PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe questionable for Jets game

The Natrix
12-03-2003, 01:46 PM
I just heard it on Mike and the Mad-Dog.

said he was dizzy after practice today

zone
12-03-2003, 01:50 PM
great... I hope Morman can throw the ball, cause if AVP has to play it's going to be a long night.

The Natrix
12-03-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by zone
great... I hope Morman can throw the ball, cause if AVP has to play it's going to be a long night.

What? You should be thrilled. Every true Bills fan should want a loss. It is one step closer to getting a better pick! :rolleyes:

zone
12-03-2003, 02:23 PM
lol... oh yea I forgot. What the heck is wrong with me.

YES! our QB is hurt, one less person that has to help throw this game in the drain. Easy loss.....

ROFL

zone
12-03-2003, 02:24 PM
Hopefully we can draft someone as good as Ryan Leaf or Drew Breeze with our super high pick.

justasportsfan
12-03-2003, 02:26 PM
w/ AVP in there we will be forced to run. We will win.

Valerie
12-03-2003, 02:29 PM
I love Alex Van Pelt!:love: He's my new favorite player! I can't wait to watch him play!!!! :)

The Natrix
12-03-2003, 02:34 PM
Hopefully we can draft someone as good as Ryan Leaf or Drew Breeze with our super high pick.

I know, I would hate to be stuck drafting a Winfield or a Clements

We need another Mike Williams to overpay

I would also hate to deal with all that confidence going into next season that comes along with beating the Jets, Titans, Dolphins and Patriots.

IHateTheDullphins
12-03-2003, 02:36 PM
I personally think that Nate Clements should take some snaps.

The Natrix
12-03-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
I personally think that Nate Clements should take some snaps.

why?

zone
12-03-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
I know, I would hate to be stuck drafting a Winfield or a Clements

We need another Mike Williams to overpay

I would also hate to deal with all that confidence going into next season that comes along with beating the Jets, Titans, Dolphins and Patriots.

Yea we definitly need another Mike Williams, he has been GREAT! See that is what you get when you loose a whole bunch of games... ohh you know what we should purposely loose all of or games next year too, then we will get some serious talent on this team!

Yea and ass for confidence, and working well as a unit... let other teams worry about that kind of stuff, we need draft picks!

zone
12-03-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I love Alex Van Pelt!:love: He's my new favorite player! I can't wait to watch him play!!!! :)

yea he is my new favorite coach with pads.... =)

The Natrix
12-03-2003, 02:47 PM
why purposely lose them with the risk of injury and all? If GW had any sense, he would just forfiet the season and let everyone heal up.

zone
12-03-2003, 02:49 PM
why purposely lose them with the risk of injury and all? If GW had any sense, he would just forfiet the season and let everyone heal up.

wooo never thought of that option,I think you may have the ticket.....

BAM
12-03-2003, 05:01 PM
i heard he was probable. anyways, it doesn't matter. nowadays i don't think anyone knows wtf is going on w/ the injury report... even the players themselves...

stuckincincy
12-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7

Yep. Everybody forgets when he came in a few years ago when the idiot RJ got knocked out. AVP put 3,000 yds on the board. Of course, that was when the offensive playcalling bore some semblence to sanity.

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 05:10 PM
What? You should be thrilled. Every true Bills fan should want a loss. It is one step closer to getting a better pick! :rolleyes:

lol... oh yea I forgot. What the heck is wrong with me.

YES! our QB is hurt, one less person that has to help throw this game in the drain. Easy loss.....

ROFL

i love assinine posts like this.

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 05:16 PM
drew bledsoe ****** sucks anyway... what difference does it make if he is out.. he has lost games that were winable all season. he is one of the biggest reasons this season has been a dissappointment... AVP cant be worse.. and like Justa said.. maybe this will force that moron of a OC to run the ball like they promised us all offseason.

and before you start defending bledsoe.. take a look at his numbers on this list.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PTDS/2003/regular

if you are having trouble finding him.. look at the very bottom... he is right above Jeff Garcia, Doug Johnson, David Carr, and Kyle Boller.. good company.. all are either garbage qbs or hurt qbs... and bledsoe has put up those solid numbers while playing all year..

stuckincincy
12-03-2003, 05:39 PM
HaHaHaHaaa...like that pic of the radar speed trailer.

