PDA

View Full Version : Fun thing about Kevin Gilbride..

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 07:58 AM
you know.. i was thinking about it the other day.. i really only have one complaint about the guy.. he doesnt run the ball enough.. period...

but in the last few weeks.. it seems like he knows he is about to be shown the door, and he has decided to run the ball, like was promised all along..

the funny thing is.. he is probably doing this just to say, "see, it doesnt work when you just keep pounding the ball.. you have to throw it"... and it has been the exact opposite...

this bills team that we watched yesterday was the team that we all expected to see this year and a team that could play with anyone in the league, come playoff time..

shame that it is all a waste.:lastyr:

Rude American
12-08-2003, 08:03 AM
Such a waste.

:cynic:

TedMock
12-08-2003, 09:21 AM
He's coaching for his job now, not doing what he thinks works. The guy was a stubborn ass for 11 weeks and now he's in danger of getting fired and he's doing what works. It's irritating.

Brian Griese Rulz
12-08-2003, 09:28 AM
If the Bills play like this for the last 3 weeks of the season against 2 playoff teams and possibly a thrid (miami) I could see all the coaches coming back. Even Gregg.

Then we can all ***** and complain next year when the samething starts.

fushetti
12-08-2003, 09:29 AM
NO GRIESE NO..

SABURZFAN
12-08-2003, 09:35 AM
it's an audition for their next jobs.they're ALL gone after this year.

Rude American
12-08-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
If the Bills play like this for the last 3 weeks of the season against 2 playoff teams and possibly a thrid (miami) I could see all the coaches coming back. Even Gregg.

Then we can all ***** and complain next year when the samething starts.

EXACTLY why I'm saying that winning is potentially a bad thing.

Mr. Miyagi
12-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Sadly I agree. We're now playing for draft picks, and winning doesn't do it any favor.

TedMock
12-08-2003, 09:46 AM
My biggest concern is easily Gilbride. I don't hate Coach Moobies like some do but I'm sure as hell not thrilled with him either. His bread and butter is defense and I have to at least give him some credit on that end. His biggest fault is not muzzling Gilbride sooner. Realistically, I think TD muzzled him not GW. I doubt either one is back next season. If by some strange chance they win out and finish 9-7, I still think KG is gone. They might end up keeping GW but I think and hope KG is fired either way.

The Spaz
12-08-2003, 09:47 AM
KG better be ****ing fired that mother ****er!:mad: He wasted our season!!!!!!!:puke::scared: :madcurse:

don137
12-08-2003, 11:22 AM
KG and Ruel have hurt this team in ways that has cost this team a chance at going to the post-season. They must be gone...

BAM
12-08-2003, 11:41 AM
Sorry, but winning is NEVER a bad thing. period :D

ps this also means that losing is never a good thing ;)

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller

brad.. i really dont understand why you cant get this at all.. if we win, say 2 more games.. and go 8-8.. i dont care what you say.. there is a possibility that the front office may keep gilbride and greg williams for another few years.

so lets just use this as a hypothetical scenario... the bills win out.. they go 9-7... dont make the playoffs.. but gilbride and greg williams keep their jobs... after all the bad calls and bad moves that these two have made this year.. can you honestly say that the future of the bills looks bright???

now lets take this scenario into consideration.. the bills beat miami, and lose the other two games.. go 7-9.. gilbride and williams are fired. we bring in Herm Edwards or Nick saban, and les steckle gets the OC job. we are able to pick up sean taylor in the draft.

you tell me which scenario, FOR NEXT YEAR, sounds better? which would make you more excited about the future.. because this year is over.. the chances of us making the playoffs, even with winning out are about the same as LOG winning the 400$ jackpot and championship in the Billzone FF league.

IHateTheDullphins
12-08-2003, 11:50 AM

Good post.:up:

Nice fans. Losers want to lose, and winners want to win. There seems to be high number of losers around here.:cynic:

BAM
12-08-2003, 11:56 AM
I dunno Tatonka. I just can't bring myself to hoping my team loses. That's all. I understand your scenarios and everything but I honestly think at least KG lost his job a while back, no matter what happens the rest of the year.

