PDA

View Full Version : Two ways to make the playoffs

Patrick76777
12-08-2003, 09:54 AM
1. Knock the Titans out!

-Miami losses to Philly on Monday and to us the following week. Finishing 9-7 (3-3 in division)
-Buffalo wins last 3. Finish 9-7, 4-2 in division, 7-5 in AFC
-Tenn losses to Buffalo, At Houston and Tampa Bay, finish 9-7, 6-6 in AFC
-Cincy Wins vs. SF, drops one at STl and wins vs. Clev. Finish 9-7, 7-5 in AFC
-Denver finishes 10-6 gets 1st WC!

4 way tie at 9-7 for last WC Spot

Ties broken in division first so Miami is eliminated because we’re 4-2 in the division and they are 3-3.

3 team tie for WC with Buffalo, Tennessee and Cincinnati, Tennessee is eliminated because of the 6-6 AFC record.

2 way tie with Buffalo and Cincinnati reverts back to 2 team tie-breaking procedures. Head to head, Buffalo won and they get the 6th playoff spot. Heading off to Indy!

Hardest part? Beating Tennessee and having Tennessee lose to Houston. I could see the Titans losing to TB in week 17, I can see Miami losing to Philly on Monday night!

Option number 2. Cleveland over Denver
-Miami losses to Philly on Monday and to us the following week. Finishing 9-7 (3-3 in division)
-Cincy Wins vs. SF, Losses at STl and win vs. Clev. Finish 9-7, 7-5 in AFC
-Denver losses to Cleveland and Indy beat GB Finish 9-7, 7-5 in AFC
-Ten wins the first WC at 10-6

Ties broken in division first so Miami is eliminated because we’re 4-2 in the division and they are 3-3.

3 team tie for WC with Buffalo, Denver and Cincinnati each 7-5 in AFC, Cincy lost to both Buffalo and Denver and would be eliminated.

2 way tie with Buffalo and Denver for the last playoff spot. It goes to win % vs. Common opponents.

Denver –
KC – W
KC – L
NE – L
Cin – W
Ind – L (assuming they lose to Cleveland and Indy to finish the year)
Finish – 2-3

Buffalo
KC – L
NE – W
NE – W (assuming we win out)
Cin – W
Ind – L
Finish 3-2

Buffalo gets last WC!

Hardest part? Again beating Tennessee and Denver losing to Cleveland. After that, it’s possible.

The Spaz
12-08-2003, 09:56 AM
1st and foremost we have to win the rest period to have any shot at all.:)

Patrick76777
12-08-2003, 09:56 AM
As long as we win next week, we’re still alive.

If we win and Miami losses, we’re in fairly good shape.

If we win and Miami Denver both lose, we’re in great shape.

Mr. Miyagi
12-08-2003, 09:59 AM
Mathematically yes. But I don't see us beating the Pats in NE so none of this matters.

Patrick76777
12-08-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Mathematically yes. But I don't see us beating the Pats in NE so none of this matters.

It's just for your information!

clumping platelets
12-08-2003, 10:01 AM
It ain't ova til itz ova

Ð
12-08-2003, 10:04 AM
The fat lady hasn't sung

imbondz
12-08-2003, 10:05 AM
you gotta believe

Patrick76777
12-08-2003, 10:08 AM

I’m not worried about NE yet!

If we win the next 2 games,
Miami loses to Philly
And Denver losses to Cleveland and Indy

We’ll be in a win and in situation in NE! At that point in time the game may be meaningless for NE. We could waltz in!

We just need Cleveland to beat Denver!

The Spaz
12-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Cleveland beat Denver!:puke:

Mr. Miyagi
12-08-2003, 10:12 AM
Not that I'm trying to be pessimistic because I'm a hard core Bills fan.

But even if all the above happens and we make the playoffs, we won't get very far. We might be able to take Indy since we came close to it last time, but we were at home. But chances are we'll be the 6th seed team and have to go to Foxboro or Arrowhead in the first round. We'll be out right away.

Patrick76777
12-08-2003, 10:15 AM
Got to make the playoffs to find out.

We have a very good D and a hot running back. That's what wins games.

KC is on the downslide and they can be run on!

Indy hasn't proven that they won't choke in the playoffs and we played them tough

We beat NE 31-0 and I don't care how we did it, we did it.

Not saying we'd go all the way, but if we make it in, we could do some damage!

