• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Panthers look to get back on winning track

A week removed from their second win of the season, the Arizona Cardinals will travel to Carolina to take on the 3-1 Panthers in a Week 5 matchup on Sunday.

The Cardinals defeated their former division rival, the New York Giants, last week, 21-7. Running back Marcel Shipp led the way, rushing for 92 yards and a touchdown on 17 carries. He also chipped in by catching five balls for 39 yards and a score.

"There was a lot of motivation for me in the offseason, because they questioned the backup running back spot," Shipp said. "I had to prove a lot of people wrong, and I did that."

The Panthers are still licking the wounds from their first loss of the season, a 17-14 setback to the Green Bay Packers. Kicker Shayne Graham had the chance to send the game into overtime with a 24-yard field goal at the end of the fourth quarter, but his kick went wide right, ending the Panthers' unbeaten streak at three.

Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com
Working...
X