PDA

View Full Version : OL struggles who's to blame

juice
12-07-2003, 08:17 PM
The big deal about this offense last year was how they were progressing into one of the best young up and coming lines. Why when they just began to jell was the decision made to upset things and bench Sullivan. Why has the "O" line coach not been held accountable for this lines regression. ACC

juice
12-07-2003, 11:24 PM
Sullivan didn't seem to do too bad today why hasn't a change been made before now to at least shake things up? It took an injury before any adjustments are made by this staff. Fire the line coach. ACC

superbills
12-08-2003, 10:52 AM
I agree. Tucker and Sullivan are creating holes for Henry to run through, then he gets in the open where he can punish linebackers and the secondary. These changes should have happened long ago. whoever made these personnel decisions, be Ruel, or Williams is a putz. Fire both their asses.

helmetguy
12-08-2003, 06:04 PM
Given the fact that GW and KG were not shown the door during the bye week, it's a safe bet that ALL of the decisions (personnel, play calling, etc.) will be addressed as soon as the season is finally over, and cooler heads will prevail. GW's career in Buffalo is-at best-on life support. Count on Ruel and KG to be gone. This offense was built to punish defenses with a relentless ground game. The O-line is HUGE, even by NFL standards. Why it took until well after the bye week to discover the value of the running game is an indictment against KG. GW could be considered an ex post facto accomplice for allowing KG to ignore the value of Henry and Co. for so long.

TigerJ
12-08-2003, 09:59 PM
The subtitle of the thread says, "Why was the offensive lineup from last year changed?" The second post says, "Why wasn't a change made before now?" It was made by the same guy. The third post says, "I agree with you." I think I'm in the twilight zone. Why wasn't the line kept the same as last year? Sullivan played guard last year. By all accounts he struggled mightily in traning camp and all but asked the coaching staff to let him back up at tackle rather than start at guard. He backed up Jennings because Jennings is better and after a season of playing guard it took him a while to adjust back to tackle.

I think the question might be better asked, "Why didn't the coaching staff give Tucker a shot at guard before now since Pucillo has obviously struggled this season. That's where the coaching staff has been too slow in pulling the trigger.

juice
12-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Seems like the coaches Blocking schemes must be too complicated or these lineman forget how to block in the off season, whatever the case there should have been more adjustments made in weeks 1-4

HenryRules
12-08-2003, 10:14 PM
Actually, I thought that Pucillo was showing a lot of improvement before he got injured. He really sucked at the beginning of the year, but he seemed to start picking it up after about game 5 or 6.

The_Philster
12-09-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Actually, I thought that Pucillo was showing a lot of improvement before he got injured. He really sucked at the beginning of the year, but he seemed to start picking it up after about game 5 or 6.
That's true...he did start showing a slight improvement.