PDA

View Full Version : Marques Sullivan

shelby
12-08-2003, 05:55 PM
"It's all about staying ready," said Sullivan, a 16-game starter last year, but a member of the inactive list through the first eight games of the season. He had dressed the previous four weeks, but didn't see any live action until Nov. 23, when he stepped in briefly for left guard Ruben Brown against the Indianapolis Colts.

"It hasn't been easy not playing," Sullivan said. "It has been a little frustrating because you feel like you can help the team in some capacity. Those are the cards that were dealt to me, so I had to take it. But I didn't have to accept it, though. All I did all season was to prepare myself mentally every week as if I was starting. When my opportunity came today I just wanted to make the most of it."

Thoughts on his performance?

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20031208/2053444.asp

Jeff1220
12-08-2003, 05:59 PM
Why he hasn't played every week at RG is beyond me!

The_Philster
12-08-2003, 06:01 PM
He played well...as expected. :up: He shouldn't have been benched in the first place. :cynic: I was listening to WNSA on the way home and they were talking about it. We have 4 very capable tackles on the roster with Sullivan, Price, Williams, and Jennings (who they said was our best O-lineman). We can't very well rotate them but isn't there a way to get our best 5 O-lineman on the field at once?

The Spaz
12-08-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
He played well...as expected. :up: He shouldn't have been benched in the first place. :cynic: I was listening to WNSA on the way home and they were talking about it. We have 4 very capable tackles on the roster with Sullivan, Price, Williams, and Jennings (who they said was our best O-lineman). We can't very well rotate them but isn't there a way to get our best 5 O-lineman on the field at once?

Well acording to Gregg Williams the best players play. I don't beleive him.:beer:

helmetguy
12-08-2003, 08:11 PM
Wasn't Sullivan demoted because Pucillo was supposed to be more versatile (can also play T, C)? Here are words that GW is SURE to hear in his sleep..."Upon further review..."

TigerJ
12-08-2003, 10:06 PM
Sullivan was benched because in preseason he stunk at right guard, seeming to regress from last season. He all but asked to back up at tackle rather than start at guard. He just felt he wasn't well suited for guard. My question is why didn't Tucker get a shot sooner at right guard?

HenryRules
12-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Wasn't Sullivan demoted because Pucillo was supposed to be more versatile (can also play T, C)? Here are words that GW is SURE to hear in his sleep..."Upon further review..."

Sullivan wasn't dressing because he wasn't versatile (Sobieski can play C and G.

He didn't start because he played horrible all through mini-camps and training camp.

There was pretty much a daily story about how Sullivan was being outplayed by Pucillo. I have also heard Sullivan say once or twice that he wasn't really comfortable at G either.

The Spaz
12-08-2003, 10:21 PM
Well I think Sullivan is versatile seeign he played G last year and was a OT in college again just dumb blunders by this wonderful coaching staff.

HenryRules
12-08-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Well I think Sullivan is versatile seeign he played G last year and was a OT in college again just dumb blunders by this wonderful coaching staff.

We already had Price as a backup OT. Sullivan was just re-learning the position and probably didn't surpass him until recently. We needed someone who could play C. With all of his past mistakes, are we really nitpicking about the 7th OL that GW chose to dress?

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 10:26 PM
i would like to know why we havent seen sobieski at all this season? tucker over sobieski?

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 10:27 PM
oh.. and sullivan played great.

The Spaz
12-08-2003, 10:28 PM
This whole line is versatile enough to get thr best players on the field Jenning plays G and T Teague C and T Williams plays RT could probably move to LT and Price plays both RT and LT and Tucker G and T. The best players should play and the coachesI beleive are just holding a grudge against him for some reason.

HenryRules
12-08-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
The best players should play and the coachesI beleive are just holding a grudge against him for some reason.

By starting him over a veteran in Price? They hold grudges worse than they coach then.

The Spaz
12-08-2003, 10:34 PM
Hey it wouldn't be any difference as far as I know Price has always been a backup so his feeling shouldn't be hurt too much.

Tatonka
12-08-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
By starting him over a veteran in Price? They hold grudges worse than they coach then.

i think he was referring to the whole season prior to this.

The Spaz
12-08-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

i think he was referring to the whole season prior to this.

Exactly.

The_Philster
12-09-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
Sullivan was benched because in preseason he stunk at right guard, seeming to regress from last season.

He must've regressed an awful lot to look worse than Pucillo and according to the Zoners on the scene, that doesn't seem to be the case.