PDA

View Full Version : My Dream 2004 Bills Draft and FA Class

shadowfax
12-04-2003, 02:05 PM
1. WR Larry Fitzgerald

We trade our 1st, 4th, 6th, and 7th to the cardinals, who have their hearts set on Manning and need some rebuilding picks. A 4 for 1 trade could also take a lot of heat off the card's front office, who are constantly lambasted for not engineering their draft.

Fitzgerald has all-pro written all over him, and he's the kind of solid character kid that Donahoe likes. We absolutely MUST draft an impact WR with speed. You can't have one speed receiver, and Eric isn't getting any younger. Eventually, Eric will likely devolve into a stud slot receiver as he begins to lose a step. I don't believe he has yet...I'm talking 2-3 years down the road.

2. TE Ben Watson

We need a big, speedy TE with good hands who can take pressure off our WRs and open up the middle of the field. Campbell is good, but he'll never be a probowler, and isn't reliable either in blocking or receiving.

Watson is 6-3, 253 and runs a fuggin 4.45. And unlike Winslow, he can actually block.

3. QB Phil Rivers. We need another QB who brings other dimensions to the offense. TSN says of Rivers: Rivers has terrific size, good touch and timing. He has adequate accuracy in the short-to-intermediate zones and shows good touch on the deep ball. He does a nice job of throwing on the run and making things happen after the play has broken down. Rivers is a decent athlete with good running skills despite a so-so time in the 40-yard dash. He is a tremendous leader and competitor, and h has everything you look for in terms of intangibles. He is terrific under pressure.

Some will argue that Cody Pickett, if available, is a better pick because he has better mechanics and deep ball. But not many scouts like his intangibles, and many are comparing Rivers to a more mobile Ramsey; Rivers has ancanny knack for escaping pressure.

4. Traded
5. RB michael turner (travis,willis,turner, morris: yum)

TSN says: Is an impressive runner with good bulk, strength and speed. He is one of the faster running backs in this class. Has the speed to turn the corner, and shows a second gear in the open field. Shows adequate vision and patience as a runner. Lowers shoulder before contact. Is tough and scrappy, and is just as effective running inside as outside. Shows good body control and the ability to cutback without losing much momentum. Shows burst to and through the hole. Has the tools to develop into a weapon in the passing game with experience.

His Div 1-a competition and lack of experience as a receiver and blocker could make him available here.

6. Traded
7. To Cleveland (Mark Cambell Trade)

Free agency:

Bring in one WR prospect. We probably won't win the Darrel Jackson or TO hunt, and if we do pick a WR in the first round we won't be bringing in any big name WRs in FA.

But there is one name that would be a REALLY nice addition: Justin McCareins. The kid makes plays and tough catches. We need to prevent the situation we found ourselves in here, and make sure we have a WR corp that can play at this level. We all had high hopes for Coleman, but where has he been?

Sign Adam Timmerman to play right guard.
Sign Matt Stinchcomb to play left guard.

(We love ya Ruben, but take a paycut to stay a Bill in a depth role, or...)

Assuming the Jets release Josh Evans, SIGN HIM SIGN HIM SIGN HIM!

Sign Damian Woody if the pats don't franchise him or lure him back. If they do, sign Fontenot of the Saints.

Sign Erik Hicks, DE

This seems like a lotta FA activity, but we're due to have at least 13 million in cap space, before any cuts/restructures. This seems doable to me. But I have these rose-colored glasses on, and I might need some more data.

Tatonka
12-04-2003, 02:10 PM
one small problem. larry fitzgerald is not coming out. he does not have 3 years of eligability, and he has no plans on challenging the nfl on that.

zone
12-04-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by shadowfax
1. WR Larry Fitzgerald

Man I wish we could get him!

zone
12-04-2003, 02:14 PM
Bring in one WR prospect. We probably won't win the Darrel Jackson or TO hunt,

E. Moulds said TO would like to play here, he also said he would be willing to take a cut to have that happen.

Could you imagine TO and Moulds, and Willis, and T.Henry in the backfield..... man could you even try to stop that?

shadowfax
12-04-2003, 03:05 PM
that's not what i've heard/read. TSN's most recent draft site update has a thingy that his first year exempts him, and that the NFL isn't going to challenge him. He's going to be the first or second WR taken.

venis2k1
12-04-2003, 03:10 PM
1. fitz is definatly not eligible for this years draft, roy williams is the stud WR in this draft.

2. cutting reuben brown wouldnt save us anything capwise, its better to just play him this year.

