Did the strength of schedule get us again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Did the strength of schedule get us again?

It has seemed for years that we have a tough yearly schedule. I took a look at the Sagarin Rankings this morning...

Interesting. We, again, have the 3rd hardest schedule in the league...after the next 4 games I bet we end up with the hardest. Not looking for excuses but it is interesting nonetheless.

More...The Bills are ranked 13th. A couple of wins squandered and this team is easily in the top 10.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

We do have a tough schedule, but the problem is we haven't won against the weaker teams. Dallas, Houston and the Jets had no business beating us- move those 3 to the win column and the strength of schedule doesn't affect us.

But how did we end up with such a tough schedule? we were last in the division last year.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Under the reorganization plan that took effect in the 2002 season, a team's record no longer has much bearing on how weak or strong its schedule is, but the biggest factor is that free agency and cap issues have the potential to allow a team to make a significant improvement in a single year. Dallas and Houston both have much better records this year than last whether or not we should have beaten them.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Or a team can spend a lot of money on free agents and do worse... but we wouldn't know anything about that....
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• socalfan
          Old Fogey from Cali
          • Feb 2003

I can't put a lot of weight on this type of statistic, because if you get the crap beat out of you, by good teams or bad teams...then you are still a bad team.

Comment

Working...
          X