PDA

View Full Version : Herm Edwards!

IHateTheDullphins
12-04-2003, 08:11 AM
Thursday, December 04, 2003

BY DAVE HUTCHINSON
Star-Ledger Staff

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- If Jets coach Herman Edwards does not receive a contract extension after this season, there could be two local NFL teams looking for a coach during the off-season.

Although Edwards has two years remaining on his contract, he has an escape clause allowing him to leave after this season and is expected to exercise that right if he does not receive a two-year extension from owner Woody Johnson, a league official with knowledge of the situation said yesterday.

http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1070518297319200.xml?tbd1070518297319200.xml

This would be my guy. Not sure if ther is any chance in hell, but I would take this guy for certain!

Patrick76777
12-04-2003, 08:25 AM
YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAMES!

Best thing anyone ever said in football! A lot of people don't understand that.

Dozerdog
12-04-2003, 08:32 AM
I'd be all over that- proven winner and motivator. The Jets would be idiots not to resign him

Dozerdog
12-04-2003, 08:33 AM
On second thought- I hate his offenses- leave the West Coast offense out
If he's open to ditching it or getting a guy who matches our talents and strengths - then cool:up:

Patrick76777
12-04-2003, 08:34 AM
I think I may change my sig. Seems like a strange time to do it, but Herm is the man!

Voltron
12-04-2003, 08:41 AM
I am not a fan of the WCO either. We don't have the people for the WCO and it would be another nightmare trying to impliment it again. Herm would be a good choice but I don't see him being let go by the Jets.

Tatonka
12-04-2003, 08:49 AM
herm is a defensive guy.. his offensive philosphy comes from his o cordinator, and they went to the west coast O because of the montana like qb he has in pennington.

he would adjust to his strengths if he were here.

i didnt think he was an option, but he would move to the top of my list if he were available. love that guy. maybe he will bring pennington with him in another year when he is a free agent! :D

so my options at coach look like this

Edwards
Ferentz
Saban
Kernell

we gotta be able to get ONE of them! right?

Patrick76777
12-04-2003, 08:52 AM
It'll probably be Gregg Williams bro. I've been getting a feeling.

I think we'll beat Miami and NY at home. He may have a good game plan against his former team and New England may have everything wrapped up by the time we get them. If we finish 8-8 or even 9-7 with a top 3 defense, I have a feeling they'll resign Gregg!

Just a feeling.

Tatonka
12-04-2003, 08:57 AM
i am feeling sick.. because i know that is a reality.

zone
12-04-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
This would be my guy. Not sure if ther is any chance in hell, but I would take this guy for certain!

Originally posted by Tatonka
i didnt think he was an option, but he would move to the top of my list if he were available.

:cheers:

Rude American
12-04-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
If we finish 8-8 or even 9-7 with a top 3 defense, I have a feeling they'll resign Gregg!

Just a feeling.

I think Tatonka said it, and I think Caveboy too. But it's about time someone else said it. This is exactly why I'm not disappointed when we lose.

juice
12-04-2003, 09:12 AM
Bills Winning the game Sunday would be the first step in the Jets not offering him an extension, for Defense to be his specialty they are ranked around 27, might be enough of a reason for Jets not to sign him. After last year and lookin' to be making a run this year I say they sign him. Obvious lack of talent.

Tatonka
12-04-2003, 10:13 AM
lack of talent and injuries hurt him bad this year.. but i hope that they dont see that and he walks away.. to a team that gets to play them twice a year. :D

IHateTheDullphins
12-04-2003, 10:16 AM
I think bringing in Herm would be the final piece to the next great Buffalo Dynasty, except this time we win the SB. It would be a dream come true for our team to have this guy.:up:

SABURZFAN
12-04-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
I think bringing in Herm would be the final piece to the next great Buffalo Dynasty, except this time we win the SB. It would be a dream come true for our team to have this guy.:up:

i disagree.

IHateTheDullphins
12-04-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

i disagree.

You would.:loblo:

Sparda
12-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Herm has a better understanding of coaching then GW's does anyways.

I mean he is mostly a defensive type coach. BUT, He knows how to make a team a BALANCED team to match up well against teams he plays against.

Also, He knows how to get good players & to draft good franchise players.

Herm is WAY better than GW's when it comes to the head coaching department. :gossip:

:gobills:

The Spaz
12-04-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Sparda

I mean he is mostly a defensive type coach. BUT, He knows how to make a team a BALANCED team to match up well against teams he plays against.

Also, He knows how to get good players & to draft good franchise players.

Herm is WAY better than GW's when it comes to the head coaching department. :gossip:

:gobills:

I agree except for the drafting part I don't think he has anything to do with that and if he does he doen't have a good record with it.

The Natrix
12-04-2003, 01:39 PM
o man, Herm in Buffalo would be great. He's my favorite coach in the League.

IHateTheDullphins
12-04-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
o man, Herm in Buffalo would be great. He's my favorite coach in the League.

I agree 100%:up:

SuperJetFan
12-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Fellas... fellas... fellas... I love the envy, but keep dreaming. The owner loves Big Herm, the players love Big Herm, the fans love Big Herm...

Get rid off the west coast off.? Are you kidding me? When you have a quarterback like Chad, who makes it look like he invented the wco by himself, you keep whatever works.

Bledsoe is all arm.. Chad is accuracy and timing.. that's why the Offense works for us.

About Herm... dream a little dream.. he's not leaving NY until he has that ring.. and that will be soon..

IHateTheDullphins
12-04-2003, 02:51 PM
Yeah, Buffalo, NY. Shouldn't you get back to that cab you drive? :snicker:

Mr. Miyagi
12-04-2003, 03:28 PM
Herm would be alright, but I'd take Haslett over Herm any day of the week.

TigerJ
12-04-2003, 04:56 PM
I don't have time to read the whole thread, so I don't know if anyone else posted this, but I don't think so. On WGR radio they were interviewing at sports guy from NYC who said when rumors surfaced about an excape clause in Herm E's contract his radio station looked into it. The Jets specifically deny that there is such a clause. Despite a sometimes testy relationship with Cottrell, Herm loves Pennington and reportedly will stay with the Jets as long as he is QB and the Jets want him.

The_Philster
12-04-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Sparda
My cat has a better understanding of coaching that GW does.

caveboy
12-04-2003, 11:03 PM
But we don't have a Pennington. With Testerverde in there, the Jests looked lousy and people were calling for this guy's head. Chad's back and somehow he's a genius now. He's got a pretty good D-co-ordinator in Cottrell as we all know, (even though they are ranked 27th overall). Hackett sucks as bad as KG.

I say he stays in NY. Why would he leave?