X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shadowfax
    • Jan 2003

playing mcgahee would be fuggin idiotic

no back comes back within ONE year of blowing all three ligaments and does anything of note. EJames tore one lig and wasn't the same for two full seasons.

The Bills are already getting lambasted in the media for even considering it. If anything happens to willis, and our season is all for naught anyway, I won't be able to watch any ESPN, cuz they're going to be all over the Bills like flies on *****t.
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Marketing... he or Henry have to fetch a top 10 pick. ACC

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• venis2k1
      Youboty can hope
      • Jul 2002

if Mcgahee says he is good to go, and his doctor says he is good to go, and the bills doctor says he is good to go...wait, shadow says no, back on the bench willis.

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

The Juice Knows-

Marketing, if Willis kills it the next 4 weeks the options are endless. That being said, you don't trade a proven for an unknown until ya know.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

I have no idea what his true condition is. If there was a hint of prolems I'd bench the guy. But who knows? He could have been fine the past month, and they were overcautios in holding him out until now.

If Willis is ready, the knee is ok, he's schooled on the offense, the doctors give the thumbs up, and the coaches think he's good- then get him in there.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

It would be interesting how this kid can handle frigid temps. This has to be the coldest game he's played in (if he plays)

Comment

• Frez
              • Oct 2003

I think we will see Willis just a few plays. I think the Bills just want to get his feet wet and see how he responds. Don't expect much from him this year.

Comment

• Rubin Shore
                • Dec 2003

Playing Mcgahee is stupid. We have a very slim chance of making the playoff's, so why not do what has been working, and that is Travis Henry. He has played and ran like a Bison. He is strong and he nows how to play the game. Keep him in the and let him do his job!

Comment

• shelby
                  The Vanilla admin
                  • Jul 2002

Welcome to the Zone Rubin. i agree with you about TH. However, until Willis gets out there, we won't know how he has recovered from his injury, physically AND mentally.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

The Bills have declined to play McGahee in some critical games in the last month. Why did they not play him? He wasn't ready. I thought at the beginning of the season the Bills might play McGahee with the thought of trading Henry in the offseason, but I don't think enough time remains in the season to get a good enough read on McGahee to risk trading Henry. Besides, Tom Donahoe has already said he has no inclination to get rid of either TH or WM in the upcoming offseason. Thus I think that "marketing" has nothing to do with this. Besides if it were marketing, I think the risk does outweigh the benefit. The primary risk from a marketing standpoint is that McGahee won't be very productive in any reps he gets this season. There is more negative risk to his trade value than potential upside if Buffalo thinks to trade him this offseason.

I think, given the Bills' inclination to let him sit for the past month because he wasn't ready, that we can probably trust that the Bills' medical staff believes there is no significant risk of reinjury. GW said in his comments to the media that up to this point McGahee's legs weren't under him. He likened it to early in training camp when players all of a sudden step up their running a lot. It takes a while for them to get acclimated to the extra stress. I assume for McGahee it took longer than usual because of the surgery, and the extended layoff. While he had been rehabbing all the time, that may not have included the kind of gruelling work that he's had to do since he's been able to practice.

I think, given the Bills indication that both McGahee and TH will be here next year, the primary purpose of playing McGahee now is to let him have a feel for the pro game and gain some confidence going into the offseason that he's going to be able to go full bore next season.

I'm sure, if by some chance, something bad did happen, the Bills brass will be second guessed from here to eternity, but in the meantime, I just don't see the point of pretending we're all experts and know what's best for McGahee. I support the decision to play him.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

I agree with Frez that we are probably not going to see McGahee a lot, not enough to make a significant difference in the game unless he happens to break a big play. The only reason for it is that the Bills feel it is in the best long erm interest of McGahee and therefore the Bills to let him get his feet wet this season.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Yeah maybe only use him near the goalline so he can at least get his 1st Pro career TD!:)

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                          Yeah maybe only use him near the goalline so he can at least get his 1st Pro career TD!:)

Unless the game is a blowout, I doubt that.

Comment

• socalfan
                            Old Fogey from Cali
                            • Feb 2003

I think tomorrow is a good day to start him off. The rest of the seasonal games brings some very good defenses, and I think that woudn't be a good way to get him going. If he breaks one tomorrow, he could be set for the rest of his career.

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Unless the game is a blowout, I doubt that.
                              Well when do you use him then if at all?

Comment

Working...
                              X