• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

AVP Starting.

AVP getting the start will all but garentee a loss (I know that is what a lot of you would like).

I mean lets face it, AVP is not even good enough to be a 3rd stringer in this league. (He is a coach with pads)

It's too bad we did not have a young qb that could be getting some game experience..... I think drew will start anyhow.
    www.blzbus.com
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Not neccissareially. If the defense does what it did vs Dallas, the Colts, and the Texans, and if Henry gets 25-30 carries for 125-150 yards, I think we can win another 12-10 type game.

LOts of "ifs" though

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

AVP would've had a better qb rating than Drew .
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HenryRules
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
        Not neccissareially. If the defense does what it did vs Dallas, the Colts, and the Texans, and if Henry gets 25-30 carries for 125-150 yards, I think we can win another 12-10 type game.

LOts of "ifs" though
        "another" would imply that we have already won a 12-10 type game.

I think as long as we're relying on this defense to win the game for us, we're lost.

Comment

• ryven
          • Jan 2003

Hey I like AVP the problem is he hasn't played since preseason so he will be a little rusty but I think as soon as he get back into things he will be fine but there will be alot of running and when he passes it may not be for more than 10 or 15 yards at a time and that will be fine as long as we dont get behind or to much behind. but I agree zone maybe the bills would be wise to hire hime for there QB coach next year.

Comment

• zone
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by ryven
            Hey I like AVP the problem is he hasn't played since preseason so he will be a little rusty but I think as soon as he get back into things he will be fine but there will be alot of running and when he passes it may not be for more than 10 or 15 yards at a time and that will be fine as long as we dont get behind or to much behind. but I agree zone maybe the bills would be wise to hire hime for there QB coach next year.
            Yea I have no problems with him, I just think his arm stregth is shot, last week he had a reciever open 6 or 7 yards out, the defender was not even in sight, and he shot the ball so slow the defender was able to break it up...lol

like I said good coach.
            www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HenryRules
              "another" would imply that we have already won a 12-10 type game.

I think as long as we're relying on this defense to win the game for us, we're lost.
              Hey- if you hold teams to 200 yards total offense and between 7 and 17 points, you have a puncher's chance.

I guess they have to shut them all out each week.

Comment

• zone
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog

LOts of "ifs" though
                That is a good point... all he has to do is hand the ball off to the horse. We could definitly win games just pounding the ball down teams throats.

We could see who can run for more yards T.Henry or Willis. That would be fun. hahaha
                www.blzbus.com

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                  • Jul 2002

Maybe now we'll see the power running game that we heard so much about before the season. Lord knows the offense won't be running the fun and gun with AVP. With AVP, Gilbride won't be so tempted to throw the ball all the time.

Comment

• ryven
                    • Jan 2003

yeah I think KG proved this season that a QB coach is needed and who better than AVP he was always reliable when he came in.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

His teammates have confidence in him. Eric Moulds said so this morning. Then again , what would Moulds say, "AVP should lay off the donuts"?
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• zone
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        His teammates have confidence in him. Eric Moulds said so this morning. Then again , what would Moulds say, "AVP should lay off the donuts"?
                        Yea you know everything we hear through the media week in and week out is all PC bull crap. At least our players have the class to sugar coat it..... You don't need the loud mouth cancer to add to the problems.
                        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

The kicking game will need to be solid for us to win the game, FG and punting, a short field from special teams could put us over the top. ACC

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• zone
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by juice
                            The kicking game will need to be solid for us to win the game, FG and punting, a short field from special teams could put us over the top. ACC
                            isn't the punting allways? The Moorman and MaGee show RoCkS!

None of this matters, cause you know drew is gonna play.
                            www.blzbus.com

Comment

• northernbillfan
                              Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

I'd like to see AVP step in and be this years Tom Brady. Take the Bills to victory in the next four games, and lead the team into the playoffs.
                              When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X