PDA

View Full Version : One big negative yesterday

The_Philster
12-08-2003, 08:38 AM
We always get told that the lots won't open til 4 hours before gametime. It's something that's enforced around the league. Yesterday was the first time they enforced it in Buffalo. A drunk leaving a Giants game a few months ago ran over a little girl...leaving her paralyzed. He had no insurance and the family has decided to sue the NFL. No one can fault the NFL or the Bills in this...except for one thing. Our lots in Buffalo are usually getting full before 4 hours before kickoff. Why couldn't they have sent season ticket holders emails about this or at least made some kind of real public warning? I showed up at 10 and there were already dozens of cars waiting to get into our lots. The traffic was backed up all along Abbott Road as well as Big Tree when they finally decided to open up the gates at noon.

justasportsfan
12-08-2003, 08:56 AM
Getting out of the parking lot is also a pain in the booty especially when cops are bothered by fans who lock their car keys inside the car. :snicker:

EricStratton
12-08-2003, 08:58 AM
The drunk at Giants stadium was about 7 years ago, the lawsuit was filed a few months ago.

The_Philster
12-08-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Getting out of the parking lot is also a pain in the booty especially when cops are bothered by fans who lock their car keys inside the car. :snicker:

:lol:
Originally posted by EricStratton
The drunk at Giants stadium was about 7 years ago, the lawsuit was filed a few months ago.

ahh ok...I was wondering why I hadn't heard of it til yesterday

fushetti
12-08-2003, 09:16 AM
Don't park at the Bills Lots. Park at ECC. Its so easy to get in and out of there...and its 5 bucks cheaper.

Dozerdog
12-08-2003, 09:24 AM
I'm using a private house- 5277 quaker lane- great spot!

The_Philster
12-08-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by fushetti
Don't park at the Bills Lots. Park at ECC. Its so easy to get in and out of there...and its 5 bucks cheaper.

We've been at the same spots for the whole 8 years I've had seasons...and we're right across the lot from the Pinto. Don't think I could ever move.

helmetguy
12-08-2003, 09:06 PM
Did anyone think there'd be less drunks at the game by FINALLY sticking hard and fast to the NFL's "policy?" People were still moving their tailgating stuff into the lot on foot and, rather than leave and come back later, people just got in line and drank beers while they waited for the lots to open. In the end, following the policy to the letter caused MORE problems that what the policy was intended to solve.

HenryRules
12-08-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Did anyone think there'd be less drunks at the game by FINALLY sticking hard and fast to the NFL's "policy?" People were still moving their tailgating stuff into the lot on foot and, rather than leave and come back later, people just got in line and drank beers while they waited for the lots to open. In the end, following the policy to the letter caused MORE problems that what the policy was intended to solve.

That's only 'cuz it was the first time they enforced the rule ... if they keep it in effect for a few more weeks, i doubt too many people will keep showing up that early.

Personally, I hate rules like this ... they have enough cops at the damned place during the game, but most of the time in the parking lots at the end, they don't seem to have any cops there ... if once a season, they set up breathalyzers as people were leaving (it's already stop and go as it is), they'd either bust a hell of a lot people or guys would finally start thinking and have a DD.

saviorbledsoe
12-08-2003, 09:47 PM
It was unusually hard to get out of the lots last night i thought.

BillsFever
12-08-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I'm using a private house- 5277 quaker lane- great spot!

That is where I've parked the last few weeks. I can almost be home by the time it would take to get out of the stadium parking lot. I'll never park in there again.

LtBillsFan66
12-08-2003, 09:52 PM
I don't bother going to the game. I watch the game on TV at 5275 Quaker Lane.

Earthquake Enyart
12-09-2003, 06:46 AM
We used to park at ECC. The last time I went, I took Mom. We had to climb over a guard rail and she went ass over tea kettle. :rofl: We still laugh about that. Good thing she was bundled up.

We saw the last game the Houston Oilers played. :eek:

stuckincincy
12-09-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by HenryRules

Personally, I hate rules like this ... they have enough cops at the damned place during the game, but most of the time in the parking lots at the end, they don't seem to have any cops there ... if once a season, they set up breathalyzers as people were leaving (it's already stop and go as it is), they'd either bust a hell of a lot people or guys would finally start thinking and have a DD.

That was done once in PGH. The Allegheny County Sherriff, Eugene V. Coon (a great guy - when big steel was crashing to the ground in Pgh in the 80's, he went on tv and said he would refuse any more house foreclosures, telling the banks that they made gazillions off of these people's backs for many years. The banks changed their tune), in response to public complaints set up the blocks after a Steelers game.

It was like shooting ducks in a pond.

Shortly thereafter, nasty rumors started to circulate about the Sherriff, and he was not re-elected.

The_Philster
12-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
they have enough cops at the damned place during the game, but most of the time in the parking lots at the end, they don't seem to have any cops there ... if once a season, they set up breathalyzers as people were leaving (it's already stop and go as it is), they'd either bust a hell of a lot people or guys would finally start thinking and have a DD. I agree.That would be a great idea. A great many of them are working traffic control but we have plenty of security guards who are cops during the week.

Bert102176
12-10-2003, 01:32 PM
last year when I won the tickets for the game against the Lions my friend and I parked in someones lawn for only $3