As for GW, the players seem to be playing hard as hell for him, so maybe he is worth keeping around for another year.. i dunno

I'm just too much of a :homer: i guess! :D I could understand if we only won one game so far, might as well just lose the rest to get a better pick, but it'll feel a lot better in the offseason (for me anyways) to say that my team was 8-8 or 9-7 as opposed to 5-11 or 4-12 like some people wanted ;)

The Spaz
12-08-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

brad.. i really dont understand why you cant get this at all.. if we win, say 2 more games.. and go 8-8.. i dont care what you say.. there is a possibility that the front office may keep gilbride and greg williams for another few years.

so lets just use this as a hypothetical scenario... the bills win out.. they go 9-7... dont make the playoffs.. but gilbride and greg williams keep their jobs... after all the bad calls and bad moves that these two have made this year.. can you honestly say that the future of the bills looks bright???

now lets take this scenario into consideration.. the bills beat miami, and lose the other two games.. go 7-9.. gilbride and williams are fired. we bring in Herm Edwards or Nick saban, and les steckle gets the OC job. we are able to pick up sean taylor in the draft.

you tell me which scenario, FOR NEXT YEAR, sounds better? which would make you more excited about the future.. because this year is over.. the chances of us making the playoffs, even with winning out are about the same as LOG winning the 400$ jackpot and championship in the Billzone FF league.

Exactly!

ryven
12-08-2003, 11:58 AM
As long as KG is gone I dont care if moobs comes back for another season but KG is the biggest problem. Now by no means am I supporting GW but if I had to pick one of those two guys it would be KG first.

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
Good post.:up:

Nice fans. Losers want to lose, and winners want to win. There seems to be high number of losers around here.:cynic:

stop being an a$$hole, man.. everyone here wants the team to win.. i just think that winning a couple more games this year could cost us ALOT more losses in the next few years... have you ever heard the saying "sacrafice a few, to save many"... does that make any sense to you?

nevermind.. i dont even know why i am trying to get this into your thick scull.. all your interested in doing is ****** insulting people who have a different opinion. go f yourself, *****.

BAM
12-08-2003, 12:07 PM
like i said before, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. you guys keep being content if we lose, i'll be hoping we win/being happy as hell when we do. even if we don't make the playoffs.

:gobills:

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 12:09 PM
I dunno Tatonka. I just can't bring myself to hoping my team loses. That's all. I understand your scenarios and everything but I honestly think at least KG lost his job a while back, no matter what happens the rest of the year.

see.. that is where you and i are seeing this different.. you truely believe that gilbride is gone.. but i am telling you.. there is a CHANCE that he is not.. he just renewed his contract this past offseason.. td obviously likes him.. and greg likes him too...

if i TRUELY believed that kevin gilbride was GONE FOR SURE.. then i would be happy seeing us win out.. and like i have said 100x before.. i dont root against them.. when the game is actually on.. i am screaming just like everyone else.. but i am saying that IF THEY DO LOSE THE GAME.. i dont look at that as a big negative.

The Spaz
12-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Exactly I take the game as a grain of salt and if we win it's a bonus as the way I see it this year!:up:

Dozerdog
12-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Just let the chips fall where they may.

If the Bills lose out and theyy retain GW and Gillbride, wouldn't that be a waste?

Or the Bills lose out , fall to a draft spot you were hoping for, and they ignore your choice for the pick anyway?

It's all ridiculous to speculate anyway. But that's what we are here for.

I doubt they will be retained. If they win out It's even more of an indictment of why they should NOT be back. It proves they had the talent to beat the big guys all along and it was grossly missused against inferior teams.

The Spaz
12-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

If the Bills lose out and theyy retain GW and Gillbride, wouldn't that be a waste?

Or the Bills lose out , fall to a draft spot you were hoping for, and they ignore your choice for the pick anyway?

I doubt they will be retained. If they win out It's even more of an indictment of why they should NOT be back. It proves they had the talent to beat the big guys all along and it was grossly missused against inferior teams.

Yes common logic would indicate this but who knows but I hope your right.

Dozerdog
12-08-2003, 12:27 PM
see.. that is where you and i are seeing this different.. you truely believe that gilbride is gone.. but i am telling you.. there is a CHANCE that he is not.. he just renewed his contract this past offseason.. td obviously likes him.. and greg likes him too...

It's not TD's call that he's on the staff... it's Gregg's. I think TD, if he liked his offense- liked the 4000 yard asser, 1400 yard rusher offense that put up 40 or so TDs last year.

