X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryven
    • Jan 2003

Bills move to first in D

according to this article on the Buffalo news we wet from third to first. Heres the article:

The Bills outrushed the Jets, 203-88. And the Jets' offense was throttled so thoroughly that the Bills' defense moved up from third to first in the NFL rankings after Sunday's games.
  • IHateTheDullphins
    New and Improved!!
    • Aug 2003

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Our D is SOOOOOO NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

nope.. still in second.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
        New and Improved!!
        • Aug 2003

Awww Crap.
        Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

crazy thing is.. if you look at it.. the bills are first in pass defense.. and about 10th in sacks, with 30.. and the sack leader is baltimore.. and they only have 37.. so we are right there...

and everyone was talking about how tough tennessees run defense is.. well that is based on yards per game averages.. and they average 79 yards against them per game.. but they have put a whooping on some people so they have 80 less carries against them.. the telling thing to look at is the yards per attempt.. and the titans allow 3.6 yards per carry.. that is good for number 6 in the league.. the bills are 5th at 3.5

this defense is damn damn good.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

jesus.. buffalo is also second in scoring defense.. behind tampa... allowing only 15.4 a game..

in really didnt realize they were that good.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

this is the one that really hurts us... and it is also why our defense is not thought of as great like some others are.. turnover margin.. we are -11 (3rd worse in front of arizona and the giants).. that is due to the defenses inability to get picks and force fumbles, and drew bledsoe's turnovers (ok.. henry has one!)

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                New and Improved!!
                • Aug 2003

We moved up 8 spots in one game on the sack list. Not bad at all.

We went from 18th to 10th. Now we just have to do something about this turnover problem. It's not a huge deal, seeing as how we're a yard or two away from being the TOP RANKED DEFENSE, but it would be nice to see more takeaways.

I've noticed how we've really cut down on penalties quite a bit too. Doesn't get mentioned too much but it is a big improvement.

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
                  We moved up 8 spots in one game on the sack list. Not bad at all.

We went from 18th to 10th. Now we just have to do something about this turnover problem. It's not a huge deal, seeing as how we're a yard or two away from being the TOP RANKED DEFENSE, but it would be nice to see more takeaways.

I've noticed how we've really cut down on penalties quite a bit too. Doesn't get mentioned too much but it is a big improvement.
                  So keep Greg Williams if he wins out? Sounds like your giving him credit were credit is due. He is the head coach over the defense too.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

This ranking is what might keep GW in Buffalo.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                      New and Improved!!
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by juice

So keep Greg Williams if he wins out? Sounds like your giving him credit were credit is due. He is the head coach over the defense too.
                      All BS aside juice, I really don't have a problem with keeping GW. He's had this team for three years, and never have they quit on him. KG is th main culprit, but to be honest, if he was installing gameplans all year like the one against the Jets, I wouldn't have a problem with him either. It's hard to argue results, but it's too bad it took this long.

Comment

• ryven
                        • Jan 2003

The players seem to like GW but Nobody like KG so if they got rid of KG and either promoted steckle or brought some one of quality in we would be superbowl contenders.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

All BS aside juice, I really don't have a problem with keeping GW. He's had this team for three years, and never have they quit on him. KG is th main culprit, but to be honest, if he was installing gameplans all year like the one against the Jets, I wouldn't have a problem with him either. It's hard to argue results, but it's too bad it took this long.
                          Problem is, GW 0-2 in picking Offensive Coords. If we keep him who's gonna pick the 3rd one?
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TedMock
                            • Jul 2002

That's exactly how I feel. I'm not 100% down on GW but I am on KG. The defense has drastically improved but the offense, overall, has gotten worse due to KG's stubborn ass. I don't want him back at all because I don't think he'll run an entire season utilizing the strengths of this team. I think he's coaching to save his ass at this point and not running his game plan. If he's retained he'll try the same stupid s**t next year.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

They were playing like they quit during the middle of the season.
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X