X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JefftheBillsfan
    • Jul 2002

This Probably Won't Go Over Well..

..but what do you guys think of letting Winfield go this offseason, and draft somone like a Straight/Gamble(another Buckeye) out of college instead of goin after a FA. Seems to me anyways, a good 4/5 CBs grade out in the first.

Let's see..theres jackson, hall, straight, gamble, then vasher.

Then we can spend the bucks to go after a DE in FA. Although now the FA list may not be all that appealing, expect another quality player or 2 to be cut, there are already the rumors in NY about abraham/ellis. If you ask me, I'm not impressed with any of the DE's in this draft.

Its all about the quest.
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

Depends how much he wants.

He is definitely not a guy you sign at all costs.

I would say no more than 3 million. If he is a team player, he will take it.

Byrd.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

It all depends what you spend the 4 million or so on.

Right now we can afford both Winfield and a decent DE like Wistrom(Rams) or Hicks(KC).You might also play the waiting game- there are a lot of good CB's on FA this offseason, and coupled with a very strong CB class in the draft- we might get a real steal.

If you rolled both of those salaries into a Jevon Kearse, (and if he stay healthy) then the QB pressure generated would make any rookie or bacup CB look better (McGee or a rookie). Or you take that money and get a Guard and a center.

TD knows player value- I'm sure whatever direction he goes he will get maximum value.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

It's not possible to cast the teams offseason plans in concrete because there are too many unknowns. TD probably assumes he wants to maintain the strength at cornerback, upgrade free safety, defensive end, interior offensive line, depth at QB, and speed at WR. Winfield's asking price, that of Hicks and Wistrom, and others will shape what he does in free agency. Then the draft will fill in the holes. That's how we and the Bills hope it will work out anyway.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• nolimit
          Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
          • Aug 2003

Gamble is the Shiite!

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

i am a virginia tech alum, and i can tell you, deangelo hall is not going to be a very successful cb.. they should keep him at FS, which is what he plays alot of at VT... his cover skills are not that great, but he is a playmaker and has good hands.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Bert102176
              • Aug 2002

I wouldn't mind signing Charles Woodson away from Oakland, isn't Champ Bailey a free agent also
              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Bert102176
                I wouldn't mind signing Charles Woodson away from Oakland, isn't Champ Bailey a free agent also
                As well as Mcallister and Phili's #1 corner

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Winfield_26
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Franchise tags, alot of teams still hold them and to keep a prize CB on the team they will use them. Woodson will probably be let go but its gonna be a bidding war for him.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Winfield_26
                    Franchise tags, alot of teams still hold them and to keep a prize CB on the team they will use them. Woodson will probably be let go but its gonna be a bidding war for him.

Some teams may stay away from him because he has called out coaches..

Comment

• nolimit
                      Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
                      • Aug 2003

isnt shawn springs a freebie too?

Comment

Working...
                      X