PDA

View Full Version : These Draft/Free Agency Threads Are Interesting

E-Klips
12-04-2003, 09:58 AM
A lot of you guys have put together some interesting groups of personnel. This should be a very active offseason for the Bills. One thing I've noticed about the plans some of you have come up with is how you seem to get good quality all around. Let me explain:

Pass Rusher vs Defensive Playmaker

If you choose between someone like Will Smith of Ohio State or Sean Taylor of Miami, you have to take into consideration the rest of the DEs and FSs available. If you could get a pass rusher like Claude Harriott of Pittsburgh in the later rounds while taking Taylor in the first, will you be better off than taking someone like Will Allen of Ohio State later on and drafting Smith first? In this case, I would get Taylor and the best pass rusher available. I'd be willing to bet that you'd get better value that way than getting Smith and the best safety available.

Overall, people like Tatonka and R Rich have done a good job of finding a decent mix of talent across the board. I can't wait to see what really happens.

R. Rich
12-04-2003, 01:26 PM
That's what it boils down to for me; getting the best available talent at as many positions as you can. I wouldn't want to add a couple of stud players and then put a bunch of average guys around them. By taking the time to evaluate as many players as possible, you can find some real hidden gems out there.