PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Wilson Purchases Over 3,000 Tickets For Boys and Girls Clubs of Western NY!

Michael82
12-05-2003, 09:09 AM
Bills owner Ralph Wilson, Jr. has purchased the remaining 3,000 plus tickets for this Sunday's game with the Jets and donated them to the Boys and Girls Clubs of Western New York.

Wilson's generosity beats the NFL's Blackout deadline of 4:15 p.m. today, enabling local CBS affiliates in Western New York to broadcast the game. All seven Bills regular season home games have been televised locally this year with sellouts prior to the deadline for each game..........This game marked the second time this season Wilson has purchased a large block of tickets to a Bills game and donated them to a service organization in Western New York. He donated more than 4,000 tickets to the Bills-Texans game on November 16 to the families of area military service men and women who have served in Iraq as a way of saying thank you.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=217492&dsp=press

Michael82
12-05-2003, 09:11 AM
So, he has purchased OVER 7,000 tickets just to keep the Bills on TV? What a guy! :up: :up: to Ralph!

Great job! :bf1:

OpIv37
12-05-2003, 10:14 AM
Actually, for the Texans game he planned on doing that well before the blackout thing was an issue- which is better IMHO. He did it out of pure generosity- no additional motivation needed.

I love it when Ralph does this though- it really shows how committed he is to the city and the fans. The NFL's blackout rule is complete BS- it makes no exceptions for smaller markets. Not to mention that gate and concession revenue are only a small fraction of the NFL's income- most of it is from advertising, endorsements and TV royalties.

Mr. Miyagi
12-05-2003, 10:25 AM
:hail: Old Ralph

Michael82
12-05-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by OpIv37
Actually, for the Texans game he planned on doing that well before the blackout thing was an issue- which is better IMHO. He did it out of pure generosity- no additional motivation needed.

I love it when Ralph does this though- it really shows how committed he is to the city and the fans. The NFL's blackout rule is complete BS- it makes no exceptions for smaller markets. Not to mention that gate and concession revenue are only a small fraction of the NFL's income- most of it is from advertising, endorsements and TV royalties.

He actually scooped up the Texans tickets way ahead of time so he could give them to the military people! :up:

JayWood
12-05-2003, 11:33 AM
:pir: Thank You Mr. Wilson, the fans or Buffalo appreciate all you have done. What a class act!!

IHateTheDullphins
12-05-2003, 11:37 AM
Ralph Wilson continues to be the Class of the NFL. He's a living legend, IMHO. I hate to think about what things will be like when he's not around. I get the feeling, that once he's not around anymore, the team will be moved. :(

OpIv37
12-05-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
Ralph Wilson continues to be the Class of the NFL. He's a living legend, IMHO. I hate to think about what things will be like when he's not around. I get the feeling, that once he's not around anymore, the team will be moved. :(

I could see the NFL wanting a bigger market, but how can you leave a city that sells 70,000 seats when the team has a losing record and the weather is the worst in the NFL (maybe 2nd worst to GB but the point holds)?

AG75
12-05-2003, 10:17 PM
That is so awesome that he did that!!! He has to be the coolest owner in the NFL. Too bad I have to work though and will not be able to see the game :(

AG75
12-05-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37

I could see the NFL wanting a bigger market, but how can you leave a city that sells 70,000 seats when the team has a losing record and the weather is the worst in the NFL (maybe 2nd worst to GB but the point holds)?
I agree with you, but I would be lying of I said I was not concerned about this as well. What really pi$$es me off is the mere thought of this team moving to L.A., a city that barely supported their own teams(Raiders and Rams)..I really hope the NFL is not so obsessed with having another team in their market because it is the 2nd biggest when in no way, shape or form has the L.A. market ever been as supportive of their teams win or lose as Buffalo has been.

If Ralph passes on someday, I really hope someone really rich who passed on buying the Sabres snags the team :(

Historian
12-06-2003, 01:05 PM
Way to go Ralph! Kudos!!!!

Now go get a real COACH!

Dozerdog
12-06-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by AG75
I agree with you, but I would be lying of I said I was not concerned about this as well. What really pi$$es me off is the mere thought of this team moving to L.A., a city that barely supported their own teams(Raiders and Rams)..I really hope the NFL is not so obsessed with having another team in their market because it is the 2nd biggest when in no way, shape or form has the L.A. market ever been as supportive of their teams win or lose as Buffalo has been.

If Ralph passes on someday, I really hope someone really rich who passed on buying the Sabres snags the team :(

Why not have Golisano buy the Bills? He's got the moolah

The_Philster
12-06-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Why not have Golisano buy the Bills? He's got the moolah
I think he'd have to give up the Sabres though. :scratch:

justasportsfan
12-06-2003, 03:51 PM
So Mickey, have you received your tickets yet? Oh shoot, he bought them for Buffalo Scouts only... sorry.