PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger

yle
12-04-2003, 07:45 PM
Anyone else watching the Miami (OH) / Bowling Green game on ESPN? This kid looks like something special. He's big, agile, accurate, strong arm, still accurate when throwing on the run.

Right now, there's 4 minutes left in the second quarter, and he's 17 of 23 for 254 yards and 3 TDs.

The Spaz
12-04-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by yledust
Anyone else watching the Miami (OH) / Bowling Green game on ESPN? This kid looks like something special. He's big, agile, accurate, strong arm, still accurate when throwing on the run.

Right now, there's 4 minutes left in the second quarter, and he's 17 of 23 for 254 yards and 3 TDs.

Josh Harris has nothing on this guy!:beer:

yle
12-04-2003, 07:51 PM
They are shutting Harris down so far.

mypoorfriendme
12-04-2003, 08:26 PM
ok this is what ive learned today....erik flowers will be badass on the rams now that hes not a bill, were going to win out and just miss playoffs and finish with a record just good enough to get a crappy draft pick and roethlisburger will go one pick ahead of us come april.....BILLS' LUCK BABY!!!

Dozerdog
12-04-2003, 08:31 PM
Harris is over rated

The Spaz
12-04-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Harris is over rated

It's beginnning to look that way for sure in both games against Big Ben he hasn't done anything.

Turf
12-04-2003, 08:48 PM
How many zonebucks do you owe me Spaz? I forgot by now.....

The Spaz
12-04-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
How many zonebucks do you owe me Spaz? I forgot by now.....

Move on you've been paid anyway!

:shakeno:

The Spaz
12-04-2003, 08:54 PM
Ben Roethlisberger:drool:

The Natrix
12-04-2003, 09:03 PM
I don't like Harris at all. Not sure what some of you guys see in him.

The Spaz
12-04-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
I don't like Harris at all. Not sure what some of you guys see in him.

I know but it's not politically correct.:whisper:

Dozerdog
12-04-2003, 09:43 PM
NOW THAT WAS INTERESTING!!!

In garbage time, the ESPN announcers tell the story of how Rothlesberger played against Nick Saban's LSU squad last season. LSU 33, Miami-OH 7 (http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2002/09/16/spt_lsu_33_miami_7.html) Roethlesberger sends an eloquent e-mail to Saban after the game thanking his team for the classy way their team played the game- not running it up/not trash talking / not rubbing it in.

Saban was so impressed, he put the letter up on the LSU football website. The fans at LSU became Roethlesberger fans- cheering Miami of Ohio scores whenever they were announced at LSU home games.

Now.....If we can get Saban in as coach o the Bills- and if Roethlesberger is available...and Sean Taylor has been scooped up, as well as Will smith... what do you think???:D

OK- It's a ton of Ifs/ands/buts.... but I like it....

TigerJ
12-04-2003, 09:48 PM
I think the biggest difference between Roethlisberger and Harris is that Roethlisberger is much more polished and NFL ready. That's why he will go in the top half of round one and Harris will go in round three or four. Harris has talent, a strong arm and is reasonably accurate, but he doesn't seem as ready to take over a game when the team really needs him to. Hearing Tom Donahoe, I frankly don't think Buffalo is in the market for an elite QB who could conceivably start next year. He still believes that if Bledsoe is surrounded with the right talent and the rest of the offence plays up to what it should, he will be productive and Buffalo will win games. The interviewer (Bulldog on WGR) didn't press him on the work of Kevin Gilbride. But I heard enough out of Donahoe that I suspect even if Roethlisberger were available when Buffalo picks, the Bills won't take him. That is unless he goes with the "best player" approach and Roethlisberger is obviously the best guy available. I do think the Bills might take a QB later in the draft, but it will be someone who comes cheaper and who won't be expected to start for at least a year or two. That could be Harris, but there's a bunch of guys in that classification.

The Spaz
12-04-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
NOW THAT WAS INTERESTING!!!

In garbage time, the ESPN announcers tell the story of how Rothlesberger played against Nick Saban's LSU squad last season. LSU 33, Miami-OH 7 (http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2002/09/16/spt_lsu_33_miami_7.html) Roethlesberger sends an eloquent e-mail to Saban after the game thanking his team for the classy way their team played the game- not running it up/not trash talking / not rubbing it in.

Saban was so impressed, he put the letter up on the LSU football website. The fans at LSU became Roethlesberger fans- cheering Miami of Ohio scores whenever they were announced at LSU home games.