Couldn't agree more abt. bledsoe. Shoulda moved up the measely 5 spots and nabbed Ramsey.

Question on my mind, tho...I don't see anything now or in the past, in the bill's org, that makes me think they can develop a young QB.

BAM
12-03-2003, 05:41 PM
I see Wys has returned from the banned :)

look who's right above Bledsoe on that page, Donovan McNabb. then look at his team's record... :up:

almost identical statistics, but yep it's all bledsoe's fault. you wys-clones never cease to amaze me. :lol!:

Kill Bledsoe! Off with his head! :shakeno:

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller

actually.. me and wys used to argue like cats and dogs.. and while i still disagree with him about alot of things, i have seen the light on bledsoe.. as i think most people have... fun thing is.. wys was like a profit.. he kept saying all offseason that if the offense was just on bledsoes shoulders this season, that he would ruin it, and the fans would be ready to run him out of town.. and he has ruined the offense along with gilbride, and the fans are just about sick of it.

and as far as i know.. wys is not banned.. he is got tired of getting **** on for having a different opinion, so he stopped posting.

BAM
12-03-2003, 05:46 PM
who knows. i figured he was banned for starting fights all the time. lol

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 05:47 PM

look who's right above him, Donovan McNabb. then look at his team's record... :up:

almost identical statistics, but yep it's all bledsoe's fault. you wys-clones never cease to amaze me. :lol!:

Kill Bledsoe! Off with his head! :shakeno:

mcnabb will be the first to tell you he has played poorly this season.. but he played horrible early on.. and is now playing better.. he is obviously much more than a statue pocket passer..

also.. mr brad... take a look at bledsoes TURNOVERS.. fumbles and ints are what is killing us.. mcnabb does not kill his team with turnovers...

how can you argue that? did the coaches "coach" the ball out of his hands and into the opponents?

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 05:48 PM
who knows. i figured he was banned for starting fights all the time. lol

wys didnt start tons of fights.. he just posted opinions, many of which i do not agree with, about players and people attacked him all the time.. he was actually very civil in the face of constant critism.

BAM
12-03-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

mcnabb will be the first to tell you he has played poorly this season.. but he played horrible early on.. and is now playing better.. he is obviously much more than a statue pocket passer..

also.. mr brad... take a look at bledsoes TURNOVERS.. fumbles and ints are what is killing us.. mcnabb does not kill his team with turnovers...

how can you argue that? did the coaches "coach" the ball out of his hands and into the opponents?

nope . but i'm sure the 1/2 second he had to throw the ball on most of those downs had nothing to do with the turnovers either :up: the O-line has left much to be desired this season, not to mention shaky playcalling.

I agree that Bledsoe should definately take some of the blame, But DEFINATELY, definately not all of it, mr tatonka ;)

PS. I think most people here will agree that he did indeed start controversies on purpose. i highly doubt that he left on his own free will...

BillsFever
12-03-2003, 05:59 PM
Bledsoe is a bum. I don't care if he is playing or not. He already ruined our playoff chances so why does it matter if he's on the field now?

Too bad he didn't get knocked in the head about 6 weeks ago. We might still have a shot at the playoffs.

AVP sucks and won't really win any games for you but he rarely loses them by himself with stupid turnovers.

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 06:01 PM

PS. I think most people here will agree that he did indeed start controversies on purpose. i highly doubt that he left on his own free will...

he did alot of things for this site that i think you are not aware of.. he was a founding member and he is a good guy.. he just has some f-ed up opininos that people dont agree with.. including myself.. but i have had a couple conversations with him on the phone, and he is a hell of a nice guy.. i will give him that.. and very smart too.. shame he is gone.. i would like to still see him around, but your right.. controversy and arguements follow him around.. shame

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 06:05 PM
nope . but i'm sure the 1/2 second he had to throw the ball on most of those downs had nothing to do with the turnovers either :up: the O-line has left much to be desired this season.

