PDA

View Full Version : I just dont get it......

JD
12-04-2003, 02:43 PM
WHY IN THE HELL ARE SOME HOME GAMES NOT TELEVIZED?

IS EMPIRE THAT POOR THAT THEY CANT SHOW A GAME AT HOME ALL THE TIME?

:madshake:

JD
12-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Hmmm, lets sit home and watch boxing, WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WATCHES BOXING? Sure watch some of the heavy weights like hollyfield and that, but these little women? ....please

SkateZilla
12-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by JD SabreFan

no..
other events,
and the fact that they cant deconstruct the camera equipment and move it and have it setup by the next nite (Amatuers)

JD
12-04-2003, 02:55 PM
Oh, thats a lame excuse for them. How long does it take!!! If it takes them the whole night and day to hook it all up then so be it!

Im gonna see if I can get Tix real quick for the game.

I the end I
12-06-2003, 10:01 AM
I get to see most of the games. I have the NHL Center Ice package.

shelby
12-06-2003, 10:05 AM
Center Ice rawks.:up: It is well worth the investment.

Dozerdog
12-06-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by SkateZilla
no..
other events,
and the fact that they cant deconstruct the camera equipment and move it and have it setup by the next nite (Amatuers)

No teams bring their own TV equipment. Each arena has the TV stuff in place and the road teams use the home team's feed. On rare occasions, ESPN or anothe rnational sports network (CBC, ABC)may bring in additional cameras and their own Control room truck- and their directors may use different camera angles- but the standard 5-6 cameras used are the same as usual.

Dozerdog
12-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by shelby
13 games on the tube tonight!!!!

One of the things I love to do is when the Sabres play the Bruins, or if a Sabres game is on ESPN, is to put one network on the PIP while watching another.

During the action they use the same camera shots- but between whistles, they sow different angles- So you could see a guy headed to the sin bin in one shot while the other network shows you a close up of the coach screaming a tthe refs. It's kinda cool!

Fennernen
12-06-2003, 11:36 AM

Oh, thats a lame excuse for them. How long does it take!!! If it takes them the whole night and day to hook it all up then so be it!

Im gonna see if I can get Tix real quick for the game.

See? The system works... A lot of teams will not televise some of their home guys as a way to force fans to buy tickets to go see them... I know Ottawa does that alot, if you go to Ottawa when Buffalo is in town, don't expect to watch it on their local station... But judging by JD's last comment, it seems like not televising the home games gets fans out there...

pyrrhonist
12-06-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by shelby

I can only but agree. :rocker:

Plus, if a Sabres game gets out of control (Remember the Canucks game?), I can switch over to a more competitive game. But basically, I had to subscribe to Centre Ice to be able to watch Buffalo's games here in California.

Dozerdog
12-06-2003, 02:15 PM
Last Friday games started at noon (Bruins-Phoenix) and went through to midnight. Saturday was more of the same.

I think the NHL kinda blew it today- not much college football on as competition- they should have put up a game or two in the afternoon.

For my FHL, I use ESPN's player tracker- I have all my guys loaded in and it provides me live timing and scoring- so when I see a game getting interesting I'll flip over.

Dozerdog
12-06-2003, 02:15 PM
And you got to get your fix of Don Cherry and Satelite hot stove on HNIC

fushetti
12-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Guys, one or two home games not televized is no biggie. But, its something that Larry Quinn likes to do.

This could be like in 97-98 when Quinn televised only like 5 of the first 10 home games. Do people really flock to HSBC to see Atlanta and Phoenix? When i was a kid, my dad used to make me pick the games that weren't on tv and we'd go to them. Some people will actually go when it isn't on.

Dozerdog
12-06-2003, 04:11 PM
Lucky you don't live in places where they charge big bucks to get the games on pay per view. I think Chicago for the longest time did that.

fushetti
12-06-2003, 04:24 PM
Yeah, we're lucky we're not Chicago. They dont' televise any home games at all.

JD
12-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Sometimes, Ill watch the canadian station cbc i think it is, and turn on the surround sound speakers of wnsa just to hear rick n jim, its not the same type of game without them ya know?

Fennernen
12-07-2003, 01:17 AM
Nice... good old Canadian hockey announcers... but of course, they don't even hold a torch to Jeanneret... but they do blow those frickin' Pittsburgh announcers out of the water, man those guys are boring, dead air for like 10 seconds at a time, absolutly terrible.