Now.....If we can get Saban in as coach o the Bills- and if Roethlesberger is available...and Sean Taylor has been scooped up, as well as Will smith... what do you think???:D

OK- It's a ton of Ifs/ands/buts.... but I like it....

:drool:

Tatonka
12-04-2003, 10:06 PM
no offense to winfield26, but harris smokes pole.. i have watched 3 of his games now.. and he has sucked a donkey dong in2 of them.

big ben looks real good... how bout we trade up and get taylor and big ben :D

or just take rivers in the 3rd and grab van pelt as a ufa :D

TigerJ
12-04-2003, 10:10 PM
You do have a way with words, Tatonka.

eyedog
12-04-2003, 10:24 PM
Tatonka is right. Harris is nothing more than an NFL backup. BR is going top-5 in the draft and is for real.

The Spaz
12-04-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by eyedog
Tatonka is right. Harris is nothing more than an NFL backup. BR is going top-5 in the draft and is for real.

Don't know how high he'll go but the one mock I saw had him going 6th to Pittsburgh!:mad::madcloud:

eyedog
12-04-2003, 10:33 PM
He sure didn't hurt his stock tonight.

DraftBoy
12-05-2003, 12:35 AM
I take no offenses to T's comments. Ben is the real deal he'll be a terrific QB. But also I think your undermine Harris's talents by just a wee bit. 2 games does not make the QB. If you watched last weeks game vs. Toledo you would see just a glimpse of what he has to offer. He is not anywhere near complete. He has alot to learn and alot to develop like touch on his deep ball, when to run and when not to. Alot I think is his system the spread offense is not the best to guage offensive talent in.

nolimit
12-05-2003, 06:35 AM
Miami 's D did a real nice job against Harris! But he still is very raw! He is the type of qb the Buills will be looking for, one that is raw but has a boatload of talent! He can sit and learn the NFL game for the next couple of years while drew plays!

Plus, you guys are comparing apples to oranges! Ben is a top 5-10 pick! Harris is a late 2nd-4th rounder! Its like comparing Rohan Davey to David Carr! I still would take Harris in a heartbeat!

Tatonka
12-05-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
I take no offenses to T's comments. Ben is the real deal he'll be a terrific QB. But also I think your undermine Harris's talents by just a wee bit. 2 games does not make the QB. If you watched last weeks game vs. Toledo you would see just a glimpse of what he has to offer. He is not anywhere near complete. He has alot to learn and alot to develop like touch on his deep ball, when to run and when not to. Alot I think is his system the spread offense is not the best to guage offensive talent in.

that was the other game i watched of his.. the toledo game. and he did look good. it desturbs me when a qb gets whooped though in big games.. and harris is a senior.. he should not need alot more time...

i dont know.. there is just something about the guy that i am really not sold on.. maybe i am way off.. and if he becomes a bill.. then i really hope i am way off... i just like what i see from rivers a heck of alot more.. at this point at least.

ryven
12-05-2003, 07:52 AM
I say if ben by some chance is around by the time we pick we should take it as a sign from god and take him. otherwise wait to get a QB in later rounds like rivers or harris, but if we stick with the best player avalible and ben is there you dont pass up on a chance like that.

HAMMER
12-05-2003, 10:37 PM
If Roethlesberger is available at our #1 you take him without question. He is a franchise QB. Drew Bledsoe is very definitely on the downside of his career and has NOT looked good. I like Drew Bledsoe a lot. He seems to be a good man, is a better than average QB, but he has had problems finishing the job in really big games. I can go on about specific strengths and weaknesses but you get the jist.

I like Sean Taylor, but the QB has the ball in his hands every offensive play. When a guy like this comes along you grab him if you don't already have a Manning, a Pennington, or a Vick.

DraftBoy
12-05-2003, 10:48 PM
If Big Ben is there at our pick then the rest of the league decided to act like the Vikings.

HAMMER
12-06-2003, 03:27 AM
Win-

True!

eyedog
12-06-2003, 10:42 AM
He won't be around when the Bills pick, but if he is then it's a no brainer pick. You never pass up a franchise qb.

Dozerdog
12-06-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
... i just like what i see from rivers a heck of alot more.. at this point at least.

Mel Kiper just compared Rivers to Bernie Kosar.....:couch:

R. Rich
12-06-2003, 11:26 AM
Yeah, if he's available to the Bills when they pick, they'd be stupid to pass up on Roethlisberger. Like many others, I don't see it happening though. He'll be long gone by our pick. Now, Taylor may be possible and if he's there, we had better take him!

Bert102176
12-06-2003, 07:27 PM
I would like Manning if we can grab him