Hey, you never know!

juice
12-08-2003, 10:16 AM
Defense is on a mission to save Jerry Gray in these trying days. The Titans and Pats are in and aren't desperate. We wont lose to the Titans if they cant run the ball, this "D" isn't going to let Mcnair beat them single handedly. ACC

Dozerdog
12-08-2003, 10:17 AM
:up:

clumping platelets
12-08-2003, 10:25 AM
Not that I'm trying to be pessimistic because I'm a hard core Bills fan.

But even if all the above happens and we make the playoffs, we won't get very far. We might be able to take Indy since we came close to it last time, but we were at home. But chances are we'll be the 6th seed team and have to go to Foxboro or Arrowhead in the first round. We'll be out right away.

:tongue:

Throne Logic
12-08-2003, 10:42 AM
It basically comes down to two things.

1) Will Gilbride stick with the running game? This is especially important on the road.

2) Will this team step it up on the road. This will be heavily dependent upon how well the offense plays. This goes back to #1 - Will Gilbride stick with the running game?

I can't let myself get excited about any of these sinarios until I see us win in Tennessee, which is arguably the toughest game on the schedule this year.

TigerJ
12-08-2003, 10:44 AM
I'm not optimistic. Not only is Houston over Tennessee a stretch, Cleveland over Denver is asking a lot too. It's tough to be in a position where we have to depend on teams ahead of us losing to inferior teams. Beating New England would be a tough task, but If Buffalo enters week 17 still alive, they will be pumped. New England already has clinched the division championship, so they would at most be playing for a bye and home field, and maybe not even that depending on what happens the next two weeks.

don137
12-08-2003, 11:06 AM
While on paper it doesn't look good for the Titans to lose at Houston or the Broncos losing to Cleveleand but in the NFL today anything can happen...If nothing worse I will be thrilled if the Bills beat the fins causing them to not make the playoffs...

Patrick76777
12-08-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by don137
While on paper it doesn't look good for the Titans to lose at Houston or the Broncos losing to Cleveleand but in the NFL today anything can happen...If nothing worse I will be thrilled if the Bills beat the fins causing them to not make the playoffs...

Very True! Very True!

BAM
12-08-2003, 11:22 AM
Maybe I put the fat lady up too fast...

Hopefully! :pray:

lordofgun
12-08-2003, 11:23 AM
Thanks, Pat!

Patrick76777
12-08-2003, 11:44 AM
You're welcome Log!

Dozerdog
12-08-2003, 11:56 AM
There is a third way-

The BCS could leap frog us ahead of Denver -

The Spaz
12-08-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
There is a third way-

The BCS could leap frog us ahead of Denver -

Isn't that the truth!:lol:

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

see, now your getting me excited.. stop this madness... :D

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 12:17 PM
thanks for figuring that all out though.. nice to see..

it really just pisses me off too though that we couldnt pull out a win against the texans... or dallas.. or the eagles.. or indy.. all of them were SO WINNABLE.. but this gay ass coaching staff and blew dredsoe cost us all those games..

bledsoe had the ball in his hands with a chance to win it.. and didnt come through a single time.

Rude American
12-08-2003, 01:27 PM
Another way to make the playoffs:

Buy a ticket to a playoff game of a team that does actually make the playoffs.

BillsOwnAll
12-08-2003, 02:30 PM
for all you none beilivers out there....ask yoursweelf..why am i a bills afn? cuase you think we cant win out and make the playoffs? cuase you dont beilive! if its possible it can happen. i mean anything can happen. We should also hope that NE clinches #1 seed so they dont try AS hard the last game.

also what if this happens?

miami goes 1-2
denver goes 1-2
bills go 3-0
cincy goes 2-1
balt..who cares..
does denver and miami have to lose to certain teams or just go 1-2?

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
for all you none beilivers out there....ask yoursweelf..why am i a bills afn? cuase you think we cant win out and make the playoffs? cuase you dont beilive! if its possible it can happen. i mean anything can happen. We should also hope that NE clinches #1 seed so they dont try AS hard the last game.

also what if this happens?

miami goes 1-2
denver goes 1-2
bills go 3-0
cincy goes 2-1
balt..who cares..
does denver and miami have to lose to certain teams or just go 1-2?

new england not caring about a bledsoe matchup.. unlikely.

fabolouspaul
12-08-2003, 02:42 PM
Hey Pat, if Denver beats Cleveland, does that mean all hope is over regardless of what happens?

