Clear All
  • IHateTheDullphins
    New and Improved!!
    • Aug 2003

Herm Edwards!

Thursday, December 04, 2003

BY DAVE HUTCHINSON
    Star-Ledger Staff

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- If Jets coach Herman Edwards does not receive a contract extension after this season, there could be two local NFL teams looking for a coach during the off-season.

Although Edwards has two years remaining on his contract, he has an escape clause allowing him to leave after this season and is expected to exercise that right if he does not receive a two-year extension from owner Woody Johnson, a league official with knowledge of the situation said yesterday.

This would be my guy. Not sure if ther is any chance in hell, but I would take this guy for certain!
    Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAMES!

Best thing anyone ever said in football! A lot of people don't understand that.
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I'd be all over that- proven winner and motivator. The Jets would be idiots not to resign him

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

On second thought- I hate his offenses- leave the West Coast offense out
        If he's open to ditching it or getting a guy who matches our talents and strengths - then cool

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

I think I may change my sig. Seems like a strange time to do it, but Herm is the man!
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Voltron
            • Jul 2002

I am not a fan of the WCO either. We don't have the people for the WCO and it would be another nightmare trying to impliment it again. Herm would be a good choice but I don't see him being let go by the Jets.
            Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
            - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
            -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
            - Mark Twain

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

herm is a defensive guy.. his offensive philosphy comes from his o cordinator, and they went to the west coast O because of the montana like qb he has in pennington.

he would adjust to his strengths if he were here.

i didnt think he was an option, but he would move to the top of my list if he were available. love that guy. maybe he will bring pennington with him in another year when he is a free agent!

so my options at coach look like this

Edwards
              Ferentz
              Saban
              Kernell

we gotta be able to get ONE of them! right?
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

It'll probably be Gregg Williams bro. I've been getting a feeling.

I think we'll beat Miami and NY at home. He may have a good game plan against his former team and New England may have everything wrapped up by the time we get them. If we finish 8-8 or even 9-7 with a top 3 defense, I have a feeling they'll resign Gregg!

Just a feeling.
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i am feeling sick.. because i know that is a reality.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• zone
                    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
                    This would be my guy. Not sure if ther is any chance in hell, but I would take this guy for certain!
                    Originally posted by Tatonka
                    i didnt think he was an option, but he would move to the top of my list if he were available.
                    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Rude American
                      EE is my American Idol
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                      If we finish 8-8 or even 9-7 with a top 3 defense, I have a feeling they'll resign Gregg!

Just a feeling.
                      I think Tatonka said it, and I think Caveboy too. But it's about time someone else said it. This is exactly why I'm not disappointed when we lose.
                      You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Bills Winning the game Sunday would be the first step in the Jets not offering him an extension, for Defense to be his specialty they are ranked around 27, might be enough of a reason for Jets not to sign him. After last year and lookin' to be making a run this year I say they sign him. Obvious lack of talent.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

lack of talent and injuries hurt him bad this year.. but i hope that they dont see that and he walks away.. to a team that gets to play them twice a year.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                            New and Improved!!
                            • Aug 2003

I think bringing in Herm would be the final piece to the next great Buffalo Dynasty, except this time we win the SB. It would be a dream come true for our team to have this guy.
                            Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
                              I think bringing in Herm would be the final piece to the next great Buffalo Dynasty, except this time we win the SB. It would be a dream come true for our team to have this guy.
                              i disagree.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X