Mr. Miyagi
12-04-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by zone

E. Moulds said TO would like to play here, he also said he would be willing to take a cut to have that happen.
Link?

shadowfax
12-04-2003, 03:23 PM
FROM TSN:

After spending all that money in the offseason on Peerless Price, the Falcons would think long and hard about trading out of this pick, but taking Fitzgerald here would give them one of the NFL's most explosive offenses next season. The league likely will yield to Fitzgerald's appeal to become draft-eligible because he spent one year at military school between high school and college. If that's the case, Fitzgerald will be a top-five pick. He is the complete package in terms of size, speed and playmaking skills. He also is as great a person off the field as he is a player on the field, which is becoming more important as a result of wideouts such as Keyshawn Johnson and Terrell Owens.

that's not what i've heard/read. TSN's most recent draft site update has a thingy that his first year exempts him, and that the NFL isn't going to challenge him. He's going to be the first or second WR taken.

venis2k1
12-04-2003, 03:28 PM
well if he spent a year at a military or prep school, then he is 3 years removed from high school and can enter the draft, however, i have not heard of him even hint at the possibility of forgoing his junior or senior year.

Tatonka
12-04-2003, 05:13 PM
yeah.. i think that is total speculation.. i heard it straight from fitzgeralds mouth on the jim rome show last week or so, that he has no intention of leaving pitt yet, and that he loves it there.

TigerJ
12-04-2003, 10:21 PM
Regarding Terrell Owens, I think it was on his Empire Sports show a few weeks ago that Moulds is supposed to have said that he and TO are good friends, and that both of them would like for TO to be able to come to Buffalo. I didn't see the show, so I don't know if he said anything about taking a pay cuy to make it happen. It's conceivable though. I think Moulds is pretty intense about his football and maybe not quite as mercenary as some players.

SABURZFAN
12-05-2003, 05:47 AM
trading 4 draft picks to move up for one player is rediculous.draft picks are too valuable to just give up.i'd rather trade down and get an extra pick or two.

hurls
12-05-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Link?

Take your link, and shove it up your patty. You people who always complain for a link irritate me. Ever hear of watching ESPN, or the Empire Sports Report? Or listening to ESPN radio? We can't provide a link to something on the radio, or on tv. There's more to sports than the internet.

Dozerdog
12-05-2003, 07:07 AM

Could you imagine TO and Moulds, and Willis, and T.Henry in the backfield..... man could you even try to stop that?

We have 3 of the 4 already. People stop us pretty easy

Dozerdog
12-05-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by slruh
Take your link, and shove it up your patty. You people who always complain for a link irritate me. Ever hear of watching ESPN, or the Empire Sports Report? Or listening to ESPN radio? We can't provide a link to something on the radio, or on tv. There's more to sports than the internet.

If you hear it on the radio or a place that's not verifiable, then say so.

Should we get our news or rumors from Willis McGahee's cousin's best freinds?

Geesh hurls, maybee it's possible they want to read in what context TSN's Fitzgerald report was in, or if it was reported in the media somewhere other than a call in show or whatever.

Seeing is beleiving I guess.

TedMock
12-05-2003, 08:04 AM

If we don't improve our OL then it's easy to stop. Without a quality line all the best skill positions in the world can't succeed.

bobblehead
12-05-2003, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by shadowfax
5. RB michael turner (travis,willis,turner, morris: yum)

TSN says: Is an impressive runner with good bulk, strength and speed. He is one of the faster running backs in this class. Has the speed to turn the corner, and shows a second gear in the open field. Shows adequate vision and patience as a runner. Lowers shoulder before contact. Is tough and scrappy, and is just as effective running inside as outside. Shows good body control and the ability to cutback without losing much momentum. Shows burst to and through the hole. Has the tools to develop into a weapon in the passing game with experience.

His Div 1-a competition and lack of experience as a receiver and blocker could make him available here.

"The Burner" would be a great, great pickup. The problem is that I'm not so sure I agree that he will be available at 5. Northern Illinois broke the top 20 during the year, and have some upsets (Maryland, Iowa State, Alabama) under their belt. I believe they were part of that weekend when all the MAC conference teams (except UB) beat all their nationally-ranked opponents. They were beat by Bowling Green though, which dropped them in the rankings, so that is in sync with the lack of competition angle.

My point is, that at the end of the day, I think Turner was showcased enough, and has too much of a name now to go this long in the draft.

hurls
12-05-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

If you hear it on the radio or a place that's not verifiable, then say so.

Should we get our news or rumors from Willis McGahee's cousin's best freinds?

Geesh hurls, maybee it's possible they want to read in what context TSN's Fitzgerald report was in, or if it was reported in the media somewhere other than a call in show or whatever.

Seeing is beleiving I guess.

Whatever. What I know is with most people , even seeing isn't enough to believe. Can never fully please some.