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 02:56 PM
no.. but tennessee would have to keep losing.

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 02:56 PM
i think

Jeff1220
12-08-2003, 05:54 PM
:hamrhed:
It kills me to think how much more likely the playoffs would be if this team could've just pulled out 1 or 2 of the games that were within reach.
:mad:

BAM
12-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
:hamrhed:
It kills me to think how much more likely the playoffs would be if this team could've just pulled out 1 or 2 of the games that were within reach.
:mad:

heard that.. :cry:

juice
12-08-2003, 11:38 PM
Clevland played with some heart Monday night, Maybe Denver has something to worry about. ACC

BADTHINGSMAN
12-08-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

see, now your getting me excited.. stop this madness... :D

Yeah dont you hate when someone does that??

BillsMan80
12-09-2003, 01:47 AM
It all comes back to one game. The loss vs. the Houston Texans.

BillsMan80
12-09-2003, 01:48 AM
When we look back on it, the reason this team won't be going to the playoffs is because we lost at home to Houston and a ****ty loss at Dallas. Not saying we won't go for sure, but if we don't get in, those 2 games are why. And we could have beaten Indy too.

Patrick76777
12-09-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by fabolouspaul
Hey Pat, if Denver beats Cleveland, does that mean all hope is over regardless of what happens?

T is right, if we win on Sunday we’re still alive. No matter what else happens.

We need Cincy to lose any game. Just one game!

We need Miami to lose 2 games, one against us and either of the others, vs. NYJ, vs. Philly.

And we need one of the following

Denver losses to Cleveland and at Indy

Or

Tenn losing last 3, vs. Buffalo, at Houston and vs. Tampa Bay!

justasportsfan
12-09-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by don137
While on paper it doesn't look good for the Titans to lose at Houston

Let's take McNair out to the parking lot and beat the crap out of him.

BillsOwnAll
12-09-2003, 01:29 PM
rreally.....i think Tenn. could lose the last 3. its not out of reason. i think if we win all 3 we weill amke it. i mean miami will lose one to us and one to the other 2 teams. denver.....they might go 2-1...but they COULD go 1-2 i dont see them going 0-3 though.

The_Philster
12-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

imbondz...it's up to you. :up:

Cntrygal
12-10-2003, 02:44 AM
1. Knock the Titans out!

-Tenn losses to Buffalo, At Houston and Tampa Bay, finish 9-7, 6-6 in AFC
-Cincy Wins vs. SF, drops one at STl and wins vs. Clev. Finish 9-7, 7-5 in AFC
-Denver finishes 10-6 gets 1st WC!

3 team tie for WC with Buffalo, Tennessee and Cincinnati, Tennessee is eliminated because of the 6-6 AFC record.

2 way tie with Buffalo and Cincinnati reverts back to 2 team tie-breaking procedures. Head to head, Buffalo won and they get the 6th playoff spot. Heading off to Indy!

Hardest part? Beating Tennessee and having Tennessee lose to Houston. I could see the Titans losing to TB in week 17, I can see Miami losing to Philly on Monday night!

Option number 2. Cleveland over Denver
-Cincy Wins vs. SF, Losses at STl and win vs. Clev. Finish 9-7, 7-5 in AFC
-Denver losses to Cleveland and Indy beat GB Finish 9-7, 7-5 in AFC
-Ten wins the first WC at 10-6

3 team tie for WC with Buffalo, Denver and Cincinnati each 7-5 in AFC, Cincy lost to both Buffalo and Denver and would be eliminated.

2 way tie with Buffalo and Denver for the last playoff spot. It goes to win % vs. Common opponents.

Denver –
KC – W
KC – L
NE – L
Cin – W
Ind – L (assuming they lose to Cleveland and Indy to finish the year)
Finish – 2-3

Buffalo
KC – L
NE – W
NE – W (assuming we win out)
Cin – W
Ind – L
Finish 3-2

Buffalo gets last WC!

Hardest part? Again beating Tennessee and Denver losing to Cleveland. After that, it’s possible.
:dizzy:

:phew:

Thanks! :up:

shelby
12-10-2003, 04:23 AM
If we play the way we did last week, i believe anything is possible.
:gobills:

don137
12-10-2003, 06:50 AM
Over? It ain't over until we say it is...Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Moulds80
12-10-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Why the guy would still start. He could break both legs and be in a wheelchair and he will start. :snicker: :awm: