• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LouGrant
    The Zone Editor
    • Jul 2002

Hull to join Bills' Wall of Fame Sunday

By John Wawrow, Associated Press, 10/3/2002 18:56

Kent Hull will receive the Buffalo Bills' highest honor on Sunday when his name is added to Ralph Wilson Stadium's Wall of Fame.

That's a far cry from where Hull, unsure of whether he had what it took to make it in the NFL, thought he was headed when he first arrived in Buffalo in 1986.

''I went to Buffalo with one thing in mind, and that was to make the football team. It was going to be my last opportunity,'' Hull recalled earlier this week. ''I told my wife, 'If it don't work out, I'll finally come home and go back to cattle farming.'''

The cattle-farming plans would have to wait.

Hull spent the next 11 seasons in Buffalo, where he started 170 games, the most by a center in franchise history, emerged as a leader on a team that won an unprecedented four consecutive AFC titles, and was credited for being a key component in helping make the Jim Kelly ''K-Gun,'' no-huddle offense work.

And yet, Hull still laughs about the his jitters when he signed with the Bills following the demise of the U.S. Football League.

...MORE...
    Get into the Zone
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Congrats Kent!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

The guy's a total class act. They had an interview with him on Empire yesterday talking about the Hall of Fame. As far as he was concerned, the Bills Wall of Fame was just as good.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Re: Hull to join Bills' Wall of Fame Sunday

Originally posted by LouGrant

Kent Hull will receive the Buffalo Bills' highest honor on Sunday when his name is added to Ralph Wilson Stadium's Wall of Fame.
        I think if you ask the Bills themselves, they'd probably say the highest honor is a guaranteed contract...at least, that's what they'd say in private.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

what took so long?
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
          X