PDA

View Full Version : What would have to happen ...

HenryRules
12-04-2003, 06:44 PM
I don't want this to get into a sarcastic discussion or anything, I'm being serious.

What would have to happen (or is it possible) for our coaches to save their jobs?

At the beginning of the season, I figured we were a 9-7 team, and if we end up 9-7, I think they should keep their jobs regardless of playoffs.

Throne Logic
12-04-2003, 07:33 PM
I don't care if they somehow win out, everyone ahead of them looses, and they miraculously make the play-offs. I do not believe Gilbride is capable of consistently good coaching. I also believe that GW lacks the clout to be a Head Coach. Not too sure about Jerry. There's the whole Lebeau influence in there, as well as, GW's. JG may or may not be the one making the defense show various hints of greatness. Of course, the defense is also inconsistent, regardless of their ranking. So, I won't shed any tears if there were a wholesale change. The only one I would feel bad about changing, is Rusty Jones - but he's not part of the coaching staff. . .

helmetguy
12-04-2003, 07:36 PM
At the bare minimum, KG will be gone; regardless of our final record. While the Defense has made great strides forward, the offense has regressed. GW had his mulligan with Sheppard as OC and won't get another one TD will address the personnel issues for the offense in the offseason and, given his penchant for continuity, will probably look first to elevate LeBeau to HC and promote Steckel to OC, or leave the OC selection up to LeBeau. The Bills would be hard pressed to justify GW staying. He doesn't deserve an extension.

G. Host
12-04-2003, 08:00 PM
Other teams sucking should not be a good reason for GW and Gilbride to stay!

Turf
12-04-2003, 08:36 PM
GW would have to noticeably out coach NE. Aint gonna happen. In three years, he has NEVER NEVER EVER outcoached ANYONE. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER.

OpIv37
12-04-2003, 09:00 PM
The only way that walking sack of man tit should keep his job is if the Bills not only miraculously make the playoffs but also miraculously win the Super Bowl. and that will NEVER happen (this season- next year's a different story). Even if we finish 9-7 and get the miraculous lucky breaks to sneak in, there's no way in hell we can call this a good season

The_Philster
12-05-2003, 03:02 AM
Hell would have to freeze over...and I know it hasn't been that cold in Buffalo so far this year so.....