PDA

View Full Version : S A T A N

JD
12-06-2003, 11:04 PM
Miro has been moved to the 4th line....
No longer on the PP either I believe.....

I think this was a wrong move by Lindy Ruff.

Some of you may agree or disagree with what Im about to say, but here it is anyway.....

Putting a guy on a lower line will not always make him do better, how could you be encouraged when your put on a line with barely any skill when you have alot of it deep down inside?

If I was Ruff, I would put Miro on a higher line so It would practically force him to get better and get out of his slump.

When I was in I think 9th grade, for Global, my teacher realized I was doing poorly, averaging about a 65 average. He moved me up to the more advanced class and in no time I had my average up to a 96! Myself working with and around other hardworking classmates inspired me and sortof made me get better to fit in with them in a way...

Look, I know school and hockey are differant in many ways but I think this would actually work out.

What do you guys think?

hurls
12-06-2003, 11:09 PM
I agree on the main premise: If your leading scorer hits a slump, do you banish him to the 4th line, or put him with someone hot(i.e. Dumont and Briere)? I know they don't want to disrupt Dumont's line now, but how is Satan EVER gonna score, playing constantly with Brown, Taylor, or Mair? Try him with some studs, if he still fails, there's nothing left, but to bench him. But the 4th line is not the answer.

Makaveli
12-07-2003, 07:47 AM
yea i completely agree (wow thats a first for us JD lol), there is just no way Satan can let loose with the players he is playin with, how about a Satan, Drury, Kotalik line? i think that eould do well.

Twistmyarm
12-07-2003, 08:57 AM
but how is Satan EVER gonna score

well he's gotta do something that he hasn't done in quite a while....TRY, put forth some sort of effort to show that he was worth the investment!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's slacking, he's lazy and he's the typical Euro player, personally I say healthy scratch his ass and bring someone up who wants to play hard and be a the aggressive scrappy player, even if for a short while, while Miro either gets out of his slump or pulls his cranium out of his rectum!

:down:

Myers57
12-07-2003, 11:39 AM
He deserves the fourth line. This guy is good enough to make the 4th line look good any day of the week. Miro has had his chance on the higher lines and has failed to do anything with it. When he was on the Brown, Afinogenov line, Max and Curtis were scoring but Satan wasn't. That line is the highest he is going to get because by no means do you split the top hecht, dumont, and briere line who are as hot as the french connection just so this overpayed disgrace can realize that he doesn't have to play good to make the number one line.

This isn't school where the teachers do what they can to make you better, this is the real world where it is his job to score more than anybody else on the team.

He is not doing his job, he will not earn the benefits...

JD
12-07-2003, 01:12 PM
From last night, how can he make someone like Boulton look good? For example, last night Satan would try to pass it to Boulton but he just wouldnt get the pass.

Satan being on the 4th line WILL NOT give him confidence and will not make him try harder because he feels let down by being put on this low line! And even if he trys to do well, HE WONT because you can not get a good scoring from the 4th line so therefore its nearly impossible for Satan's stats to improve!

Twistmyarm
12-07-2003, 01:28 PM
Satan being on the 4th line WILL NOT give him confidence and will not make him try harder because he feels let down by being put on this low line!

nobody is here to hold his freakin hand! poor little Miro, can't put the puck in the net, what can we do for you? Tuck you in a night, warm your bottle for you? maybe you'd like a few more million..would that help you score?

Screw that, he's playing like crap, he's lazy and from what I've been told...he's a freaking whiner in the locker room. He's a professional hockey player getting $5 mil a year to do a job, guess what pal, you can't do your job? Oh well warm the pine with your 5 mil $ ass! NO way in hell should we break up hot lines, or change things to try and help Miro "find his shot"!

Man this pisses me off..give me Rob Ray and his 1-2 goals a year, with his heart and willingness to take a pay cut to stay and play for this team over Miro any day, matter of fact for $5 mil a year give me 5 Rob Ray's..this team would at least be back to the hardworking team we all love, not some overpaid euro trash, who won't even stretch his arm out to catch a pass, or God forbid outwork someone on the boards for the puck.:grind:

SkateZilla
12-07-2003, 04:13 PM
yeah

dont baby the spoiled brat..
lmao

Suspend him without pay..

Bench Him Agaisnt Detroit..

Tell Kalinin To Fight ..

and we'd be straight.

pyrrhonist
12-07-2003, 05:36 PM
Is this thread about Jagr, or one of the Ranger "stars"? :dizzy: :up:

alyson
12-07-2003, 08:32 PM
I agree, pyrrhonist! I didn't realize we were all so pissed at Miro. At least we're not in last place with Jagr as our star player.
I agree that Europeans have a different style of play, and perhaps work ethic, but I highly doubt he's a whiner in the locker room. Did you hear anything negative about his month as a captain?
He is definitely in a slump right now, but that happens to all the players. We just didn't expect it after he got his pay raise. And luckily we have other guys (Briere, Kotalik) doing really well right now.

qcsabresfan84
12-07-2003, 08:43 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree JD. Putting Satan on the fourth line is the only way to get him to skate harder. I don't know how many of you guys play hockey, so you might not know what it's like. I've been playing on the top defensive pairing all season for my team, and a few games ago my coach knocked me down to the third pairing because he didn't think i was skating hard enough. Damn, I busted my ass the next few games. Getting moved down is kind of like the coach saying you're not worth of playing on the top line, so all you want to do is get out there and prove yourself. And I just got moved back up to the top pair today. Satan is good enough to make plays with anyone on the ice if he makes the effort. The fourth line is the only place if he is going to make a difference on the team.

JD
12-07-2003, 09:51 PM
HE ACTUALLY PUTS A PINCH OF EFFORT IN WHEN HES ON THE HIGHER LINES AND THE PP, LAST GAME ON THE 4TH HE DIDNT TRY, i know he barely does but this was his worst, instead of making a good play on his own he would rather pass to freakin boulton!