Going 17 odd quarters on the road without an offensive TD , or 13 odd quarters in a row overall without a TD will sour an opinion of a guy

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 12:29 PM

i agree, for the most part.. and really the draft pick is not that big a deal.. the main thing is Gilbride.. i can even deal with williams coming back (ok .. really i hate the thought of that too.. ) but if i have to watch just one more year of

3rd and 1... the bills line up in the power formation.. backs in the I set. Bledsoe under center.. hikes the ball.. play action to henry.. drops back.. heaves the ball into the air.. mark cambell is double covered.. drops the pass.. bills punt..

just one more year of that.. and i might go insane.

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 12:31 PM
It's not TD's call that he's on the staff... it's Gregg's. I think TD, if he liked his offense- liked the 4000 yard asser, 1400 yard rusher offense that put up 40 or so TDs last year.

Going 17 odd quarters on the road without an offensive TD , or 13 odd quarters in a row overall without a TD will sour an opinion of a guy

no telling what going 9-7 could do.. just no telling..

hell.. its a message board.. and we are all here to speculate.. i just think it is a realer possibility than most think.

Dozerdog
12-08-2003, 12:31 PM
One huge but not publicized reason they won't be back will be ticket sales- mainly the renewal of the private boxes. After 5 years, they come up for renewal this offseason

Just like Flutie's magical 1998 season sold the original boxes, this year bringing back an unpopular figure will put a big dent in those efforts.

That's why i beleive 3 million or more for a Nick Saban - while out of wack for previous Bill's hires, won't be so outlandish this time around.

It's not the big money keeping coaches away- it will be player & roster control keeping away some candidates.

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 12:32 PM
One huge but not publicized reason they won't be back will be ticket sales- mainly the renewal of the private boxes. After 5 years, they come up for renewal this offseason

Just like Flutie's magical 1998 season sold the original boxes, this year bringing back an unpopular figure will put a big dent in those efforts.

That's why i beleive 3 million or more for a Nick Saban - while out of wack for previous Bill's hires, won't be so outlandish this time around.

It's not the big money keeping coaches away- it will be player & roster control keeping away some candidates.

good point!

The_Philster
12-08-2003, 12:33 PM

Not publicized by anyone but me. :cynic:

As of a month ago, we've sold 60% of the boxes for next year.

Rude American
12-08-2003, 12:36 PM

Brilliant!!! 4 STARS!!! If you can only read one post this year, THIS is the one to read!!

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Rude American
Brilliant!!! 4 STARS!!! If you can only read one post this year, THIS is the one to read!!

:bravo:

The Spaz
12-08-2003, 01:07 PM
Siskel:up:Ebert:up:

Rude American
12-08-2003, 01:25 PM

stop being an a$$hole, man.. everyone here wants the team to win.. i just think that winning a couple more games this year could cost us ALOT more losses in the next few years... have you ever heard the saying "sacrafice a few, to save many"... does that make any sense to you?

nevermind.. i dont even know why i am trying to get this into your thick scull.. all your interested in doing is ****** insulting people who have a different opinion. go f yourself, *****.

You're on a roll today, bro.

:up:

Mr. Miyagi
12-08-2003, 01:30 PM
:hi5: Tatonka

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 02:45 PM
You're on a roll today, bro.

:up:

IHATE has actually apolgized for making some of those rude remarks, and i apologize to him for getting nasty.. water under the bridge...

:D

Mr. Miyagi
12-08-2003, 02:48 PM
Fighting is more fun. :punchu:

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Fighting is more fun. :punchu:

f you, buddy!

Mr. Miyagi
12-08-2003, 02:57 PM
:chuk:

Love this smilie.

IHateTheDullphins
12-08-2003, 02:58 PM
:peace:

Rude American
12-08-2003, 03:07 PM
so we're all friends again?

IHateTheDullphins
12-08-2003, 03:13 PM
I'm sorry, Rude. I'll try to be nicer to everyone. :up:

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 03:30 PM
just call me the peacebringer.

The Spaz
12-08-2003, 03:31 PM
just call me the peacebringer.

:angel:

BAM
12-08-2003, 04:45 PM
yah we're all friends. if everyone had the same opinions this board would suck a$$. :D

Rude American
12-09-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
I'm sorry, Rude. I'll try to be nicer to everyone. :up:

me too. :cheers:

Tatonka
12-09-2003, 11:39 AM
me too. :cheers:

liar!... are you going to change your name too?

IHateTheDullphins
12-09-2003, 11:59 AM
I changed my avatar for the occasion.