X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Fun thing about Kevin Gilbride..

you know.. i was thinking about it the other day.. i really only have one complaint about the guy.. he doesnt run the ball enough.. period...

but in the last few weeks.. it seems like he knows he is about to be shown the door, and he has decided to run the ball, like was promised all along..

the funny thing is.. he is probably doing this just to say, "see, it doesnt work when you just keep pounding the ball.. you have to throw it"... and it has been the exact opposite...

this bills team that we watched yesterday was the team that we all expected to see this year and a team that could play with anyone in the league, come playoff time..

shame that it is all a waste.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Rude American
    EE is my American Idol
    • Jul 2002

Such a waste.

You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• TedMock
      • Jul 2002

He's coaching for his job now, not doing what he thinks works. The guy was a stubborn ass for 11 weeks and now he's in danger of getting fired and he's doing what works. It's irritating.

Comment

• Brian Griese Rulz
        • Aug 2003

If the Bills play like this for the last 3 weeks of the season against 2 playoff teams and possibly a thrid (miami) I could see all the coaches coming back. Even Gregg.

Then we can all ***** and complain next year when the samething starts.

Comment

• fushetti
          President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
          • Feb 2003

NO GRIESE NO..
          "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
          Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

it's an audition for their next jobs.they're ALL gone after this year.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Rude American
              EE is my American Idol
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
              If the Bills play like this for the last 3 weeks of the season against 2 playoff teams and possibly a thrid (miami) I could see all the coaches coming back. Even Gregg.

Then we can all ***** and complain next year when the samething starts.
              EXACTLY why I'm saying that winning is potentially a bad thing.
              You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Sadly I agree. We're now playing for draft picks, and winning doesn't do it any favor.

Comment

• TedMock
                  • Jul 2002

My biggest concern is easily Gilbride. I don't hate Coach Moobies like some do but I'm sure as hell not thrilled with him either. His bread and butter is defense and I have to at least give him some credit on that end. His biggest fault is not muzzling Gilbride sooner. Realistically, I think TD muzzled him not GW. I doubt either one is back next season. If by some strange chance they win out and finish 9-7, I still think KG is gone. They might end up keeping GW but I think and hope KG is fired either way.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

KG better be ****ing fired that mother ****er! He wasted our season!!!!!!!

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

KG and Ruel have hurt this team in ways that has cost this team a chance at going to the post-season. They must be gone...

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
                        • Sep 2003

Sorry, but winning is NEVER a bad thing. period

ps this also means that losing is never a good thing

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BradAlanMiller

brad.. i really dont understand why you cant get this at all.. if we win, say 2 more games.. and go 8-8.. i dont care what you say.. there is a possibility that the front office may keep gilbride and greg williams for another few years.

so lets just use this as a hypothetical scenario... the bills win out.. they go 9-7... dont make the playoffs.. but gilbride and greg williams keep their jobs... after all the bad calls and bad moves that these two have made this year.. can you honestly say that the future of the bills looks bright???

now lets take this scenario into consideration.. the bills beat miami, and lose the other two games.. go 7-9.. gilbride and williams are fired. we bring in Herm Edwards or Nick saban, and les steckle gets the OC job. we are able to pick up sean taylor in the draft.

you tell me which scenario, FOR NEXT YEAR, sounds better? which would make you more excited about the future.. because this year is over.. the chances of us making the playoffs, even with winning out are about the same as LOG winning the 400$ jackpot and championship in the Billzone FF league.
                          Last edited by Tatonka; 12-08-2003, 11:52 AM.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                            New and Improved!!
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by BradAlanMiller

Good post.

Nice fans. Losers want to lose, and winners want to win. There seems to be high number of losers around here.
                            Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
                              • Sep 2003

I dunno Tatonka. I just can't bring myself to hoping my team loses. That's all. I understand your scenarios and everything but I honestly think at least KG lost his job a while back, no matter what happens the rest of the year.

As for GW, the players seem to be playing hard as hell for him, so maybe he is worth keeping around for another year.. i dunno

I'm just too much of a i guess! I could understand if we only won one game so far, might as well just lose the rest to get a better pick, but it'll feel a lot better in the offseason (for me anyways) to say that my team was 8-8 or 9-7 as opposed to 5-11 or 4-12 like some people wanted
                              Last edited by BAM; 12-08-2003, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X