03-2003, 08:01 PM
Just watch, if u need to know how ask any bills player. They are usually sitting home watching football on Sundays.

True. We pop popcorn, open a beer, and sit next to Fin fans come playoff time and watch other teams go at it. :D

PhinPhan1227
12-04-2003, 07:52 AM

What can I say...we were both losing at the same time...so what was there to post about other than "we both suck"? If you guys had gone on a hot streak I would have been back as well...I have in the past afterall.

PhinPhan1227
12-04-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

rofl.. yeah.. i have never heard a fish fan say that before huh.. we will just see how they hold up for 3 divisional matchups.. i am banking that they fold.. again.. if you lose this weekend.. i guarentee you that your season is over.. the media will eat it up... it will creep back in the players heads.. and the next thing you know.. your playing golf.

Until we actually win the games, I have to agree with you. Basically our season DOES come down to this sunday. If they can go into New England and beat the Pats at home, I see no reason they can't beat anyone and everyone on the rest of their schedule. Conversely, a loss to the Pats probably signals the beginning of "same old, same old", and Wayne H can start interviewing new Head Coaches to avoid the holiday rush... :poem:

justasportsfan
12-04-2003, 07:59 AM
I don't know about that december thing. I just don't think they had a great team since Marino left. Last year was the year they could've gone all they way but they didn't have a qb good enough.

Fiedler may have had a great game against the Titans. It's a nos. game , eventually he'll go back to being his unreliable self.

Voltron
12-04-2003, 08:02 AM
WOW I have to say I am extremely impressed by the Fin fans on this thread. They can write entire sentences and have a realistic out look on their team! :up:

Come back any time guys!

PhinPhan1227
12-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I don't know about that december thing. I just don't think they had a great team since Marino left. Last year was the year they could've gone all they way but they didn't have a qb good enough.

Fiedler may have had a great game against the Titans. It's a nos. game , eventually he'll go back to being his unreliable self.

Fiedler has looked VERY unFiedleresque since he came back from the injury. Crisp, STRONG throws, smart decisions, cool in the pocket. That's why I can say that it all comes down to this weekend. If he gets it done against the Pats, he IS for real, and I'm going to feel very good about facing just about anyone from here on out. If he comes back to earth and looks sloppy, I'll start checking out the middle first round draft picks. But right now, today, no QB that I've seen has put together a better 5 quarters of football than Fiedler. Now we just have to see what the story is after another 4 quarters.

TedMock
12-04-2003, 01:14 PM
Chambers has also picked it up quite a bit for you guys. You'll need that down the stretch. You're Achilles heal has always been a one-dimensional offense of some sort. If Chambers and Feidler stay on the same page it only makes Ricky more dangerous. You already know the D's good. It pains me to say it, however! You, like us, have 3 division games coming up so it'll be a tough December regardless.