Bledsoe should definately take some of the blame, definately not all of it, mr tatonka ;)

bledsoe has one of the best defenses in the league playing for him!!! what throwing the ball? he has been in tons of close games that he just had to move the team down the field and he cant do it.. does bledsoe take all the blame? no way.. of coarse not.. but i know for a fact his ass is part of the reason we throw so much on third down.. i have seen him audible out of runs so many damn times it makes me sick... that is on him.. drive killers.. and holding the ball too long.. that is on him too... could you imagine if bledsoe would actually audible to a run once? now that would be something.. he has played like garbage in EVERY big game we had this year, bar the pats game... and he has played well in all the games against all the crap ass teams.. he does it every year.

BAM
12-03-2003, 06:07 PM
yep. i hung w/ him a few times as well, cool as hell. he tried /cared too much about being right though it seemed.

as for the bledsoe debate, it's fine to have a bad opinion about him, but get used to it because i have a feeling he'll be around Buffalo for a few more years :) (which could or could not be a good thing, we'll see) and there isn't a damn thing any of us can do about that. ;)

:gobills:

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 06:09 PM
agreed and agreed.

justasportsfan
12-03-2003, 06:22 PM

i highly doubt that he left on his own free will...

That's between him and the Administrators of BZ. Let's not speculate on things that we are not involved in.

I still don't like wys. I'll bust his other knee when I see him.

My problem w/ Drew is that he's a robot for a dumb OC. I think this team will do fine w/ Van Pelt. The best games this team has played is when Drew didn't try to do things all on his own. All he needed to do was not suck. AVP is good at not sucking. He may not be a great qb, but he's a great back-up.

BillsFever
12-03-2003, 06:23 PM
Here is what Bledsoe has to say about his play (http://veepers02.budweiser.com/service/RetrieveCard?id=D335EB4E-25EF-11D8-9866-E6D459074EC2)

BAM
12-03-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
Here is what Bledsoe has to say about his play (http://veepers02.budweiser.com/service/RetrieveCard?id=D335EB4E-25EF-11D8-9866-E6D459074EC2)

lame :down:

:flush:

Dozerdog
12-03-2003, 06:30 PM
Wys was never banned

Wys' opinions on football were not a factor in any rift.

There were basic philosophical differences in the expectations on how staff of the BZ should interact with other posters. We hold ourselves to a tougher standard than we hold regular members.

Apparently, from what I've seen- he's writing a column for BillsReport.com now- and we are very happy he's found a place to land on his feet.

BAM
12-03-2003, 06:34 PM
That's cool. I was thinking he was banned, which would be very uncool because he was only posting his opinion (over and over though :rolleyes: )

Billsreport eh?

stuckincincy
12-03-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Wys was never banned

Wys' opinions on football were not a factor in any rift.

There were basic philosophical differences in the expectations on how staff of the BZ should interact with other posters. We hold ourselves to a tougher standard than we hold regular members.

Apparently, from what I've seen- he's writing a column for BillsReport.com now- and we are very happy he's found a place to land on his feet.

Being a short-timer here -3 months -I don't quite get the talk about Wys. Nothing he's posted has ever offended me...it's hard to hurt a monitor or keyboard. :D

But philosophical diff's are a fact of life. Thanks for the explanation.

Mad Bomber
12-03-2003, 06:56 PM
That's cool. I was thinking he was banned, which would be very uncool because he was only posting his opinion (over and over though :rolleyes: )

Billsreport eh?

Nah, he left of his own free will. I've talked with him about it, and tried to get him back here, but he was tired of getting hammered for his (very verbose) opinions...

Mad Bomber
12-03-2003, 07:00 PM
Back to the subject of this thread (it's not about Wys):

Originally posted by justasportsfan
w/ AVP in there we will be forced to run. We will win.

Excellent point! The Jests' main weakness is their run defense. We didn't try to exploit it earlier in the season, and we got smoked. We need to run, run, run, and run some more.

The question is, will KG adjust to the fact that he has a rubber-armed QB at the helm this week?

Dozerdog
12-03-2003, 07:07 PM
Yes he will, Bomber- He'll shorten the 10 yard routes to 5 yard routes

mybills
12-03-2003, 07:51 PM
I miss wys...somebody tell him hello for me, ok? :sadwalk:

Tatonka
12-03-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever

that is one of the funniest things i have ever heard.